Huntingdon vs. Cheatham Co.

m.b.r.b.

folks, this is what i think if huntingdon has a good passing game they can beat cheatham co , i think playing at home gives the stangs a edge maybe plus another factor the stangs have been there before (tradition) i have seen cheatham co play they are big on the line of scrimmage both side and i dont remember the #s but they have some tough linebackers if cheatham co moves the ball with their running attack,, that could be their best defense ,not give up any big plays the stangs could be in trouble.this maybe a close game

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter
Where is Josh going to school?

825423853[/snapback]

I apologize for missing your question earlier mustang, but Josh will likely play in the Ivy League. I know that Harvard, Yale, Princeton, and Columbia are on his list. In the OVC, TN Tech and UT-Martin are interested in him. Austin Peay is interested in him playing quarterback. Other than that, I really have no clue but I can tell you that I personally feel that he'll wind up playing in the Ivy League because he is a legit 4.0 student who wants to major in pre-med. His future is very bright both on the field and off of the field as well and he will be missed at Sycamore.

Huntingdon simply needs to do what they do best-------RUN THE BALL!!!!!!! Pass from time to time and get up on Cheatham Co. early and the Mustangs will have their way in this one. Just DON'T let the Cubs get up on you in the middle of the game and let them see the "light and the end of the tunnel" so to speak! True, McKenzie made Cheatham Co. look good last Friday night but, they are a good enough team to give them the utmost respect unless/untill you have the game under control.

From a McKenzie fan----------It's a 6AA thang!!!!!!!!!!

I apologize for missing your question earlier mustang, but Josh will likely play in the Ivy League.  I know that Harvard, Yale, Princeton, and Columbia are on his list.  In the OVC, TN Tech and UT-Martin are interested in him.  Austin Peay is interested in him playing quarterback.  Other than that, I really have no clue but I can tell you that I personally feel that he'll wind up playing in the Ivy League because he is a legit 4.0 student who wants to major in pre-med.  His future is very bright both on the field and off of the field as well and he will be missed at Sycamore.

825423989[/snapback]

Tell his dad I said Hi.

I dont think they consolidated any schools. They have three public schools in Cheatham Co. (Harpeth, Cheatham Co. and Sycamore.) If anything they have lost kids in the last ten years due to Sycamore being built. But i am not sure

825424194[/snapback]

Can anyone tell us the Cubs alltime win/loss record? Wasn't there an Ashland City High School at one time?

Edited by Blue Eyes

Is the Interstate the quickest way to Huntingdon or could I get there faster by taking US-79 through Dover & Paris.  I hear that I would have to turn off in Paris and that if I have reached the city of Dresden, then I have gone about 20 minutes too far.

825423065[/snapback]

I'll help you catfish-cbarkley. Depending on where you live in the middle tn region, get on 70 around Dickson and stay on 70 until you get to Huntingdon. If you took 79 from Clarksville to Paris, you'd have to take 77 from Paris to H'don. Hwy. 77 from Paris to Huntingdon is a bad road for someone not used to the area. It has some nasty curves in it like my mother-in-law.

Hey Cub fans...  What were the high schools that consolidated to make Cheatham County High?  What were their nicknames and what year did they consolidate?  No disrespect here but we just don't know much about Cheatham County.

825424187[/snapback]

Can't anyone help me here? I don't think there has always been a Cheatham Co. HS. I may be wrong though. It may be before Gerry Bettier's time. It's just like Dickson County or Henry County. They were Dickson High School and Paris High School. Also Hardin County High was formerly Savannah High. Does anyone from that area know the answer? Harpeth and Sycamore aren't that old! :)

Guest catfish-hunter
Can't anyone help me here? I don't think there has always been a Cheatham Co. HS.  I may be wrong though.  It may be before Gerry Bettier's time.  It's just like Dickson County or Henry County.  They were Dickson High School and Paris High School.  Also Hardin County High was formerly Savannah High.  Does anyone from that area know the answer?  Harpeth and Sycamore aren't that old!  B)

825424698[/snapback]

Okay Blue Eyes, I'll tell you that there was an Ashland City high school. Ashland City high school is the same high school as Cheatham Central high school, it just changed names. Cheatham Central is located in Ashland City. Harpeth High opened not long ago, I can't remember exactly when though. Harpeth is located in Kingston Springs. Sycamore High opened in 1998. Sycamore is located in Pleasant View. Ashland City, Pleasant View, and Kingston Springs are all in Cheatham County. Gerry Bertier was right when he said that Sycamore's being built has really hurt Cheatham. It has done this because now both of the schools have to split up the athletes, meaning that Cheatham gets the kids from west Cheatham County and sycamore gets the kids from east Cheatham County. Harpeth gets the kids from the Kingston Springs and Pegram areas. I hope that this helps you understand things a little better.

Okay Blue Eyes, I'll tell you that there was an Ashland City high school.  Ashland City high school is the same high school as Cheatham Central high school, it just changed names.  Cheatham Central is located in Ashland City.  Harpeth High opened not long ago, I can't remember exactly when though.  Harpeth is located in Kingston Springs.  Sycamore High opened in 1998.  Sycamore is located in Pleasant View.  Ashland City, Pleasant View, and Kingston Springs are all in Cheatham County.  Gerry Bertier was right when he said that Sycamore's being built has really hurt Cheatham.  It has done this because now both of the schools have to split up the athletes, meaning that Cheatham gets the kids from west Cheatham County and sycamore gets the kids from east Cheatham County.  Harpeth gets the kids from the Kingston Springs and Pegram areas.  I hope that this helps you understand things a little better.

825425248[/snapback]

That's exactly what I was looking for. Now can you tell me their alltime record if you can. Thanks for the info.