Fairview-Adamsville Preview

Gerry Bertier

How can somebody talk so much smack when the team that he is hyping up has never made it out of the first round of the playoffs.  History speaks for itself and for Camden that means that either Lewis County or Harpeth have destroyed you guys in the first round for like a decade now.  Fate has a way of showing it's ugly little head, so having said that guess who Camden gets to play in this year's opening round of the playoffs???  It is one of those two teams that has absolutely taken yall behind the woodshed for years now. 

Gerry Bertier, are you going to Fairview for this one???  I hope that the Yellow Jackets send a message because all of those west-TN "experts" seem to think very little of our region.  Best of luck to you guys in this one!!!

825411179[/snapback]

I'm not talking smack...if anyone is talking smack its you..just stating the facts as they appear...we are talking about this year not the last 10...Camden is NOT the same team it was 10 years ago or last year even and Lewis co and Harpeth are not the same team they were 10 years ago or last year even...no one has said anything about the 5aa region...you're the one talking smack about 6aa...I just pointed out the facts....defending our boys here in the west the same way you defend yours....but again we'll let the talking go on on the field where it belongs. And again whomever wins this one will deserve it cause they're gonna have to earn it.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can somebody talk so much smack when the team that he is hyping up has never made it out of the first round of the playoffs.  History speaks for itself and for Camden that means that either Lewis County or Harpeth have destroyed you guys in the first round for like a decade now.  Fate has a way of showing it's ugly little head, so having said that guess who Camden gets to play in this year's opening round of the playoffs???  It is one of those two teams that has absolutely taken yall behind the woodshed for years now. 

Gerry Bertier, are you going to Fairview for this one???  I hope that the Yellow Jackets send a message because all of those west-TN "experts" seem to think very little of our region.  Best of luck to you guys in this one!!!

825411179[/snapback]

Actually, Camden beat Briarcrest Christian in RD. 1 in 1998.

hey bro you really think it could be him? lol you didnt ask me but i thought i would respond, If it is who it looks like its great to hear from him.

825411287[/snapback]

what's up bro? glad to hear someone thinks it is the same person. maybe he will be in attendance Friday night at Fairview. wow, someone from region 6aa liking me, i can't believe i am saying that.

The truth is, we really don't know because we don't see each other much, if at all, during the year. We speculate and guess, but it's honestly hard for any of us to make really fair assessments about these matchups. And we're all pretty well biased towards our own regions, too.

Last year, I remember a lot of Fairview people talking about how they'd physically manhandle Chester Co., and it was quite the opposite. Two years ago, I remember a lot of Huntingdon (and west TN people in general) talking about how they'd dominate Fairview, and we all know how that one turned out. Last year, 6-2A was a 2-point conversion away from a clean sweep. Two years ago, 5-2A was almost as close.

All in all, the regions seem to be pretty evenly matched, and we should be in store for some good games in the next two or three rounds.

what's up bro? glad to hear someone thinks it is the same person. maybe he will be in attendance Friday night at Fairview. wow, someone from region 6aa liking me, i can't believe i am saying that.

825411323[/snapback]

Game recognizes game, if you know what I mean.

Edited by rcombs

The truth is, we really don't know because we don't see each other much, if at all, during the year.  We speculate and guess, but it's honestly hard for any of us to make really fair assessments about these matchups.  And we're all pretty well biased towards our own regions, too.

Last year, I remember a lot of Fairview people talking about how they'd physically manhandle Chester Co., and it was quite the opposite.  Two years ago, I remember a lot of Huntingdon (and west TN people in general) talking about how they'd dominate Fairview, and we all know how that one turned out.  Last year, 6-2A was a 2-point conversion away from a clean sweep.  Two years ago, 5-2A was almost as close.

All in all, the regions seem to be pretty evenly matched, and we should be in store for some good games in the next two or three rounds.

825411332[/snapback]

Very well stated TheBoredGuy, I totally agree this regions always have terrific match-ups in the postseason. i gotcha rcombs.

That statement tells me you know little about Camden.  They have plenty more than Josh Boyd.

825410948[/snapback]

I agree! He doesnt know anything about Camden if he thinks Boyd is the only player Camden has. This group of young men play as a team. Win as a team. Loss as a team. Coach Ward told this group of young men when he took the program over. There is no I in team. You can see that he has instilled this into this group of young men. Maybe in past years it was only Boyd that carried the ball but not anymore. He has a younger brother that has carried the football this year alot. So before you start talking about the Camden team. You need to have your facts straight. If in doubt how good the other team players are just look at the stats. They will speak for themselves.

GO LIONS!!!!!