LETS GET READY TO RUUUMMBLE!

Rebel Nation

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could tell you a million things about the offense, about the defense, about the skill level of each player, what will happen in the game on Friday, and what plans the Eagles have up their sleeve. But... I won't.

and just another thing, the Rhea County Golden Eagles are a TEAM, don't refer to them as the ''Hammontrees'' or anything. Yeah Coach Hammontree is a great coach, but he's not the guy that kicks that extra point, not the guy that makes the qb sneak, not the guy that fights continuously every down. He's the team's coach and mentor. He's the guy they look up to and respect. There is a good amount of people in the town of Maryville that really respect Coach H, as well as in Greenback, Rhea County, surrounding areas and even down in Suwanee, GA where he was previously. He is a man that stands strong in his beliefs, stands strong behind his team, his students, and especially his coaches. They are not just a team, they are a family.

Good luck to both teams as they battle for the chance to play yet another week in this season.

IMO

I believe That the Maryville Rebels and GQ will be all about business Friday night.  I also feel that once GQ feels the game is out of reach he will call  off the dogs and play alot of folks. Welcome back Tim.

825413560[/snapback]

Spoken as eloquently as usual knight....and true. Now if you were that eloquent in person you'd be set haha thumb

"They’re a high school football team like any other high school football team,” said Hammontree of Maryville. “I feel like we have a good game plan going in. I don’t think their receivers and running backs are any better—they just break tackles, so we’re going to have to focus on making stops. I think we’ll also be able to throw and run the ball—it all comes back to performance. If our players play like they believe they can win then they’ll come out on top.”

Wow! That's some locker room material coming from the former coach. Now I know that Coach H is a pro and all, but that might not have been the smartest thing to say.

I mean, do you really want Ace and Childs to have any extra motivation to burn your DB's?

He may believe his own hype, but I'm not buying that the number 4 team in a weaker region is all that likely to knock off the mighty Red Rebels.

If he does really believe that his team on its best night is good enough to beat MHS on its best night, then that frightens me. Of course, you could also say that if a coach doesn't believe that, then he's not fit to be a coach. I was really shocked earlier this year when WB's coach said on the radio the morning of the MHS game that he "just hopes they [MHS] don't show up."

Ham may know football, but he should not quickly forget the Rebel spirit. We always respond to that kind of thing.

Hammondtree is one of the best mativational speakers, coaches, and all around good guys I have ever seen. That is what Rhea County needs to beat Maryville. Having been sent home from the playoffs twice by Maryville, I know that most teams are defeated before they even set a foot onto the field when playing the Rebels. But not this time. Hammondtree is going to have those players so fired up that they won't have time to second guess themselves. Maryville is one of the best high school football programs I have ever seen, but I think their hot streak in the playoffs will end this year with a loss to Rhea County.

Rhea county wins by 6.

I'm gonna point out a chink in Tim's armor. Not because I like doing it, because it's important to this convo:

Where was all this fire and brimstone last week against Cleveland? They sure coulda used it in that loss. I don't think you pick your games to get ifred up about, do you?

Just an interesting aside and the LARGE difference in what Maryville had once in coaching and what we have now in coaching. I don't believe we'd trade GQ for anything....even Tim. GQ doesn't need to ride a emotional rollercoaster from week to week to get results like Tim often will.

It gives me no pleasure to bring that up. I thought it was an important distinction though.