Region 2AA District 4

adco

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OS will once again be the favorite. IMHO, until someone knocks the Lady Cats off the roost, they are the favorites. They have Hackworth, Monk, Smith, Wampler, and many other key players or transfers back, so....

And watch out for AC!! They started coming on last year as the super sophs progressed. Not nly are they a year older and wiser, add Sr Tiffany Rodd into that mix and I believe AC could compete for the top spot!!

1. OS

2. AC

I have a question. How do you put AC and Kingston over Oliver Springs? Oliver Springs may of lost some players...but then you also have to remember the girls that are still there the freshman coming up and the transfers that happen each year. I think if you watched Oliver Springs play ball this past summer in camps and things you would chance your opinion on that. But this could just be my opinion about this but I think I have some people who have saw OS play that would agree with me. I'm not saying that Kingston has no chance...but last year they kinda wasnt as strong as they could of been. Anderson Co. from what I hear seem to have a good team. With the transfer from Clinton Rodd....so I could see them coming along this year but tip off season is about 3 weeks away so I'll guess we'll see them....

Guest vapor rub

I see OS not being able to handle the press pressure like they did with L. Hall. So that would be the first thing that sticks out. Secondly they have transfers from Oak Ridge of which one only seen playing time. Could be a plus. But jealousy could be the minus and a big problem. They were that way with Hall just imagine someone coming in from Oak Ridge. I know you will say we love those kids now. But we will see when it takes time from the main stays look out.

Should be interesting.

If AC can handle pressure they will be fine. A year older and more mature they could be the team to beat with Rodd. They have a couple Sophmore's and freshman that could give them some much needed depth if Coach Ellis uses them. They also have some size and strength as well. Could be their year.

I saw Lenoir City in the Karns league and they look better than people have been saying they would be, don't count them out. Coach Lee could be the difference he will have them prepared and will play you to sleep.

I don't see Kingston being any better than last year unless they have some new kids come in. The freshman they have coming in are not as strong as people think and being freshman they will take time getting to where they can contribute.

Loudon the big girl is gone (I think)so outside scoring will have to be the way. I really don't see that. Did the kid from Sweetwater middle come to Loudon or go to Sweetwater. She was a 8th grader at Sweetwater Middle I think.

Scott Co. new coach new life. who knows. The talent does not seem to be there right now. Coach Kris (sp) coached back in the early 70's at Wartburg Central, so he is not fresh from middle school like I have heard. He's been around and is a good coach. He could be the difference for them this season. They do have 8th graders that can contribute next season I know that.

My picks

AC / OS tie maybe (1 and 2)

Lenoir City / Kingston close call

Scott Co

Loudon

Edited by hopi

I think anyone who says OS won't miss Laura Hall is crazy, but I also think anyone who thinks they won't be at or near the top of the district standings is also crazy.

This OS team has a lot of talent. I know Hackworth, Monk and Davis will score in double digits most nights and will have a few 20+ games between them. Lankford, Smith, Barger and Wampler will also put up good numbers. I've probably left out a few, but they have plenty of talent.

The Lady 'Cats can win the district and region along with landing a spot in Murfreesboro.