Huntingdon vs. Cheatham Co.

m.b.r.b.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im just curious, what's your name ktrainfan...you dont have to tell if you dont want to.

825421013[/snapback]

Come on now, you gotta know who the K-Train fan is. Everyone else in H-TOWN knows. Even the ones that wrongly accuse me of being catspaw, fatback, or who knows what? Evidently there could only be one person that could be a fan of the K-Train, at least according to certain posters that tend to get on coach-t. Like $guy$ that once qouted "Kegan isn't even one of the top ten players on the team." Haven't heard much from him of late. But maybe he just hides under a different alias-- like mustang4life or something like that :angry:.

Anyways, now that I have had my fun, and because the K-Train has mentioned you as one of the best, not to mention craziest players he has ever played with-I will tell you. I am K-Train sr. :(

Are you attending school anywhere and if so are you still playing with the pigskin?

Huntingdon will lose its chance as repeating this week!

825421665[/snapback]

Get the facts straight Milan05. If Huntingdon lost last week they wouldn't have a chance this week to defend their title. If they lose against Cheatham Co. then they won't have a chance next week to defend it! ;) Good luck to the Bulldogs this week!

Edited by Blue Eyes

Guest catfish-hunter

I can't wait to get down to Paul Ward Stadium this Friday night!!! I went to Huntingdon last year to watch their semifinals matchup with Milan and I'll say that it was probably the greatest enviroment that I've ever seen a high school football game played, and that includes the state championship in which I also saw Huntingdon destroy David Lipscomb. Coach Mansfield always puts incredible football teams out there on the field and I don't much expect that this Huntingdon team is any different. Now to this week's matchup!!!

Huntingdon seemed to catch a little bit of that attitude they played with last year by judging the score of their game with Loretto. Cheatham County and McKenzie played a close football game in the first three quarters, then with the score 23-21 Cubs in the beginning of the 4th McKenzie made a crucial mistake. They blocked a punt of fourth-and-long, but after a McKenzie player attempted to pick up the ball a Cheatham player scooped up the live fumble and raced 60+ yards down the field to give the Cubs a first down inside the McKenzie red zone. That is when McKenzie began to fold and Cheatham took full advantage by scoring 27-unanswered points in the final quarter of play. Cheatham rolled to a 50-28 win. There are many folks out there who are going to say that Harpeth never played Huntingdon close when they were fielding powerhouses, so what makes the Cubs any different. I will go ahead and tell you all exactly what makes Cheatham so different from the Harpeth teams from the late-90's. Harpeth had a power running game led by Vanderbilt standout Matthew Tant. However, the Indians did not have a very refined passing attack so when they met a team that was equally as physical as themselves they simply folded. Cheatham has a power running game led by Landon Jones, who has rushed for nearly 1300yds this year despite missing one game to injury. Unlike Harpeth's teams, the Cubs also have a potent passing attack. Chris Langley is an excellent senior quarterback who makes good decisions with the football, his 18TD's to 1INT ratio proves that statement. Langley has some pretty darn good recievers to throw the football to and they are Donnie Thomas, Brandon Piper, and Austin Stokes. Anyone who expects for this football game to be like the old Harpeth-Huntingdon playoff battles is sadly mistaken. The Huntingdon Mustangs have what's probably the best rushing attack in the entire state. Fullback Chris Donald is a powerful runner who will play just about anywhere that he chooses on the next level. I personally feel that their biggest playmaker is Phillip "Boo" Weathers. Boo is the true definition of a "scat-back", meaning that if he ever hits the corner and gets his shoulders pointed north/south then the play is going to result in a touchdown for the Mustangs END OF STORY. Many people that I've talked to like to refer to Donald as being the "thunder" to Huntingdon's offense, while Weathers is considered to be the "lightning" for the Mustangs. I also know that Kegan Ball has been a nice player in the Huntingdon backfield this season, so Cheatham must also be aware of him as well. Defensively for the Huntingdon Mustangs is linebackers Hunter Hastings, Desmaond Townes, and Chris Donald. All three are pretty big kids who will flat out stick ya. Cheatham's got to find a way to block them so Landon & Company can get it rolling in the running game. This will be a four quarter football game and it will likely be another high scoring afair, at least that is my opinion. In the end, I am going to support the boys over in Ashland City so LET'S GO CUBS!!!

Cheatham-35

Huntingdon-28

Catfish-Hunter... I'd say you sized up the game Friday rather well. This being early in the week too. How do you know so much about the Mustangs and what is your team.. One thing I think you may have left out. Crocker can pass too and he also has some capable receivers. We just haven't had to throw. This not being like the past Huntingdon teams the last few years. I expect to see a hard hitting game. Cheathem County won't catch the Mustangs looking past anyone from here on out. I was kinda worried before the Loretto game though. Good luck to both teams and as always I hope that it will be injury free.

Come on now, you gotta know who the K-Train fan is. Everyone else in H-TOWN knows. Even the ones that wrongly accuse me of being catspaw, fatback, or who knows what? Evidently there could only be one person that could be a fan of the K-Train, at least according to certain posters that tend to get on coach-t. Like $guy$ that once qouted "Kegan isn't even one of the top ten players on the team." Haven't heard much from him of late. But maybe he just hides under a different alias-- like mustang4life or something like that :ph34r:.

Anyways, now that I have had my fun, and because the K-Train has mentioned you as one of the best, not to mention craziest players he has ever played with-I will tell you. I am K-Train sr. :)

Are you attending school anywhere and if so are you still playing with the pigskin?

825421544[/snapback]

not attending school anywhere at the moment. i do plan to attaned a community college in the memphis area called southwest community college. i want to get my associates degree in computer engineering or computer tech. i want to be a computer technician of some sort. i want to find work in hospitals or schools.

ive only made it to 2 games this season. i live with my dad now. ill be at this friday's game for sure. no doubt. kegan needs to keep doing what hes doing. keep raising chaos out there on the field. kegan's a good young man. the first time i seen him play. i knew he'd be a force within the mustang's depth. anyways. i have to go to bed. work calls me at 6 am. see ya friday night at paul ward stadium.

Edited by westTN2004

Guest catfish-hunter
Catfish-Hunter...  I'd say you sized up the game Friday rather well.  This being early in the week too.  How do you know so much about the Mustangs and what is your team..  One thing I think you may have left out.  Crocker can pass too and he also has some capable receivers.  We just haven't had to throw.  This not being like the past Huntingdon teams the last few years.  I expect to see a hard hitting game.  Cheathem County won't catch the Mustangs looking past anyone from here on out.  I was kinda worried before the Loretto game though. Good luck to both teams and as always I hope that it will be injury free.

825422243[/snapback]

To answer your question Blue Eyes, I am a Sycamore man!!! I'm sorry if it seems to you that I have disrespected any of Huntingdon's quarterbacks because I hear that they are a much improved passing team this season. However, if Huntingdon starts throwing the football all over the yard then Cubs fans please rejoice because that means that probably means that the Mustangs are completely out of rhythym offensively. Don't let Donald gash you up the gut and do your best to keep Weathers from popping a big one into your defensive secondary, that folks is the key to stopping the Huntingdon offensive attack. Trust me when I say that it is much easier said than done, just ask David Lipscomb what a Huntingdon "scat-back" can do to your defense.