Guy or Weathers

westviewchargers64

You don't need math to know that 29 TD's is awesome.  And he's only played in the 2nd half of 3 games this year, he could have near 2500 yards easy.

825405497[/snapback]

Sounds like he's a great player. My issue was your statement that their were two from the east that deserved it more. Any great player who plays on a great team is probably going to be on the bench most of the second half. I'm sure one of the two players you mentioned will get a nomination (it sounds like Rutley might oughta be considered for lineman with those stats on defense), and only one of the two players from the west might get a nomination. Then you have Patrick Turner from Goodpasture or Austin Rodgers from Lipscomb. I personally don't like awards like this, they are WAY too subjective.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think other surprises will be in that mix of 2A backs.

Dont be surprised..... but I hope that Boo is the pick.

If not, there will be another nomination from Huntingdon :ph34r: and the name is Chris Donald

Dont forget Adrian Donald also.

My picks:

Boo Weathers- Huntingdon

Chris Donald- Huntingdon

Markei Guy- Westview

Adrian Donald- Humboldt

Dylan Walker- Milan

Josh Boyd- Camden

The Big Pick is Drew Hayes of Mckenzie- Leading the State in Passing

Edited by Reignydayz

I'll give my opinion on the choice between Weathers and Guy after oour game with Huntingdon tonight. As best I can find out Guy had 19 carries for 165 yds. +/- against us last week. He was good but, not necessarily awesome in our game. This is NOT to play down the season he has had. All things being equal between the two after tonight, Guy would probably get the nod because he has probably been more valuable to his team offensively. Huntingdon has other backs that could pick up Boo's slack if he were not in the lineup for some reason easier than Westview could cover for Guy. Many other fine backs were mentioned by Reignydayz as well but, we are only discussing a comparison between Weathers and Guy I guess.

I agree it would be hard to overlook the accomplishments of Drew Hayes.

There is one other individual that I intended to mention. I'm not trying to start any mess on here but, there is one other back that SHOULD have been in consideration for this honor and that is Cody Cook from McKenzie. I have no idea why the decision to use him so sparingly the first half of the season was made but, it hurt any chance he might have had at this honor.

Cody should still be on track for close to 1000 yards rushing again this season with a good game tonight and, will take over as the all time career rushing leader in McKenzie football history by a BUNCH! Made the AA All-State team as a sophomore! For whatever reason, he wasn't used much at all in the first 4-5 games this season on offense for McKenzie. He doesn't have the flat out speed of some of these backs mentioned in this thread but, none of them get the job done any better!!!!!!!!!

There is one other individual that I intended to mention. I'm not trying to start any mess on here but, there is one other back that SHOULD have been in consideration for this honor and that is Cody Cook from McKenzie. I have no idea why the decision to use him so sparingly the first half of the season was made but, it hurt any chance he might have had at this honor.

Cody should still be on track for close to 1000 yards rushing again this season with a good game tonight and, will take over as the all time career rushing leader in McKenzie football history by a BUNCH! Made the AA All-State team as a sophomore! For whatever reason, he wasn't used much at all in the first 4-5 games this season on offense for McKenzie. He doesn't have the flat out speed of some of these backs mentioned in this thread but, none of them get the job done any better!!!!!!!!!

825406771[/snapback]

duckman I have to agree with you on Cody Cook. He was the best player McKenzie had as a sophomore and now is just an afterthought. He had a nice game tonight considering he ran in a single back set all night as a fullback. I couldn't believe he was taken out when it was 2nd and long. Basically, Comer just said we're gonna throw it and we don't care if you know it. No play action and most of the time, not even a back in the backfield. Our corners did a great job of man coverage all night--especially when they only had to worry about the pass. Hayes is a good HS QB but he could be a great one if he was involved in a BALANCED attack instead of his coach expecting him to make every right decision and throw all night. I'm a Mustang fan and am tickled to death with the win, but I can't begin to understand how Comer thinks his team is better off with 4 wide outs a TE on the field and Cook standing on the sidelines. Is his job to win games fro McKenzie or make Hayes look good?

BrewVol,

Good to know that someone besides me recognizes the fact that Cook was much overlooked in McKenzie's offense this season (but, it isn't over just yet!) Who knows why the choices were made to run the Rebel offense the way it has been this year? All I can say right now is that my sincerest congrats go out to the Rebels for a job well done tonight. It definitely came from within themselves. Coaching may have played a part in the Rebel performance tonight but, the players dug deep inside and pulled out this game to keep it close.

As far as "why Donald over Guy", Why not!? I've seen all the backs in question here. Chris Donald is the best pure athlete I've ever seen in my life and that spans a considerable # of years. I've seen some great ones and played against H-town's Tim Priest ( who was as good an athlete as I've seen before now! ) Chris has the speed to rival any RB in the area. He will run over anything he can't outrun which is very few and far between. H-town, ya'll keep a close watch on Chris Donald. Athletes like him come along about once every 50-75 years in a county the size of Carroll Co.

I don't account for coaching blunders/choices, I'm just rankin' 'em:

1. Donald

2. Guy

3. Cook

4. Weathers(Huntingdon)/Boyd(Camden)

And I don't intend any disrespect to any player from any school in my choices here. A simple matter of who gets the job done when it has to get done!!??

Edited by duckman38201

Punisher whs pride,

Markei is definitely a great RB and I certainly don't mean any disrespect to him in my choices. If you look at the backs I picked you will see that they are some of the best this area has produced in several years.

To break down my choices, I will grade Markei and Chris equal on speed and "heart". On quickness, the edge goes to Markei. On toughness and power, the edge goes to Chris. I believe in power when all else is equal!

Edited by duckman38201

duckman, markei is a whole lot faster than Donald. donald may be the best pure athlete you have ever seen, but markei is the best running back this year. He rushed for almost 300 yards and 6 tds against what was the best team in the state, huntington. he can make anyone miss, and if he dont want u to catch him, u wont. boo isn't as durable, and i think that guy is the best this year. And for Donald being the best around here in a long time, u must not have heard of nick hampton from westview from a few years back. He had offers from big D1 schools like Michigan.