Gerry Bertier

Adamsville Cardinals (6-4, 2-3) 4th place in Region 6

Away Record- (3-2)

Avg. Pts. Sc. on Road- 18.4 pts.

Avg. Pts. All. on Road- 26.2 pts.

Strength Rank- 32nd

Schedule Rank- 46th

Combined Opp. Record- (46-54)

Playoff Teams Played- 5 (Huntingdon, Camden, McKenzie, Perry Co., McNairy Central)

Key Players- RB-TJ Robinson 114 att. 725 yards 6.4 avg 11 TDs

10 catches 204 yards 20.4 avg 3 TD's

QB -Tyler Mitchell (36-103) 527 yards 8 TDs 5 Ints

61 att. 299 yards 4.9 avg 4 TDs

84 tackles 1 Int.                 

K -Christopher Kimmons 2-8 FGs 17-23 XP

OL-DL Blaine Browder

Fairview Yellow Jackets (8-2, 6-0) 1st Place in Region 5

Home Record- (4-1)

Avg. Pts. Sc. on Home- 35.6 pts.

Avg. Pts. All. on Home- 17 pts.

Strength Rank- 11th

Schedule Rank- 43th

Combined Opp. Record- (45-55)

Playoff Teams Played- 5 (Cheatham Co., Lewis Co., Loretto, Montgomery Central, Hillwood)

Key Players- RB- Bobby Martin-  198 att. 1581 yards 21 TD's 7.9 avg.

QB- Clint Bogle- (45-84) 809 yards 6 TD's

61 att. 440 yards 9 TD's 7.2 avg.

WR-DB- Glen Fraser-  7 catches 126 yards 1 TD 18 avg.

FB-OLB- Cole Cassidy- 28 att. 147 yards 3 TDs 5.25 avg.

7 catches 167 yards 1 TD's 23.8 avg.

DL- Blake Sullivan

Outlook of Game

Well it has arrived, the 2004 TSSAA playoffs and run to the boro. The Fairview Yellow Jackets will be hosting the Adamsville Cardinals. This is the Jackets 4th straight playoff app. and 2nd straight home playoff game. Adamsville is making a return to the playoffs after a one year hiatus. Fairview is coming off its 1st region title in 12 years and llok for them to come out firing on all cylinders. Adamsville has a couple of good athletes on their side in TJ Robinson and Tyler Mitchell. The Cardinals also have a big OL in Blaine Browder who could reck havoc. However I think the Jackets have too many weapons for the Cardinals to handle. I expect Fairview to wear down Adamsville and advance to the 2nd round.

My Prediction

Fairview Yellow Jackets- 42

Adamsville Cardinals- 14

825408495[/snapback]

Good post and good job of researching the game setup. I could use someone like you in my department.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game will be closer than many may think.....

Don't let the records fool you....Fairview is just an average football team..Playing

in an average region...

Good teams don't lose to below average teams like Montgomery Central....

Which by the way Montgomery Central was one of Waverly's few wins of the

year and Waverly is horrendous...

In a close one: Adamsville 21

Fairview 14

Don't let the records fool you....Fairview is just an average football team..Playing

in an average region...

Fairview 14

825414852[/snapback]

Why do we let the uneducated speak? Central rested many players in the Waverly game cause there playoff berth was already secured for the playoffs. Yeah Central is a below average team and that is why they made the playoffs in the toughest 3A region in the state. You guys must get a great education over there in Camden. Fairview's only losses on the season are to 3A Montgomery Central and 4A undefeated Hillwood, but since you are so football knowledgable they are only average. I would like to see Camden play some quality teams not in their regions but that won't happen but back to the Fairview game, good luck Friday night to both squads.

Fairview and Adamsville will be a pretty good game..but i think at the end fairview will come out on top! They are awesome so far..and they are doing great. The coach is great and its only his first year being head coach. But for one thing the spirit in fairview is awesome..they fans are enthousiatic its crazy! The crowd is awesome it should be a great game.

in an average region...

Fairview 14

825414852[/snapback]

You keep thinking that! Also, I can't believe some of you over there in west Tenn. say you don't get any respect...seems to me that most of the polls out there have a lot of your second and third place teams(in their regions) above some of the 1st place teams across the state...

I think that might have been the first post that flat out said adamsville will win. You know why there is only one? because it wont happen and everyone who thinks it will happen is not dumb enough to say it, because they dont want to look stupid.

Adamsville can't handle teams with winning percentages. the best record team they beat was against perry co who was 5-5, which sadly to say is the closest they come to a winning percentage team. Mcnairy(6-4),Huntingdon(8-2), McKenzie(5-5), and Camden were all losses witht the score combined not being close. (164-41).

Fairview is definately the choice against good teams.Fairview has beat Westmoreland(5-5),Lewis(6-4),Loretto(5-5), and Cheatham Co(7-3)by a score of 132-76. The losses to good teams is Montgomery Cent(5-5) and Hillwood(10-0) by a score of 66-45.

Fairview is riding a 5 game winning streak coming into this game against solid opponents while Adamsville sqweaked out of their so hard division with a win over the very hard decatur riverside 31-21. I tell you now, Adamsville must bring all they have FOR ALL FOUR QUARTERS or they will be going home very quickly.

Take the stats how u like to but obviously Fairview plays better under pressure and will continue to do so.

Fairview-45

Adamsville-16

FvHSJackets representing bringin the facts for the Fairview game. This kid must be butter because he is on a roll, folks. See what the How to Post on CoachT DVD from Gerry Bertier can get you, quality post and respect of others.

ps- coacht isn't a english class (by the way i got A's in both english classes in college, I can send you the papers), knowledge on coacht is about what you know about football and other sports not if i was 4th grade spelling champ.

Edited by Gerry Bertier

Guest catfish-hunter

in an average region...

Fairview 14

825414852[/snapback]

By reading this nonsense, I can tell that you just joined this website about a week and a half ago. Montgomery Central played their starters for about a quarter and had a quick 14-0 lead, then they rested them for the rest of the game. You called Montgomery Central a "below average" football team, LOL at you!!! Let's take a look at the region that Montgomery Central mad the playoffs in and compare it to Camden's region shall we??? First off, there is Greenbrier. Greenbrier would simply beat any 2A team in the state this season, end of story. Second there is Page. Page came out of the gates slowly but have been one of the better 3A teams in the entire state as of late. The Patriots will beat Crockett County convincingly this Friday night. Then there is Marshall County. Marshall County would beat anybody in region 6-2A, with the possible exception of Huntingdon. In region 5-3A, they are just a 5-5 team that gets a #3 seed. Montgomery Central is the #4 seed. The Indians beat Fairview, who is one of 2A's top ten teams. The #5 and #6 teams in region 5-3A are CreekWood and Sycamore, who are both 5-5 teams that both beat Cheatham. Cheatham is easily one of 2A's top 10-15 best teams in the state and they will prove this by beating McKenzie on Friday night. The cellar-dwellar in region 5-3A is Giles County. I find it funny that you want to clown on teams from region 5-3A because I'd almost be willing to bet that Giles County would beat anybody in your "powerhouse region", with the exceptions being Huntingdon, Camden, and McKenzie. Do youself a huge favor and pick another region to start downing because I promise you that region 5-3A is one of the top five regions in the entire state from top to bottom.

Is this a post about who is smarter than who, or about football? I am from Camden, and no Adamsville will not beat Fairview. Huntingdon will blowout Loretto. Cheatham County and McKenzie is a toss up. And last Camden will beat the Panthers of Lewis County. If I remember correctly, Lewis County was 10-0 last year, and Camden 6-4 should have beat them. This year Camden is a lot better and from what all the 5-aa guys have said in past posts Lewis County is a little weaker than years past. All these teams play each other very hard and this year will be no exception.