LETS GET READY TO RUUUMMBLE!

Rebel Nation

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, I'm with ya Ron.  If we make it to Tennessee High, it'll only be because we beat a highly motivated and well coached rhea county.

Tn high is hard to gauge.  They'd be the first to admit they play no one really...but do we?  On good years, Powell, MoWest and Central are real challenges we can point to.  I'm not sure they can point to that many on their schedule.

They score a bunch and don't allow much scoring.  Does that make them the big fish in the small pond (aka Boise St.) or a true big fish (Utah)?  Hard to tell.  One things for sure, they like that we're undecided on how to feel about them.  That's an edge. thumb

825407841[/snapback]

I myself had been wondering about this Tenn. High team, and with us having to play Clinton, I decided to watch the two best teams out of Regions 1 and 2 go at it, (realizing that this will be our likely matchup in the semi's). This was Sullivan East (9-0 and ranked #7), against Tenn. High (9-0 and ranked #3). I expected to see a good close game between two good ball clubs, but nothing up to the calibre of the Red Rebels. But what I found was one very good team getting dominated in every facet of the game by an amazingly talented Tennessee High. They beat them 54-0 in a game that was hyped to be a great battle. They are big, and fast... so fast. They have more speed than any team I have watched this year, including us. Even though I love the Rebels, you cannot ignore the truth. If we get to that game, and we will, it is going to be an all out battle. We may not have the kind of athletes that they have, but we have the tradition.

You can't look that far ahead just yet, both teams have to concentrate on each Friday night, or you slip up and you're out. Now it comes down to each game could be your last, and focus is most important. GQ will get the boys ready to play, and I'm not worried about let downs. We win this Friday by 3 TD's.

I'll tell you something Rhea County will beat Maryville in the first round of the playoffs.....I can dream can't I

I think this game will be closer then those of the past. As much as I would like to see Rhea County pull of this monumental upset I just don't see it happening. Maryville is a powerhouse and playing at their home stadium well you are just asking for trouble. I know Rhea County has had to travel to Maryville year after year and leaving with their heads down after Maryville put up 50 or even 60 and this was the 2nd round or 3rd round of the playoffs by the time you get that far in the playoffs the games should be getting closer not further apart. Rhea County had a decent year under thier new coach and I look for next year to be even better. But like I said before I really really want Rhea County to pull this one out. I have to be realistic Maryville is just to good..

Maryville by 21

Wow! The two best teams were each just one game over 500! I guess I should go look at some more Rebel stats before I declare whether I think that is just terrible or not.

Where do you get your stats man? Is it here on CoachT or someplace else?

825410794[/snapback]

It's easy. Go to the CoachT home page and type in a schools name in the "find a school" search box. It's at the top on the right. click go and that will pull up the school you want or the shcool and the schools around it (ex:Maryville pulls up us, WB and Heritage). Click on Football under the schoold name. That will take you to the schools homepage. click on scores/schedules. That will show you where the team stands. Then, if you want stats on the teams we've played, click on their names on the schedule. That'll take you to their homepage. Or, if you don't wanna go deep, just use the region standings block on the lower right on each schools homepage.

Their's also some quick facts on the schools homepage. Schedule strength, win loss, power ranking etc. It's not 100%, but a great source for info like what I just gave you. It's mostly all hear at your fingertips.

Edited by dmoyers1

If Hammontree could suit up, Rhea County might have a chance.  Maryville rolls until they meet Tennessee.

Can Tennessee be for real?  I think Tennessee may be a real darkhorse in this whole deal.

825407561[/snapback]

You have got to be kidding!!!!!!!!

Rhea Co is 4th in a region whose #1 was beaten by the #4 team in Maryville's region.

ANYone who thinks that Rhea has even a sniff/whiffle of a chance to stay within 28 to 35 points of Maryville is on the "jug".

Don't be surprised if Region 3 sweeps Region 4 in the first round. Halls beat their number 1 seed and may be able to do it again. Maryville, Central, and Powell will win easily. Halls will struggle to win. Look for week 2 of the play-offs to be Central vs Halls, Maryville vs. Powell.

I do have a question for those all mighty Rebel fans. Why in the world would Hammontree leave the greatest city, greatest High School, and Greatest Football program in the free world? Is he insane? Surely no one in their right mind would do something so foolish. ;):D:D

Maryville 63

Rhea Co. 8

Central 33

East Ridge 13

Powell 22

Cleveland 18

Halls 15

Red Bank 14

Rhea County fans,

Who's your all's leaders on offense? Give us some names to watch out for.

I think if Marville plays their A game as usual, we come out on top. I still would have rather gotten Cleveland, but that's water under the bridge now. Either team will give us a challenge. Heck, this is the playoffs. Everyone will be challenging!!

Watch the Wilson to Wilson connection.. Caleb Wilson #5 is the QB (soph) with a great arm. Corey Wilson #3 (Junior) is his main target with deceptive speed that is our main two on "O" our main RB would have to be Josh Miller big running back who loves the contact and somehow always falls foward. On "D" look for Reggie Moore #4 LB (Senior) loves to step up and fill the holes.

Rhea County is a very young team with a great coach you Maryville fans know that. But it is his first yera with this team and can't expect a turn around right away give him a year or two and I believe that Rhea County will be right up there with Maryville. I am not stupid Maryville has the better team this year and is going to more then likely advance to the 2nd round but also don't sleep on Rhea County. I would like to see Rhea pull of the miracle but Maryville is well....Maryville powerhouse.

Good luck EagleRC. You're right, Rhea County is set for the future now. I've been telling folks all year and even started a couple of threads about Tim and the Eagles. I'm not looking forward to meeting you all in the playoffs in years to come.

I think ya'll can and will compete Friday nite. Just take it quarter by quarter.