Tullahoma Preseason Tourney

weeman580

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can tell you the teams that will be attending this season.

Blackman

Brentwood

Cookeville

Cumberland Co.

Tullahoma

Franklin

FRA

Overton

Lebanon

Lincoln Co.

Shelbyville

Cleveland

Red Bank

Riverdale

Smyrna

Wilson Central

Warren Co.

Oakland

Centennial

Bradley Central (Maybe Not Sure Yet)

Hopefully it will be a great pre-season tournament, if there is any other teams that want to get in please let me know. We still have room for more teams if they want to come.

Coach Miller

Tullahoma High School

The tournament will be set in 32 man brackets and it will be ran straight through with no breaks. We will wrestle the round of 32, 16, and 8. Then we will wrestle one or two rounds of conso's depending on time. The brackets will not be wrestled all the way out because of the 5 match rule and time. All wrestlers will get 3 matches and the more you win the more you will wrestle. We are starting at 9:00 and will wrestle until 5:00 or 6:00. We still have spots if teams out there want to get in on this tournament. Please contact me asap!

milldo,

Would it be possible to set up the 32 man brackets so that good kids are on one side and inexperienced kids on the other. Since we are not going for medals, this way all kids get goos wrestling experience. No one gains from a stud beating a rookie in 20 seconds in a preseason tournament. What do you guys think?

Milldo:

I concur with Cchulk. I think most participants are looking for some competitive preseason wrestling time, not victories.

Some guys will have had virtually no experience and practice this season while others have been wrestling most of the summer.

Wait a minute! I think I hear the studs playing the tune: Lose to the best, learn from the best. playing in the background.

Let the slaughter begin.