Mr. Football -Kicker?

tigercoach63

FYI: Not that anybody will pay attention to this, but Justin Sparks(Briarcrest) is listed as the #13 kicker in the nation by Unapproved Website, the only one listed from the state and has committed to Ole Miss.

But no one cares about Memphis, even though some of the best kickers in the SEC in the past few years have come from there.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. :)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok time to represent the punters. John Gregory from Ooltewah hasnt had the chance to punt as many times this year because of an outstanding running back in Dwayne Caldwell, but when he has it has been a thing of beauty. He has had 25 punts averaging 41 yards with a long of 53. 8 of those punts have been inside the 20 and 3 inside the 5. 5 fair catches to go along with that. He won the long distance punt and best over all punter awards at the Univeristy of Georgia camp this summer and placed second in the hangtime with an average of 4.4 seconds. If the returner from the other team has no chance to run and the punter can back the other team up, he has become the most dangerous defensive player on the team. In two years he has a total of 58 punts with a long of 72. 14 punts inside the 20 yard line and 9 fair catches. Listed on propunter.com and kicking.com check it out. Stats are also on ohsowls.com.

Edited by I am me

how about Eric Gasiecki from Fairview? He is only a sophomore and is already kicking 55 yarders in practice. He as good accuracy and he can punt and kick the ball into the end-zone. Give him another year, and i say he will be a d-1 prospect, and possibly the best kicker in the state.

825406248[/snapback]

give eric another year and then look for some recognition

I agree. Carruth is a very strong kicker and he never loses his head. I enjoy watching him kick and I believe that he could actually kick for a college like Martin or somewhere like that if he wanted to. Also to lionsfan37, he started playing his sophomore year, not his freshman year. Carruth, keep kicking like you are, we're all very proud of you. :angry: