Holy Cow---Union Co @ AE

TheAnswer9

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Well, what can I say? I knew from the get go that this game would be close. It was you CoachT posters who thought AE would blow this team out. It's the playoffs and every team that's in it, will come ready to play hard every game. But to answer your question, yes that was the final score.

Both defenses came ready to play. UC stopped AE inside the 10, two times. AE stopped UC inside the 10 two times with one coming in the final minute of the 4th quater. There's an old saying that goes, "Offense sales tickets, Defense wins championships!" AE defense made that statement seem so true tonight. The defense stepped up when it needed to.

It was an ugly win but Hey, we're 11-0 and moving one step closer to the ship!!!

Turning point of the game: The block in the 4th quater by #40 of AE got the whole stadium Krump!!! The crowd erupted in cheers, the band started playing hype music and the team started playing like the 10-0, now 11-0 team everybody was use to seeing. Like I said earlier, a win is a win!

Edited by AERoadrunners

Well, Well, what can I say?  I knew from the get go that this game would be close.  It was you posters you thought AE would blow this team out.  It's the playoffs and every team that's in it, will come read to play every week. But to answer your question, yes that was the final score. 

Both defenses came ready to play.  UC stopped AE inside the 10, two times.  AE stopped UC inside the 10 two times with one coming in the final minute in the 4th.  There's an old saying that goes around, "Offense sales tickets, Defense wins championships!"  AE defense made that statement seem so true tonight.  The defense stepped up when it needed to. 

It was an ugly win but Hey, we're 11-0 and moving one step closer to the ship!!!

Turning point of the game: The block in the 4th quater by #40 of AE got the whole stadium Krump!!!  The crowd erupted in cheers, the band started playing  hype songs and the team started playing like 10-0, now 11-0 team.  Like I said earlier, a win is a win!

825419096[/snapback]

thanks for the report. Good post.

Good luck next week.

Hey Roadrunner. Believe it or not, I'm agreeing with your post. AE won. It doesn't matter what the score was. It doesn't matter if it was 80 or 8 to 0 - a win is a win. Does that sound familiar Roadrunner? Correct me if I'm wrong - which I KNOW I'm not. But how many times have you said to us about how we just BARELY beat AE in the playoffs last year. . . . . . . .shoe's on the other foot now, huh?!

But, seriously, congrats.

And, of course . . . . . . . .GO FALCONS!

That is why you play the game because anything can happen. The Patriots got stopped by the Roadrunners on fourth down late in the game with a chance to tie the game up and possibly go into overtime. When a team can play good defense you are never out the game.

Congrats to the Roadrunners, and the Patriots. Coach McBrayer has done a remarkable job with a very young and inexperienced team that will only get better in the years to come.

a-e roadrunners u didnt say that it was gonna be close in another post on here u said that a-e was gonna blow us away and eveybody thinks uc is so bad well they stuck w/ the #1 3a team in tn and the handed it to them in the 1st 3 quarters and albert harris did play and he wasnt playing like an all state running back.nobody knows about uc they dont know what they go through.u wait until next year when they play again and this time uc is gonna blow out the roadrunners!!!!!!!!!!

GO PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!