Camden vs. Fairview

hschs

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll also say that my 'ole buddy Jsmack has coached against much better backs than Mr. Boyd, so don't be suprised if he is shut down this week.

825422214[/snapback]

Good luck. Boyd isn't the total reason he is the real deal. Give some credit to Camden's offensive line. They may not be huge, but the are strong. Very strong. Ask Lewis Co. how strong they are. Lewis came to play but Camden's line really just whipped them all night long. The Lions started subbing early third quarter. Besides that, Markham is a very athletic quarterback who can run as well as throw. And he can roll out even better. With the stable of backs Camden has, he often doesn't HAVE TO throw. But he can!

Besides that, Lewis Co.'s offenve rolled up around 130 total yards, and their QB was sacked 3 times and running for his life the rest of the time. The defense is for real, too, folks.

As for the Waverly game, no matter what the teams final records are, or who wins, Waverly and Camden usually fight it out every year. This is a huge rivalry for both teams, and the less proficient team usually finds a way to step it up. Plus, it was the first game of the season. Get real, the total offense probably wasn't comfortably installed. Sure the bread and butter was there, but without time studying film and time practicing against a defense, its really hard to prepare for a team. Had they played later in the year, I'll be willing to bet the score would have been real bad. But that doesn't really matter. What matters is not only the playmakers, but also the coaching. With 11 weeks of film to study, a group of confident and focused players are going to step on the field, unafraid of any team, and a will be a team that cannot and will not be intimidated. Camden can beat any 2A team in the state when they are on their game, and when they are not, they can still win. Dresden is a good team. Don't let thier record fool you. They played some darn good teams and still came out 5-5. Camden didn't play like they are capable, went in at the half down. When they came back, they were still a little shocked, but they stepped up. They still didn't play like they are capable, but the cream always rises to the top. They won handily, 30-20.

This, of course, is not any type of disrespect to Fairview. They are a good team, obviously, because they won their region, and its not a patsy region. I hope to go to Fairview and see a good game. I also hope to see the Camden Lions walk away with a victory, and a berth into the quarterfinals.

My prediction-Camden 28 Fairview 14.

Edited by rcombs

Well after seeing the Yellow Jackets roll in the 1st round and seeing Camden shut out Lewis Co., the only thing I can say this is going to be a great game. Fairview has been rolling since losing to Mont. Central and so has Camden. One of these teams is going home this Friday night, and I have a good idea who it is. But I am not going to make any predictions on this game. But I will have some stats later to compare the two teams.

MSFRY SAID: What did Fairview do to Lewis County? Sounded pretty close to me?

Well if 21 to 7 is close then... The Yellow Jackets won pretty well against Lewis county I'd say.

Let me ask you a question...how many 4A teams has Camden played against this year? 

The Jackets have played well against the 4th ranked 4A Hilltoppers scoring 21 points, yes the Hilltoppers won, but it was only by a couple of TD's

The Jackets also played Hickman County, another 4A school and beat them 23-0.

Waverly Central...We've both played them...

Camden won: 28-6

Fairview won: 51-8

(the freshman team was in  the whole 2nd half)

So who do you see that scored more points there?

What about Adamsville:  Camden won 47-13 

Fairview won too : 41-0 a total shutout!

(again allowing the freshman team in the game)

If you look at the schedules for both teams this year it seems that the Yellow Jackets have played better teams on the avg. and played all of them for more points too! 

Generally it seems that Fairview has had a better schedule this year than Camden so...maybe you guys in the 6th should be more thoughful in your critzism of the Yellow Jackets, but if not that's ok too....

perhaps the Jackets will just sneek up and sting you guys good.

WHEN THE YELLOW JACKETS SWARM THEY ALWAYS STING IN UNISON ! !

THEY ARE A TEAM NOT JUST INDIVIDUALS.

825422117[/snapback]

Well I have a point to make! Fairview lost to Montogomery Central 24-27, Montgomery Central lost to Waverly, which Fairview beat. The point is on any given Friday night, a team can play bad or they can play exceptionally well. Playing mediocre won't cut it for either team in this game. We will see who brings it to the table this Friday. Good Luck to both teams, but go LIONS.

Well I have a point to make!  Fairview lost to Montogomery Central 24-27, Montgomery Central lost to Waverly, which Fairview beat.  The point is on any given Friday night, a team can play bad or they can play exceptionally well.  Playing mediocre won't cut it for either team in this game.  We will see who brings it to the table this Friday.  Good Luck to both teams, but go LIONS.

825422398[/snapback]

Nice post! Very true! But i think, "a team can play bad", is giving us a little more credit than we deserve when refering to the M.C. game! this season is flying by!

If Bobby Martin and Clint Bogle have the type of game they had against Adamsville then it is going to be a long night for Camdens defense.  Also look for Fairviews defense to come up big, we played as a unit last Friday night. Michael Degaliford stepped it up big on defense last Friday night look for him to have a big impact against Camden also.  It is going to be a very physical game, i figure it will come down to turnovers, whoever makes the most big plays will win!

825421935[/snapback]

I have trouble believing they will have that kind of rushing game against the Lions...Hatton who was touted as being a "premier" back was shut down and the team only had 89 yrds total rushing yards....everyone ran on Adamsville this year...and Camden is definitely not Adamsville. Camden's defense has stepped up a notch and are looking for another big game against Fairview.

Fairview will win 35-14

This will be a good game to watch. Gerry if you are comming you better bring your noise makers it promises to be a very loud crowd and we'd love to have you join in the fun.

I've planned a new logo for the back of the pressbox but I'm waiting for the end of the playoff's for the final results. I'd like it to say State Champions. We'll just have to see...If the Yellow Jackets want it bad enough, they can do it! thumb

Good luck. Boyd isn't the total reason he is the real deal. Give some credit to Camden's offensive line. They may not be huge, but the are strong. Very strong. Ask Lewis Co. how strong they are. Lewis came to play but Camden's line really just whipped them all night long. The Lions started subbing early third quarter. Besides that, Markham is a very athletic quarterback who can run as well as throw. And he can roll out even better. With the stable of backs Camden has, he often doesn't HAVE TO throw. But he can!

Besides that, Lewis Co.'s offenve rolled up around 130 total yards, and their QB was sacked 3 times and running for his life the rest of the time. The defense is for real, too, folks.

As for the Waverly game, no matter what the teams final records are, or who wins, Waverly and Camden usually fight it out every year. This is a huge rivalry for both teams, and the less proficient team usually finds a way to step it up. Plus, it was the first game of the season. Get real, the total offense probably wasn't comfortably installed. Sure the bread and butter was there, but without time studying film and time practicing against a defense, its really hard to prepare for a team. Had they played later in the year, I'll be willing to bet the score would have been real bad. But that doesn't really matter. What matters is not only the playmakers, but also the coaching. With 11 weeks of film to study, a group of confident and focused players are going to step on the field, unafraid of any team, and a will be a team that cannot and will not be intimidated. Camden can beat any 2A team in the state when they are on their game, and when they are not, they can still win. Dresden is a good team. Don't let thier record fool you. They played some darn good teams and still came out 5-5. Camden didn't play like they are capable, went in at the half down. When they came back, they were still a little shocked, but they stepped up. They still didn't play like they are capable, but the cream always rises to the top. They won handily, 30-20.

This, of course, is not any type of disrespect to Fairview. They are a good team, obviously, because they won their region, and its not a patsy region. I hope to go to Fairview and see a good game. I also hope to see the Camden Lions walk away with a victory, and a berth into the quarterfinals.

My prediction-Camden 28 Fairview 14.

825422320[/snapback]

well said rcombs...So many of these people have under estimated the Camden Lions. That's perfectly fine, but Camden will show up to "Win" the game. They will be ready for kickoff and so will all the fans that will travel to Fairview. We will be big and loud! :rolleyes:

The Fairview fans Welcomes all your fans !

I hope you bring more than Adamsville did, they really didn't have very many there, I was supprised at the low number for a playoff game.

We look forward to a Great Game

Lets see who makes the most noise .... This should be fun!

If our crowd gets any bigger than it was for the Adamsville game we're going to need to add more stands!

Go Jackets! :rolleyes:

The Fairview fans Welcomes all your fans !

I hope you bring more than Adamsville did, they really didn't have very many there, I was supprised at the low number for a playoff game.

We look forward to a Great Game

Lets see who makes the most noise .... This should be fun!

If our crowd gets any bigger than it was for the Adamsville game we're going to need to add more stands!

Go Jackets!  B)

825422833[/snapback]

Lewis Co. had a real low number of fans there too. Yes, it will be a great game, it will be a long week waiting till Friday night. Hope you have plenty of stands on the visitor side too, 'cause we do bring a loud crowd...looking forward to your hospitality :rolleyes: