Guy or Weathers

westviewchargers64

Did you say country? I have seen this kid play corner and he isn't the best one in west tennessee. relies too much on his speed, the key to playing corner is being smart and staying home and on your assignments.

825411638[/snapback]

As I said, ask those who've played against him. You've seen a game or 2, I've seen 'em all. He's as good as anybody around here. And you didn't address how that impacts Mr. Football. Very rarely does a kid win Mr. Football just playing one way.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BrewVol,

You make a very good point. Many posters make decisions on questions like this based on seeing a player play ONE game. It simply CAN'T be done that way. Just like a TEAM can't be judged by watching them play ONE game!

Earlier in this thread, I gave my opinions on this question but, I certainly meant NO disrespect to the abilities of any player in question. Actually, there are more than Weathers and Guy that are "qualified" to receive this award from W TN. But, still your point is well made.

READ what I said. Very rarely does a kid win it playing only one side of the ball. I didn't say it had never happened. I just raised that fact. I never said Boo would or should win it or that he deserved it over Guy. I said by playing both ways I felt he had more than proved his durability. And as I stated, you haven't seen Boo play enough to judge how good a corner he is. ASK those who have played against him. And he's still just a junior.

Well Hill it seems played very little corner and still won the award in 2002 over two guys who played both ways and one whose stats were 2400 yards rushing 25 tds 85 tackles 5 ints. so normally the mr. football award goes to the offensive player and not the best all around. dont exactly agree with that formula but that is the way it is.

GerryBertier you're like a child who insists on getting in the last push or hit in a play fight.

you have nothing but negative things to say about Boo.

If half the players on a team had the heart and desire as him they'd be unstoppable. You say he's not durable and won't last long, I have not seen him get up slow one time all season. If your implying that he'll soften up towards the end of the year because he's wore down, I doubt it.

Phillip Weathers at least deserves a nomination for this award simply because he's a spark to his team, and he makes things happen every time he touches the ball. I'm sure the same can be said about Markei Guy but I'm more impressed by the fact that Boo hardly ever comes out of the ballgame, while Guy keeps decently fresh legs for most of the game.

So when you people talk about who is the "difference maker" for their team, you have to consider that Boo contributes to both sides of the ball, and he does a really nice job both ways.

Show me another kid his size doing the things he does. He fights for yardage against guys much bigger than him, even late in the game. That says alot about a guy going both ways.

Edited by darkglow