Guy or Weathers

westviewchargers64

Weather's is the best between Boo and Guy. Chris Donald is a powerhouse; just think of the total yardage he would have if he didn't have other great back's to split the time with and vice-versa with Boo. These boy's get fairly the same play time(getting the ball) and in turn have to split the yard's rushing. Guy doesn't have to deal with this. Don't get me wrong, we are very proud to have so much talent in the back field but it does hurt at times when you crunch the number's. Again this is not something Guy has to deal with much.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weathers is not as durable as Guy, Donald, and Cook. I would like Weathers to get 30 carries in a game and see if he holds up. He is a scatback, doesn't run through the tackles very often and when i saw him play they would just run sweeps with him. If a defense stays in their lanes, that will not go anywhere. Guy is an all around back and has it all. Donald is a freak out on the field, but I didn't see the speed Guy had, but the kid will run you over. I remember playing against Cook when he was a sophmore and he was a load to take down then and I bet he is the same way now. With all that said, the back that means to most to his team would have to be Guy. Who else does Westview have? Huntingdon has many good backs, McKenzie throws all the time, so it is an obvious choice for me to say Guy.

CT2006,

Sure I remember Nick Hampton. My son played against him. Still doesn't change my opinion on the backs in question.

If pressed to pick between Guy and Weathers, I would go with Guy I suppose. But, I stick to my guns that Donald is the best back around here and he has two seasons left at Huntingdon! Not only that, he's developing into a very good defensive player as well.

Gerry Bertier, Cook is still a load to stop. At 6'----200 lb., he's not a lot larger than when he was a Sophomore but, he may be a bit faster. The Rebel offense is getting a lot more service from Cody here in the last half of the season and he is making a difference now.

since the discussion has shifted towards the direction of chris donald, let me say this. anyone who saw his second carry of the milan-huntingdon game knows what kind of speed he has.

however, there are a few hurdles he must get over.

he's big. alot bigger than most of the kids out there, and him being a sophomore doesn't make things any better. you can tell it's hard for him to protect the ball. in the start of the games he does fine, but as the night progresses you can see that it's hard for him not to just sling the ball around when he gets dragged down.

small backs are taught to tuck the ball to their ribcage, but big boys have to run with the ball a little bit higher than where smaller backs do.. it's hard to describe on here why but some of you can get the logic behind that maybe. defenders can just punch the ball free easier with taller kids.

another thing is he doesnt lower his pads quite the way he should just yet. he's a straight up runner, almost like huntingdon's detrell smith back in 99.

all in all when you watch him play, and realize that he's mostly just whipping everyone with raw ability and then you think about what he'll do to people when he learns how to use it.. we wont be just calling him a monster.. we'll just call him THE MAN.

btw does anyone know his 40 yard dash time? i know it's got to pretty good, he shoots through the holes like a bullet.

Think about the facts.....

Boo Weathers has 1,700 yards rushing this year- (only a junior)

Chris Donald has 1,100 yards rushing this year- (only a sophomore)

This is Chris' second year rushing for 1,000+ yards

Both play for Huntingdon....... 2,800 combined yards rushing. WOW!

NUFF SAID!!!!!! :)

In one season youre likely to see 3,000- 3,500+ yards rushing from two individuals and teammates at that. HAVE YOU EVER?

They will both return next year!!!

Edited by Reignydayz

Actually I played with two backs that rushed for over 3,000 yards in one season. Aaron Cothran and Bobby Martin did it for Fairview in 2002. Aaron had 2400 yards while Bobby had around 700 or so. Not as balanced as Huntingdon but they are both great backs.

Donald is the best back in the region period. I think we can all agree on that one.

Gerry,

We've got two things in common.......

1) We both know talent when we see it

2) we both plyed Football for Lambuth. ( which was the worst experience of my life) :)

I played on the FIRST football team Lambuth fielded in 1985! Had to move on to better horizons! thumb

Edited by Reignydayz

Actually I didn't play football for Lambuth it was baseball, but now that I looked back upon it, I would rather play college football and college baseball. But we know talent when we see it. Lambuth's team has been struggling this year, I have no clue what is going on over there. Yeah the 1985 team gets alot of talk around campus on how they suffered through alot.

Gerry Bertier Posted Today, 04:42 PM

Actually I didn't play football for Lambuth it was baseball, but now that I looked back upon it, I would rather play college football and college baseball. But we know talent when we see it. Lambuth's team has been struggling this year, I have no clue what is going on over there. Yeah the 1985 team gets alot of talk around campus on how they suffered through alot.

Reignydayz Posted Today, 04:36 PM

Gerry,

We've got two things in common.......

1) We both know talent when we see it

2) we both plyed Football for Lambuth. ( which was the worst experience of my life) 

I played on the FIRST football team Lambuth fielded in 1985! Had to move on to better horizons!

what does playing at lambuth and how they r doing have to do w/ 2a mr. football? :D

Weathers is not as durable as Guy, Donald, and Cook. I would like Weathers to get 30 carries in a game and see if he holds up. He is a scatback, doesn't run through the tackles very often and when i saw him play they would just run sweeps with him. If a defense stays in their lanes, that will not go anywhere. Guy is an all around back and has it all. Donald is a freak out on the field, but I didn't see the speed Guy had, but the kid will run you over. I remember playing against Cook when he was a sophmore and he was a load to take down then and I bet he is the same way now. With all that said, the back that means to most to his team would have to be Guy. Who else does Westview have? Huntingdon has many good backs, McKenzie throws all the time, so it is an obvious choice for me to say Guy.

825408187[/snapback]

In my eyes 15-20 carries a game plus playing full time cornerback is more strenuous that carrying the ball 25 times and sitting on the sidelines for half the game. Guy MIGHT be a better running back but Boo is a better football player. And that is what the MR. Football award is all about isn't it? Ask McKenzie about Boo on the defensive side and see what they say. He's as good a corner as you'll find in this part of the country.