How Good is Alcoa

BlackKnights

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well im from wartburg and we played them last friday...we are in their region but i just dont under stand how the beat sweetwater unless sweetwater just laid there and took a beating ...which i dont think they would do....when we played them they were nuthin special...they run the same things over and over counter trey left and counter trey right power right and power left you kow where the ball is going by watching number 1 go in motion and where he stops..our first defensive series stoppped every thing they ran but after that our offensive turn overs killed us how they are number one in the state i dont know but hey you cant change the rankings now they already have the region title...but the the only thing i didnt like about alcoa was the cheap shots every time they got a chance....if you have to cheat to when then you gotta do what you gotta do

Dmoyer--Yes the best at any level a couple of years ago--in fact they beat maryville that year when maryville won the 4A title. So yes they were the best at all levels that year. This year I have no idea, so that is the source of my original question.

825416662[/snapback]

I so wanted to see those two teams clash again at the end of that season. May have been the same outcome, but it would have been a much better game I think. As a fan of football, I'd have killed to see that.

well im from wartburg and we played them last friday...we are in their region but i just dont under stand how the beat sweetwater unless sweetwater just laid there and took a beating ...which i dont think they would do....when we played them they were nuthin special...they run the same things over and over counter trey left and counter trey right power right and power left you kow where the ball is going by watching number 1 go in motion and where he stops..our first defensive series stoppped every thing they ran but after that our offensive turn overs killed us how they are number one in the state i dont know but hey you cant change the rankings now they already have the region title...but the the only thing i didnt like about alcoa was the cheap shots every time  they got a chance....if you have to cheat to when then you gotta do what you gotta do

825416746[/snapback]

You maybe didn't see the same game I saw friday. Alcoa was dominant in every aspect of the game. The only time Wartburg moved the ball was with the help of Alcoa penalities. The Sweetwater game was a little better game that the score showed. D Latham left the game with an injury. We may see them again in the playoffs but I suspect the outcome would still be the same.

well im from wartburg and we played them last friday...we are in their region but i just dont under stand how the beat sweetwater unless sweetwater just laid there and took a beating ...which i dont think they would do....when we played them they were nuthin special...they run the same things over and over counter trey left and counter trey right power right and power left you kow where the ball is going by watching number 1 go in motion and where he stops..our first defensive series stoppped every thing they ran but after that our offensive turn overs killed us how they are number one in the state i dont know but hey you cant change the rankings now they already have the region title...but the the only thing i didnt like about alcoa was the cheap shots every time  they got a chance....if you have to cheat to when then you gotta do what you gotta do

825416746[/snapback]

Are you serious....56-0, Lindsey had 7 car. for 134 yds, Fiegler was 10-12 passing for 220 yds, almost ALL of or offensive starters were out after the first series in the 3rd quarter. Alcoa was sluggish because we already won region so the players didn't really have to get motivated for this game. We are a whole lot better than Sweetwater, the score was fairly close, (44-12), just because we played during the effects of Hurrcane Ivan. I agree with AViper, Alcoa dominated you in every aspect of the game, except for two busted plays in the beginning.

BTW, maybe our players wouldn't have to take cheap shots on your players if they weren't saying racial comments. But hey whatever it takes to be a sore loser, then so be it, I guess...

Alcoa gave Maryville their toughest game. Alcoa is very good. They have a great shot of winning the state title this year. There will be no doubt next season. The only school that will have a chance of beating Alcoa next year is Maryville. If Alcoa can beat Maryville next year they will go 15-0.Next year will be Alcoa's best chance of beating Maryville since 2000.

This years Alcoa team is more physical than the 2000 team. The 2000 team had more speed than any team I ever seen. James Rainer was 4.3 Jamel Sankey,Jerome Robinson,Jonathon Meschendorf,Shannon Williams and Daniel Pierce ran under a 4.5 The 2000 team would big play you to death. This years team can big play you but they can drive it down your throat also.

The 1993 Cleveland team was the only other team I saw with the similar speed.

Anyone who hasn't seen Alcoa play this year here are the facts.

Alcoa has a quarterback(Joey Figler) who is good at play action faking.He has improved a lot as a passer. He is a 3 year starter. He will play in college somewhere.

Alcoa has a running back that can play anywhere he wants to in College. Dustin Lindsey is a man playing with boys. I heard UT wants him badly.

Alcoa has a tight end/defensive end that can play anywhere he wants in college. Brandon Warren is 6'3 230lbs and can run.

Alcoa has a solid offensive line.

Alcoa has 2 burners at wide receiver. Kyrus Lankster and Brian Summers are stars of the future.

Alcoa has another defensive end who wrecks havoc on offenses. Ray Sykes is another kid who will be a D1 recruit. Ray is a sophomore who is 6'4 225lbs. Alcoa is solid at defensive tackle.

Alcoa is good at linebacker.The secondary is getting better.