Smyrna vs. Riverdale

bulldog12

i think smyrna will be hungry for this win. i think it'll be an all out war. ive heard about these 2 teams being rivalries. im from the west. so i don't know much about these 2 teams so i wont bother posting a prediction. i do know this will be one of the best matchups throughout the state. i think the game will be decided within seconds remaining during the game.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think smyrna will be hungry for this win. i think it'll be an all out war. ive heard about these 2 teams being rivalries. im from the west. so i don't know much about these 2 teams so i wont bother posting a prediction. i do know this will be one of the best matchups throughout the state. i think the game will be decided within seconds remaining during the game.

825422086[/snapback]

It should be a war - hopefully Riverdale beats the dogs again.

Good luck to ya'll this week - I don't know much about 2A, but ya'll have had an impressive season.

I have seen both of these teams play this year a few times and all this talk about Smyrna and Riverdale coming down to the wire, I just don't see it. Yes I know both teams are somewhat different teams from the meeting two months ago, but not that much. When Riverdale is on offense, other than Orona and Marcelus, Smyrna does not have the speed to slow down Riverdale. Last time they met, it seemed ever play ended the same way, with Miller or Thomas breaking into the secondary, and then Orona and Marcelus appear running them down and making the tackle 60 yards down the field. I just don't think Smyrna's defensive line or linebackers can improve that much to where the holes get any smaller. Smyrna's defense improved somewhat throughout the year, but what about the Lebanon game? With Riverdale on defense, Smyrna does pose more problems than any other team they face all year can. Smyrna will have to pass almost every down. While I know how good Marcellus can be, RHS showed they can completely shut down any team's rushing attack and if they do have a weakness its against the pass. The only problem with passing every down is not getting sacked and chased down by Perkins who showed last time he can run just as fast as Orona in a chase. If Smyrna can somehow find a way to utilize Marcellus in the pass game and protect Orona they might be able to move the football. Even at their best I don't see them scoring more than 20 points at the most against Riverdale. So unless Riverdale shows up on the wrong field, or Smyrna added 9 new players on defense, I don't see Smyrna having a chance in this one.

I am saying SMYRNA pulls it out. Slowly but surely they have been getting "Firsts" such as beating Gallatin away, beating Brentwood away, beating all the other Boro schools, and this will complete their list. GO DAWGS!!!!

Ok Ok Ok, enough with all of this nonsence. This is ludacris. We all heard the same ole story in week 2 on how Riverdale is too cocky and this will FINALLY be the time that Smyrna beats Riverdale. Well i'm here to tell you to keep on dreaming. Those of you that think Smyrna will win and will want to throw this comment back in my face go ahead and save this comment then. But i'm not worried about it cuz i know that Riverdale will win. Mark my words. I'm making a guarantee. The score will not be 65-20. First of all Riverdale will not score 65 points again on them and second of all, there is no way Smyna will put up 3 TD's on the Warriors again. They will be lucky to get one. This senior class came in as winners, they were 9-0 champions as freshmen and several moved up to varsity that year and were a part of a 15-0 state championship team. This is these seniors last go around and they are determined to get the job done this year. Last year they over achieved, but anything less than winning it all will be unacceptable. It is IMPOSSIBLE to shut down Dave Thomas and Gaston Miller, and the trio of recievers so just pick your poison. Riverdale wins this one by atleast 21.

Edited by hs sports fan

I heard about some Riverdale players trying to start a fight with Smyrna's at the Siegel/Oakland game. The SHS players were on the Siegel side and the RHS players were on the OHS side. The RHS players went to the SHS side and started the confrontation. I think it was mostly words.....but could have escalated quickly. I think there will be cheap shots galore in this game and flags raining from the sky. It is a shame in my opinion.

OMG, all wrong. I was there and that is not how it went down. First of all we were all there when the game started unlike Smyrna and we were sitting on the Siegel side. Smyrna came in at some point during the first half on the same side that we were on. So it just so happened that both teams were sitting beside each other at the top in the blue seats on the home side with only the row of stairs inbetween both teams. Smyrna on one side of the stairs, Riverdale on the other. It was just a bunch of talk from both sides. No near fights or anything like that. Actually there were a few players carrying on friendly conversations. There were probably about 20+ Riverdale players and 12+ Smyrna players. Coach Shadowens was sitting with his bunch and he was letting them talk bad, he didnt say anything to them, he just let them say what they pleased. Then the next day he called coach Rankin complaining about our guys. I'm sure that will be another bad move that Smyrna does that backfires and will actually get our guys even more fired up. Just like the sign in the first game. What was funny was Orona kept saying, "Ok, Ok, we'll see, 3rd round baby, 3rd round". Well unfortunatley they couldnt beat Lebanon so their season will end a week earlier, in week 2 instead of week 3 like they once thought. :ph34r::)

Dave Thomas has played in the Blue Cross Bowl all three years of his high school career (yes he even got in as a freshmen), so dont expect anything less this year.....*Does anyone know if there has ever been a player in the state to do so?

Guest region4fan

Seems like Lance phillips from BA played in all 4 . I think he got 3 rings and was the QB and MVP of two. I would have to recheck my facts with Wesvols to be sure though. he used to help OHS, but left to start a church in Clarksville.

Sportsfan, I saw a slew of RHS players on our side at that SHS/OHS game. They had on jerseys. I am pretty sure Thomas was with them, but he had on a sweatshirt I think instead of a jersey. Those guys were actually cheering for us.But it could have been different players from RHs than the ones that you are talking about.

Guest Oakland
OMG, all wrong. I was there and that is not how it went down. First of all we were all there when the game started unlike Smyrna and we were sitting on the Siegel side. Smyrna came in at some point during the first half on the same side that we were on. So it just so happened that both teams were sitting beside each other at the top in the blue seats on the home side with only the row of stairs inbetween both teams. Smyrna on one side of the stairs, Riverdale on the other. It was just a bunch of talk from both sides. No near fights or anything like that. Actually there were a few players carrying on friendly conversations. There were probably about 20+ Riverdale players and 12+ Smyrna players. Coach Shadowens was sitting with his bunch and he was letting them talk bad, he didnt say anything to them, he just let them say what they pleased. Then the next day he called coach Rankin complaining about our guys. I'm sure that will be another bad move that Smyrna does that backfires and will actually get our guys even more fired up. Just like the sign in the first game. What was funny was Orona kept saying, "Ok, Ok, we'll see, 3rd round baby, 3rd round". Well unfortunatley they couldnt beat Lebanon so their season will end a week earlier, in week 2 instead of week 3 like they once thought. :ph34r:  :)

Dave Thomas has played in the Blue Cross Bowl all three years of his high school career (yes he even got in as a freshmen), so dont expect anything less this year.....*Does anyone know if there has ever been a player in the state to do so?

825422413[/snapback]

wrong wrong wrong, i saw dave and a few other rdale players sit right beside me on the oakland side in the 1st half, so it looks like riverdale's guy were the trouble makers, just like in week 0 when they all went to smyrna and decided to taunt them there as well, maybe riverdale players just need to get a life and focus solely on the game and no who they are gonna taunt next from smyrna