2A Mr. Football Back Finalist

Gerry Bertier

Dustin Lindsey(Alcoa)- 156 att. 1242 yards 8.0 avg 25 TD's

Bobby Martin (Fairview)- 177 carries 1475 yards 8.3 avg. 20 TD's

Markei Guy (Westview)- Can't find stats on him, if anyone could provide them that would be great. I had a hard time picking the West nominee. It was between him and Josh Boyd of Camden.

I know some will disagree, list your top three and why?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My top 3 would be...

Dustin Lindsey- Alcoa. He has 27 TD's, over 1200 yards, and runs behind a great line, anchored by Martin White and Colton Reid, who could both be future 2A Mr. Football award winners for lineman

I dont know a lot of info on the next two but from what I've heard they're the real deal

Josef Rutley- Tyner. Leads a Tyner team that was supposed to be down after the loss of two D1 prospects, look now....#3 in the state.

Markei Guy- Westview

I personally think Lindsey should win it, hands down, this year and next.

BOBBY MARTIN WITHOUT A DOUBT

I block for 'em yeah that makes me bias but I am telling you I have never and I mean NEVER seen a back with this kind of talent out of the 9 games we have played he was in for maybe 7 and 3/4 games and is sill in the top of 2A SO let there be no doubters out there he is the one and only Mr. FOOTBALL BACK 2004!!!!

HE can juke, spin, jump, cut, and if he feels like it he will just push right though you.

oh yeah if you read this Bobby the middle school girls still have your pins HAHa

the majority of the top backs out there play for the better teams, so very rarely will you see a great back like all these playing a whole game, so most of them have probably played 7 and 3/4 games...i don't think they shoudl go by stats though! it's too bad the "judges" of the mr. football award can't go and see each individual back for themselves, instead of word of mouth!

My top 3 would be...

Dustin Lindsey- Alcoa.  He has 27 TD's, over 1200 yards, and runs behind a great line, anchored by Martin White and Colton Reid, who could both be future 2A Mr. Football award winners for lineman

I dont know a lot of info on the next two but from what I've heard they're the real deal

Josef Rutley- Tyner.  Leads a Tyner team that was supposed to be down after the loss of two D1 prospects, look now....#3 in the state.

825401833[/snapback]

...I've got the info on Josef...here is why he should win it over Lindsey:

Rutley doesn't get as many "touches" as most rb's get, yet he still has the stats that qualify him as one of the best: 1188 yards, 13 td's, only 114 attempts for an average of 10 yards per carry ...and just as you said without the two(2) O-linemen he had in 2003!!!

...If I were voting Rutley would be the one!!!