jeff co and bearden

bigeastfbguru

Give some specific situations.  None cross my mind of any smack talk on the field.  Feel free to fill me in.

825408435[/snapback]

Have to agree with ya bhs. I was on the fence on both sidelines thourgh out the game and never heard or saw what these guys are talking about.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe that this years team did not make the playoffs. Coaching decisions did affect the outcome of this season, like the coach or not. I like Coach U, I like his stance and discipline, but he did make a lot of wrong decisions this year. As anyone will make a wrong decision. What I don't like is how our seniors hearts were broken. They played their hearts out most of the time, and deserved to be in the playoffs, and this team should have been 9-1, 8-2 at the worst. Oakland, you stand by Coach U, not matter what, I admire your loyalty, but you don't know these boys and the talent and drive they had. These guys all the way up form LL ball, have been winners, the two middle schools that made up the majority of this team went undefeated only losing to each other, in this area we have a multi-county grasscutter/peewee program, and the same group of boys won their years, and I know that LL, and middle is different, but these boys were winners. They needed the direction. I believe that Coach U is a good coach, but I also believe that Coach U came into this year, not looking at winning this year, but looking at building on later years, that is why they ran with a unexperienced O-line which cost us many times, even with all of Shivy's yards. When it came down to time that we needed some beef to block and open up, they were not allowed to play both ways, these boys were the defensive line, which was so tough, shutting most down, but coming into this year we had a offensive line returning from last year that was the talk of the region, and they were broken up. I also don't like that Coach U is not a man of his word, many of these boys can play the next level, i am not saying they are D-1, but many could play D1AA, and D2. And that is what these boys want, to go to school, get their education, these seniors are a smart group of kids, most of them anyway, Luther and Green, are tops in their class. Coach U has not helped them at all, even after saying that he would.

There are many arm-chair, or should I say bleacher seat coaches, and I am one of them. Granted, U only had one week of spring practice, but he did not take any ones thoughts, suggestions that were trying to help him learn these boys. These boys could have done much more, if given the chance, given the respect, given the support. Some of the boys that he has had trouble with are that, they have always had some trouble, but that is expected, and those boys need to be worked with, not my way or the highway all the time. These are boys sometimes that needs the extra direction, that may not have always had the support. Then there are some top notch kids on this team that do what they have to do.

My hats off to this group of seniors. They are a phenominal group of kids, and I hate to see them done. My heart is broken for them, that their season is through. They deserve to be playing next week. I hope that things turn around for the program. Daniel, Zack, Billy, Shane, Kevin, Jason, Justin, Scott, John, Ben and any others I may have forgotten, I have enjoyed watching you guys play, grow up, and become fine young men. Try and get to the next level, if Coach U is not going to help, I know that Coach Whitehead will. Coach Brimer and Coach Kisabeth may do some things to help you. But walk with your heads up, be proud of what you have done, and always remember your teamates, and know that you have one true fan here.

I can't believe that this years team did not make the playoffs.  Coaching decisions did affect the outcome of this season, like the coach or not.  I like Coach U, I like his stance and discipline, but he did make a lot of wrong decisions this year.  As anyone will make a wrong decision.  What I don't like is how our seniors hearts were broken.  They played their hearts out most of the time, and deserved to be in the playoffs, and this team should have been 9-1, 8-2 at the worst.  Oakland, you stand by Coach U, not matter what, I admire your loyalty, but you don't know these boys and the talent and drive they had.  These guys all the way up form LL ball, have been winners, the two middle schools that made up the majority of this team went undefeated only losing to each other, in this area we have a multi-county grasscutter/peewee program, and the same group of boys won their years, and I know that LL, and middle is different, but these boys were winners.  They needed the direction.  I believe that Coach U is a good coach, but I also believe that Coach U came into this year, not looking at winning this year, but looking at building on later years, that is why they ran with a unexperienced O-line which cost us many times, even with all of Shivy's yards.  When it came down to time that we needed some beef to block and open up, they were not allowed to play both ways, these boys were the defensive line, which was so tough, shutting most down, but coming into this year we had a offensive line returning from last year that was the talk of the region, and they were broken up.  I also don't like that  Coach U is not a man of his word, many of these boys can play the next level, i am not saying they are D-1, but many could play D1AA, and D2.  And that is what these boys want, to go to school, get their education, these seniors are a smart group of kids, most of them anyway, Luther and Green, are tops in their class. Coach U has not helped them at all, even after saying that he would. 

There are many arm-chair, or should I say bleacher seat coaches, and I am one of them.  Granted, U only had one week of spring practice, but he did not take any ones thoughts, suggestions that were trying to help him learn these boys.  These boys could have done much more, if given the chance, given the respect, given the support.  Some of the boys that he has had trouble with are that, they have always had some trouble, but that is expected, and those boys need to be worked with, not my way or the highway all the time.  These are boys sometimes that needs the extra direction, that may not have always had the support.  Then there are some top notch kids on this team that do what they have to do. 

My hats off to this group of seniors.  They are a phenominal group of kids, and I hate to see them done.  My heart is broken for them, that their season is through.  They deserve to be playing next week.  I hope that things turn around for the program.  Daniel, Zack, Billy, Shane, Kevin, Jason, Justin, Scott, John, Ben and any others I may have forgotten, I have enjoyed watching you guys play, grow up, and become fine young men.  Try and get to the next level, if Coach U is not going to help, I know that Coach Whitehead will.  Coach  Brimer and Coach Kisabeth may do some things to help you.  But walk with your heads up, be proud of what you have done, and always remember your teamates, and know that you have one true fan here.

825408941[/snapback]

Wow i didnt realize that JC had a bad year. You guys wine more than us Dogs do and we only one 1 game.

Guest region4fan

Yes, you would think they were 0-10 instead of having a 6-4. Never satisfied and never will be. If this bunch wins the state, they will still be whining that the score wasn't high enough...........

none of these guys could play D-1AA and a couple might be able to contribute a couple years in D-2, and thats unlikely. they are D-3 players or NAIA., but they are good high school players. obviously jcpatriotfan and these other posters know nothing about college football and it appears that region4 and that bearden guy dont know anything about tradition here at JC.

none of these guys could play D-1AA and a couple might be able to contribute a couple years in D-2, and thats unlikely.  they are D-3 players or NAIA., but they are good high school players.  obviously jcpatriotfan and these other posters know nothing about college football and it appears that region4 and that bearden guy dont know anything about tradition here at JC.

825409334[/snapback]

I know your tradation up there but with the guys you lost last year and a new coach i think you guys had a good year. It will only be better the next few years.

JC4life, get over it.  Your team won the game...stop trying to drive nails into an already-suffering program just because you're frustrated your Pats didn't make the playoffs.

I understand your disappointment, but you're taking it out on the wrong team.  The only Bearden player to respond to your comments has been full of class -- you're turning into the classless one in the thread.

Regarding Jefferson County football, I will say that this team looked like a playoff team.  Coach U had a proven record at Oakland, and while I know his history means absolutely nothing right now, there are reasons for his past victories; I hope next season will simply be an extrapolation of his former prowess.

825408885[/snapback]

Me talking about Bearden has nothing to do with us not making the playoffs, if you couldn`t see the smack talking that was going on you must be blind. BTW I have no reason to just attack a program for no reason. Bearden's classless rep is not false, in fact in my senior year in 2002 our coaches warned us about Bearden players trying to provoke us. We were especially warned about Britton Colquitt who played WR for Bearden, we watched film of him taking cheap shots at other players and talking smack. And its not like its just Jefferson Co fans talking about the "class" that Bearden showed, there was a Bearden fan on here that said they were embarrassed friday night by the way the players acted. If you have a chance to watch the film from friday night take a look at what was happening after the play was over.

Edited by JC4life

Me talking about Bearden has nothing to do with us not making the playoffs, if you couldn`t see the smack talking that was going on you must be blind. BTW I have no reason to just attack a program for no reason. Bearden's classless rep is not false, in fact in my senior year in 2002 our coaches warned us about Bearden players trying to provoke us. We were especially warned about Britton Colquitt who played WR for Bearden, we watched film of him taking cheap shots at other players and talking smack. And its not like its just Jefferson Co fans talking about the "class" that Bearden showed, there was a Bearden fan on here that said they were embarrassed friday night by the way the players acted. If you have a chance to watch the film from friday night take a look at what was happening after the play was over.

825409959[/snapback]

You seem to be and have been the only person on here talking trash this hole thread. Whats that say about you? Kinda like the pot calling the kettle black isnt it?

Let's stop with all the classless chat! What does it accomplish on a Monday morning. I know this is a chat line and that's what it's for but the kids are over it why can't we!

I like everyone else in JC did not want the season to end Friday night. Face there is nothing else to do and I loved watching these kids play. They are a fun bunch of kids on and off the field. I know many of them personally and coached many of them as well and they have been that way from grade school. It killed me to see their dissappointment on the field after Friday's game but a few of them did sneak out a smile after a whisper in their ear. I'm sure they will be in the stands next year cheering on their buddies. I wish them well in whatever they choose to do with their lives but 'm not done with them yet so I'm not talking like I won't ever see them again.

While I'm preaching let's also let up on the Coach U bashing trip. Should of, could of, would of can apply to anything in life. Let's hope that the underclassmen hit the weights in the off season and Coach U has the opportunity to implement his system for the entire year. Something he wasn't afforded with this years group.

I'm proud of these boys and any record they would of had wouyld never change that. Good luck to them and next years squad.

Guest Oakland
Let's stop with all the classless chat! What does it accomplish on a Monday morning. I know this is a chat line and that's what it's for but the kids are over it why can't we!

I like everyone else in JC did not want the season to end Friday night. Face there is nothing else to do and I loved watching these kids play. They are a fun bunch of kids on and off the field. I know many of them personally and coached many of them as well and they have been that way from grade school. It killed me to see their dissappointment on the field  after Friday's game but a few of them did sneak out a smile after a whisper in their ear. I'm sure they will be in the stands next year cheering on their buddies. I wish them well in whatever they choose to do with their lives but 'm not done with them yet so I'm not talking like I won't ever see them again.

While I'm preaching let's also let up on the Coach U bashing trip. Should of, could of, would of can apply to anything in life. Let's hope that the underclassmen hit the weights in the off season and Coach U has the opportunity to implement his system for the entire year. Something he wasn't afforded with this years group.

I'm proud of these boys and any record they would of had wouyld never change that. Good luck to them and next years squad.

825410468[/snapback]

sandman, i want to thank for letting up on coach U and realize the man didnt have a lot of time to implement his system as he has hired very late in the spring. i assure all jeff county fans that you will see a dramatic difference

You seem to be and have been the only person on here talking trash this hole thread.  Whats that say about you?  Kinda like the pot calling the kettle black isnt it?

825410352[/snapback]

A fourm is different than on the field, you should know that. The whole point of a fourm is so fans of different schools can support their team, and in some cases do a little trash talking. Taunting other players on the field is totally different story, trash talking on the field leads to fights and the taunting that went on friday night Maybe thats what the Bearden players were going for, but once again that goes back to the class a program has.