Coalfield@Unaka

kingbrian3

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unaka has a very talented football team, lacking only a couple more experienced linemen.  It was no surprise to see them struggle at Jellico early on due to the big loss to Cloudland the week before.  The Highlanders and Rangers are very capable of winning, no matter the reputation of Region Two.  Cloudland has handled Region 2, and others for several years now; and this Cloudland team, though not comparable to the team that suffered the HUGE upset last year, is very physical and playoff capable.

Unaka has more skill-position capabilty than Cloudland, but will struggle if their line doesn't play much better than they have the past few games. 

there is no way that Unaka is worthy to even be compared to Cloudland.  The thrashing happened because Cloudland has better athletes and Lineman.  Krich represents the typical Ranger.  When they lose they start making excuses.  Cloudland is the only team in Region 1 that even has a chance this Friday.  Bank on it.

*Ranger quarterback, John Zimmerman must play to his capability; if so Unaka can compete with any of the Region Two teams.

Last season the Rangers played a very aggressive Midway team.  They were down 14-7 with barely four minutes to go before half-time.  A roughing the punter call, a fumble, just before the half, and a busted assignment in the opening third quarter drive left the injury-plagued Rangers down by four touchdowns; and with five starters unable to play, and several others hobbled, Unaka was simply un-competitive.

These top two Region One teams should not be taken lightly.  To do so will result in losses by the three and four Region Two teams. 

Kim Richardson

825410238[/snapback]

All I meant Watson was that based on what I have heard and know...Region 2 has the better teams this season. And trust me, I am not the only one predicting a Region 2 sweep in the first round.

I do appreciate you letting me know they do play the game on the field...I had no idea.

825409608[/snapback]

Then why are saying we should not predict? You are talking outside both your cheekbones.

OK, let me slow this down just a little for you. When I say I can't predict a region 1 team...that actually means I am picking region 2 teams. So, I was not saying we should not make predictions.

Sorry if that caused confusion. B)

Here is your quote, Tank.  That what coacht is about: predictions.  You've made yours and now I'll make mine.  Cloudland 24 Oneida 21

825410440[/snapback]

I doubt if Coach Moser is taking Coalfield or any other Region 2A opponent lightly. In fact, he pointed out to me that in rematches last year, that the Region 2A team that won in the regular season turned around and lost in the playoffs.

I will say that I know he didn't want to play CAK, but that has as much to do with old coaching ties as anything. Heck, Coalfield, Oneida and Greenback probably wouldn't want to play CAK in week two either. If Region 2A sweeps, then all four teams left are pretty equal. It doesn't make much difference who Midway plays. I just think Coach Moser gets a little uptight when he plays CAK.

CAPP, I probably would want to play Coalfield again rather than CAK. After all, the Greenwaves handled the Jackets with ease in their first matchup. Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers, but it was just something I was told by a couple of folks over the weekend. No big deal, and trust me, I don't talk about rumors unless I know the truth. The only thing I have been upset about with Midway is the way they went after Cameron Headrick's knees, thus ending his high school career one game too soon. I have said and will say again, Midway is the top team in Region 2A and have earned home games the first 3 rounds. I respect what Coach Moser has done with the program down there, at the same time I have to question what was gained with Headrick getting injured. I appreciate the invitation, but I really don't have time to run to Midway's practice on a Monday. If you would like to talk to me, call me at the office (423) 346-6225. I would be more than glad to talk to you.

Kingsh, Have you watched the film ? I have and I have Slow motion and also screen by screen, and if you want to come to my house and watch it you may. Then Together we can set it striaght as to what happen to Headrich. It is definitely a misfortune whenever any kid gets hurt. But Headrich was tackled and not at the knees, it is simple as that. He was already wearing a knee brace so there must have already been some damage done from a prior injury.

For you to keep on and on saying that Midway purposely hurt this kid is rediculous. I Film for Midway and I was filming that game and talking with several of the Oakdale's players parents. I was talking with them all night ,I have known several of them for many years and nothing like that was mentioned or even brought up.

Oakdale has a gutsy group of players that if these sophmores stay out, and Kyle Ruppe comes back out, they are going to win their share of ballgames over the next couple of years.

King, I dont want to hear anymore about that brought up again, and I may just give you a call.