Cascade @ DCA- ROUND 1 *****

TheScout

USJ...lol...if they can beat Jackson christian again....0-0 at end of regulation? what a joke....I don't even need to defend dca in last years title game...boyd played a deflated dca teams without it's star (wooden) and his backup (who were both starting linebackers too).  nice try though burley.....shouldn't you be  trick or treating?  :lol:

825409755[/snapback]

Any excuse is better than none. I noticed on one of your other post you said DCA is one of the best teams in the state regardless of the classifacation. I hope you did not mean that they could play with a team like Riverdale or Maryville.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, bigfanofsports, this thread is about thoughts of who will win. Many thoughts are that DCA will win this game by a good margin. They are undefeated this year and finished second in the state last year. They didn't lose many players so, of course, they will be favored to win. Congrats on Cascade getting this far, but that will be it for them. Sorry.

hey thescout where did you get those facts have they secretly over the weekend already played the games did i miss them , cause i mean you say it is a fact that it will happen i mean dang i wanted to attend the wc-da game or do you have a crystal ball that allows you to see into the future,

first off i am not sure why every one thinks reigon 6 is so down this year cascade, huntland , wayne co, are all very good football teams would not suprise me if 2 of the three win, but you never know i have saw mp play three times this year and they should beat fra by a bunch, i have heard that cpa may have lost a few players over last few weeks if that is the case then huntland will give them all they want not sure if huntland has enough offense to win but it is possible, dca should and prob will beat cascade but i think it will be a pretty good ballgame as cascade can do some things, wayne co, and da played last year in first round wc won something like 50-13 not sure it will be that bad agin but i think wc will pull it out

Riverdale beat CPA by 20 at home, which was by far their closest game this year

DCA beat CPA by 21 at CPA

Just some fruit for thought.

825409794[/snapback]

While these scores seem impressive in DCA's favor, you have to look at what's gone on through the course of the year. The game at Riverdale was their first of the season in which CPA scored 14 of their points fairly quickly if im not mistaken, which more than likely took Riverdale by surprise, and after that Riverdale dominated the rest of the game. Since about week 5, CPA's team play has deteriorated somewhat (standing up on the line of scrimmage, D-line being drove, not enough Landers, etc.) and their games have been closer. Whether or not CPA will be healthy and focused in time to make a deep playoff run is left to be seen, but right now and against DCA they surely weren't the team they were in the season's first few weeks.

Cascade obviously has a solid team having played with the glorious Tigers of Mt. Pleasant, but they will be little competition to DCA's dominant offensive line and physical play on both sides of the ball. I would be hardpressed to see DCA lose this game if they played 10 times, and i see them winning by a good 3-4 TD's. CPA's athleticism on the offensive side of the ball will probably win them their playoff opener against Huntland, as their defense has not played as well in weeks past and besides, Huntland hasn't seen the kind of talent CPA brings to the table - offensively and defensively. CPA by 10-15. DA has one of if not the biggest line's in 1A, and with the midstate's 2nd leading rusher in Ross Coffee, may give WC fits in the trenches unless they have some big boys who can stuff the holes and LB's to make the plays. DA's secondary is questionable but i don't seem them exiting so early again this year. DA by 10-14. And as far as the FRA/Mt. Pleasant game goes, FRA will have to hit Mt. Pleasant in the mouth early and keep them on the ropes (keeping it close) to have a chance at winning, which i dont see happening. MP by 8-13.

Edited by Big48Eagle

I disagree Eagel. Mount Pleasant probably has the best talent in the state 1A wise. Huntland has a good run defense, but little offense They are very physical.No, MP will not be as organized as CPA or DCA. You private school fans act like the region 6A teams might as well not show up. Its not hard to tell you have no respect for them. Thats why they play these games to prove people wrong. Ask Riverdale a few years ago if they thought Dickson County was any good. Again, good luck region 6A.

Edited by BURLEY

Well, i didn't mean to ruffle any feathers(that never takes place on coacht :P ). but it's good to see everyone backs me up, well except for region 6 people. go figure. I'm not saying region 6 is down THIS year, i'm saying they haven't given the best in region 5 a game since collinwood in 2001. Region 6 has good atmosphere and it's fun to go to games there but.........

I disagree Eagel. Mount Pleasant probably has the best talent in the state 1A wise. Huntland has a good run defense, but little offense  They are very physical.No, MP  will not be as organized as CPA or DCA. You private school fans act like the region 6A teams might as well not show up. Its not hard to tell you have no respect for them. Thats why they play these games to prove people wrong. Ask Riverdale a few years ago if they thought Dickson County was any good. Again, good luck region 6A.

825410015[/snapback]

It's playoffs; anything can happen. It's just that sometimes, every once in a while, ever so often, when people are fans of certain teams, their opinions seem to reflect that. This leads to controversy with other teams' fans who, in contrast, support their team and region. This being said, saying we think 6A should'nt show up is a misrepresentation of our support for the 5A teams. Thank you.

Edited by Big48Eagle