THE PIT IS A JOKE

82cat

I could not believe it when I pulled up at LC 25 minutes before kickoff and parked within 20 feet of then ticket booth.

I looked forward to a great crowd and all the pit has to offer and all I got was the intensity of a Siegel game at MTSU.

I know LC lost a lot of players and are not near the team they were last yr but the 3 loses they had to tennessee teams were to teams with a combined record of something like 28 wins and 2 loses.

They kids at LC deserved better for a playoff game and quite honestly they played with the same enthusiasm their crowd showed which was none!

Smyrna is playing very well right now and hopefully the tough schedule will pay some dues.

One word for the week REDEMPTION

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oakland
I could not believe it when I pulled up at LC 25 minutes before kickoff and parked within 20 feet of then ticket booth.

I looked forward to a great crowd and all the pit has to offer and all I got was the intensity of a Siegel game at MTSU.

I know LC  lost a lot of players and are not near the team they were last yr but the 3 loses they had to tennessee teams were to teams with a combined record of something like 28 wins and 2 loses.

They kids at LC deserved better for a playoff game and quite honestly they played with the same enthusiasm their crowd showed which was none!

Smyrna is playing very well right now and hopefully the tough schedule will pay some dues.

One word for the week REDEMPTION

825419648[/snapback]

ouch. i guess the truth hurts doesnt it lincoln county? good luck to smyrna against the evil empire

As an LC Alumn I AGREE! Only game I have gone to this year and well... NO ONE was there! Quite pittiful. But I knew it would be that way. In 2002 (i think) when LC beat Riverdale 10-9, no one was at that game untill it looked like LC had some chance and people got on their cell phones and told others to come cause it might be a game.

Sadly LC "fans" knew they were going to lose tonight so they decided not to show up for the game.

I'm not disrespecting anyone here and yes I do love our coaching staff, but it might be time for a changing of the guard. But that is another topic for another thread.

I wouldn't have given this thread the title "The Pit is a joke"...I mean, Smyrna is 1-2 at the Pit...and Oakland, your team is 3-13 at the Pit (oh yeah, I remember, that's because we have refs that cheat when we play you, but not when we play other people :ph34r: ). I would have given it a more appropriate title like "Fair Weather Fans are disgusting". Whether they don't come to the Pit or to Tomahawk or to the Inferno is completely beside the point.

What is truly sad is that fair weather fans do not have enough sense to realize that they affect the team's performance by their attitude. Then when you add parents that think little Johnny should be starting because it's all about him and not the team, you have the right recipe for a lackluster season.

Oh well....

Heads up, Falcons!!!!!!!!!!

Get ready for NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by jabbo

I wouldn't have given this thread the title "The Pit is a joke"...I mean, Smyrna is 1-2 at the Pit...and Oakland, your team is 3-13 at the Pit (oh yeah, I remember, that's because we have refs that cheat when we play you, but not when we play other people  :ph34r: ).  I would have given it a more appropriate title like "Fair Weather Fans are disgusting".  Whether they don't come to the Pit or to Tomahawk or to the Inferno is completely beside the point.

What is truly sad is that fair weather fans do not have enough sense to realize that they affect the team's performance by their attitude.  Then when you add parents that think little Johnny should be starting because it's all about him and not the team, you have the right recipe for a lackluster season. 

Oh well....

Heads up, Falcons!!!!!!!!!!

Get ready for NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

825419827[/snapback]

Jabbo, your point about parents thinking Johhny should start because it is all about him and not the team takes place at so many schools. I have seen situations this year where a parent son is replaced by another player and the team wins. The parent whose son got replaced went nuts, even though his team won. It is not about the team, it is about their kid.

Guest Oakland
I wouldn't have given this thread the title "The Pit is a joke"...I mean, Smyrna is 1-2 at the Pit...and Oakland, your team is 3-13 at the Pit (oh yeah, I remember, that's because we have refs that cheat when we play you, but not when we play other people  :ph34r: ). Get ready for NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size][/color][/b]

825419827[/snapback]

misleading stat. lincoln county racked a bunch of those wins against oakland when we were down. oakland's 1st win at the pit was in 98 so id say its become rather close in the years afterward. i think oakland's bunch takes the cake as far as fair-weather fans though

The thread title is corect

Last night the pir was a joke and it was told by the spoiled fans at lc

They are with you win or win

825419853[/snapback]

I'm having trouble following you here...first, jokes are supposed to be funny...second, the Pit and the fans are two different things unless the fans are tuned in..."fans" that are tuned out (and therefore really not FANS) are NOT part of the Pit. You can bad mouth the Pit all you want if it makes you feel good, but you really ought to channel that energy into something more productive.