What's up with Haywood?

beserkr

I listened to some of the Haywood - Craigmont game tonight. I've seen Haywood play once this season, and I know they have a lot of talent. However, they don't seem to have any discipline. They had way too many penalties, and they also had one of their better players ejected from the game. Judging from their scores over the past few weeks, they seem to be on a path of self-destruction. Can anyone from Haywood tell me what's going on with the Tomcats?

Who was the player that was ejected? For the tomcats stop trying to be gangsters from memphis and play haywood Co football.

825420040[/snapback]

I think it would be against forum rules to name him.

I will agree, the Tomcats do need to work on some things if they hope to make it to Murfreesboro.

I didn't actually see it, but I was told that he was exchanging words with a Craigmont player and the referee broke it up and gave him a warning. After the referee turned to walk away, the Haywood player head-butted the Craigmont player. The refs saw it and ejected him. According to my understanding of the TSSAA rules, he cannot play this week against Ridgeway. (I would like to stress one more time that what I know about this incident is hearsay.)

From the game film, it looks like he went back in the game.  Maybe he was just sent out to cool off.  Are you sure he was ejected?

825422822[/snapback]

I was told today that he was ejected for foul language and that there was no head butt.

The word around town is that he was ejected and that he will not play Friday.

Good luck to both the Roadrunners and the Tomcats Friday night.