Region 4-3A Predictions

glover

Listen guys, here are the plain facts. Livingston has had pretty decent talent come through their halls for probably the last 8-9 years.  But do you know why LA has not won as many playoff games or even a state title in any of these years?  No matter how many of you don't want to admit it, the region that LA played in 5 years ago and even earlier than that was 10 times harder to win in than this region now.  Look Whitehouse = AWESOME, Portland was 100 times better then than now, Greebriar = Very tough.  Look there is just not as much talent and good football in this region now as with whitehouse, portland, LA, greenbriar region of years ago. The other reason LA could not compete then is basically SPEED which they did not have and Whitehouse and Portland had an abundance.  Check the History of the State 3A title between 1997-2000 You will see what I mean. Sure Smtih and Trousdale can mop up in 2A or whatever but back about 4 or 5 years ago, you guys would have got smashed by whitehouse, portland, LA and probably greenbriar.  Facts are Facts!

825413184[/snapback]

Nah...we were just in the region with David Lipscomb, Goodpasture, and a very good then Westmoreland team. We won that region one of the 2 years we were in it. We scrimmaged White House during that period...and more than held our own. The past really doesn't matter now. Our program took a very big turn for the better when Coach Maynord came to SC. We've been pretty good ever since. As long as he stays here...I would expect we will continue that trend.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will put the 1999 whitehouse team and 1999 portland team up against David Lipscomb and goodpasture anyday and if you ask a portland fan he will probably tell you that Portland and whitehouse in 1999 would kill DL and goodpasture. So what if you scrimaged whitehouse, we scrimaged westmoreland too and killed them every time. You said they were supposed to be good. The point is Portland and LA have declined a little from then. Where were you 5 years ago? Not playing against 2 state championship calibur teams every year in your region. David Lipscomb and goodpasture were good, but they were not even close to whitehouse and portland. Sorry!

Actually we did play championship contenders during that time. You may think you know about the quality of those 3A teams then, but you apparently know nothing about the 2A division of the same period. Heck, we won the region one year and Goodpasture won the state. I think I am correct on that. DL and WH games have always been very close. Don't think this year would have been much different. Although WH is up this year.

I will put the 1999 whitehouse team and 1999 portland team up against David Lipscomb and goodpasture anyday and if you ask a portland fan he will probably tell you that Portland and whitehouse in 1999 would kill DL and goodpasture.  So what if you scrimaged whitehouse, we scrimaged westmoreland too and killed them every time.  You said they were supposed to be good. The point is Portland and LA have declined a little from then.  Where were you 5 years ago? Not playing against 2 state championship calibur teams every year in your region.  David Lipscomb and goodpasture were good, but they were not even close to whitehouse and portland.  Sorry!

825413278[/snapback]

You're wrong about that. In '99...we won the region...Goodpasture won the state title. They were the 4th seed in our region. They had Shaka Hill (U of Memphis) and Marcus Buggs (Vanderbilt). I don't think White House or Portland were ANY better. Who played for them? I don't put much stock in scrimmages as you LA people do.

It's really a moot point. Right now...you probably have the best team you've had in 30 years...and you still didn't win the region. We don't have our best team...even in the Maynord era...and we did.

If you think that this team is the best LA team in 30 years then you are a INNAPPROPRIATE! If you ask anyone from LA, who is not on the team now, who was the best LA team of all time? You will get many different answers such as 1997, 1996, 1992, 1999 and so on and so forth. Nobody in thier right mind would put this team number one! Are they a very solid football team? YES! are they the best? NO WAY! You are dreaming my friend and by the way I have watched the Hill kid play back then and he didn't impress me much. The tailback for portland back then was way better and he should be at a top 10 football team right now! You are NUTS man!

Edited by QueenBee

If you think that this team is the best LA team in 30 years then you are a INAPPROPRIATE If you ask anyone from LA, who is not on the team now, who was the best LA team of all time? You will get many different answers such as 1997, 1996, 1992, 1999 and so on and so forth.  Nobody in thier right mind would put this team number one!  Are they a very solid football team? YES! are they the best? NO WAY!  You are dreaming my friend and by the way I have watched the Hill kid play back then and he didn't impress me much.  The tailback for portland back then was way better and he should be at a top 10 football team right now! You are NUTS man!

825413317[/snapback]

Where is he? :D That's funny...I don't even remember LA beating anybody during those years. Did you make the playoffs? Part of that time you were in our football district. If so...who did you play? How far did you get during any of those years. Forgive my ignorance on such a storied program.

Who did you see Shaka Hill play against in high school?

Actually...I can't remember LA doing anything in the last 30 years.

By your statements...you are saying LA has no chance to contend for the state title. Who's the INNAPROPRIATE now? :D

Edited by QueenBee

Twan, Muffin, Queenbee, I must say you represent three very good teams and I would like to include us in that group but I dont think I can. With all do respect to Smith, TC, and LA I must say Portland has taken some major steps backwards as a program. I understand they may not have the same talent as a few years ago but I feel as if we have lost something. I must also say that we do play in a very tough region and you have to be ready night in and night out. I just feel like we are like a lot of other programs know that make it to the first or second round of the playoffs.

So that's why LA can't keep a good coach their to busy teaching instead of coaching. The school board needs to figure out which direction they want their sports programs to go, middle of the road or among the elite in their class. Don't want to hear the old adage [ It's just a game ] because if that's the case why play if it's for ------ and giggles. Especially in football those players can be seriously injured why not give them some of the best materials to work with. Yes I'll give credit were it's due and yes LA does do pretty good with what they have to work with. Good luck LA against Howard

825413520[/snapback]

now u sayin we cant keep a good coach all of our coaches r the best coachin staff in 3a hey yea they do teach classes durin the day im in one of thems but it dont affect there football coaching