dca vs w.c.

gametalker

Well first I could care less which team advances, I don't have a dog in that race. I just like watching high school football. I have watched DCA and Mount Pleasant( 4 times) play. If Mount Pleasant can win Friday they will beat DCA. They are one of the most ( not the most) athletic 1A teams I have seen play.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bballfan, every squirrell might find an acorn but not many of them find eight in a row and four of them for touchdowns! that kid is the real deal.

in order for wc to win, we will have to hold onto the ball. if we turn it over more than one time, we won't have a chance. i figure that dca will try to contain ruddle all night so our backs will really have play well. if we hold onto the ball and play like we did on defense last friday, we'll make a game of it. if not, it could be a long ride home.

lol, Davidson is no DCA.  If you think DA is a good test of how good DCA is gonna be....well good luck.  (Check the dca - davidson score earlier in the year)DCA is superior to DA in EVERY aspect.  I hate to say it but I'm gonna go out on a limb....DCA's starters will be pulled halfway thru the 3rd.  (if that late)  Is that plain enough??  Enjoy the trip and congrats on a good season, but it ends Friday for sure.                    DCA 38  Wayne County  13. 

I like your school spirit legion, but it's as realistic as kerry pulling out the election.  (There's people who want it but it ain't happening) :angry:

825427327[/snapback]

We all know that would not be Coach Goodwin's style. Coach Goodwin is considered one of the members of the "Good Ole Boys" club of coaching. He would never do something like that. He would play his top players and get as much as he can get. Don't think so? Watch the Davidson/DCA and CPA/DCA game. Oh yeah, check out the FRA/ DCA game as well. He must be a graduate of the Ezell-Harding/Coach Smith School of Football. "Get All You Can" DCA. Must be trying to secure your BCS ranking.

I say all of that to say this. You cannot go by game scores of common opponents to determine if or when you can "pull your starters". Turnovers, missed tackles, bad field position, and bad breaks can all have factors in in the outcome.

I have been watching this post for some time now and all of the people who say that Wayne County is going to win, are from Wayne County. They are either on their football team or go to the school. Yes, yes I know you have your school spirit and that you believe that your team can win. The fact is that all Region 6 teams are too cocky when they come into a game like this one. You say we are a private school so their is nothing to worry about since you have the whole county. It doesn't matter. I will be on the DCA side tonight and watching the manhandling they will be handing out tonight. Defense wins championships and offense puts points on the board. DCA has both so you might as well enjoy the bus ride and say your corny jokes with each other because when you arrive at "The Stones", it will not be pleasant to hear the home side roaring when the clock strikes zero.

;)

there is one thing on my mind i to have been watching the thread all week, and i am from wayne co, went to wc high , and i noticec an amazing thing that always seems to happen when private schools are invloved on coacht when they are winning there supporters are out in great numbers when they lose however they seem to disappear i am not saying wc will win because i am not sure they can i unlike some people on here have not seen dca play so i will not make a prediction on how they will match up with wc however if they do win and beat the "mighty, dca" then it will be int. to see how many posters like stembowhat, gerry bertier, 4nashprivates, the scout are around to post then exp if mt pleasant knocks off cpa i belive it was all of you who said there was no way wc would beat da i didnt see any posts from you on that one after the fact just something to chew on

To anyone from DCA talking about the Cascade loss last week !!! DON'T TALK TRASH ABOUT THE CASCADE CHAMPIONS !!! Now back to what I was gonna say, DCA's players parents can't buy them a division with undersized players who play because they love the game, but because someone had gone & you might as well say recruited DCA some players to come there so they can have a better chance of winning ... DCA , you got your own division next year for other " PAY TO PLAY " players also. If you want to play public schools, I got one word for you, how about RIVERDALE ??? I think the phrase "DCA's the best " just lost its luster on that one word. I mean they are more DCAs size right ? Since all you do is brag on how big your players are take them to Murfreesboro. No guts No glory ... ha ha ha !! :rolleyes:

To anyone from DCA talking about the Cascade loss last week !!! DON'T TALK TRASH ABOUT THE CASCADE CHAMPIONS !!! Now back to what I was gonna say, DCA's players parents can't buy them a division with undersized players who play because they love the game, but because someone had gone & you might as well say recruited DCA some players to come there so they can have a better chance of winning ... DCA , you got your own division next year for other " PAY TO PLAY " players also. If you want to play public schools, I got one word for you, how about RIVERDALE ??? I think the phrase "DCA's the best " just lost its luster on that one word. I mean they are more DCAs size right ? Since all you do is brag on how big your players are take them to Murfreesboro. No guts No glory ... ha ha ha !!      :blink:

825429646[/snapback]

I am tired of people's comments on private schools recruiting... first of all, most of the students at DCA live within 10 minutes of each other. Way over half of them would still be at the same school if it was a zoning issue. Second, if you go back you will notice that the majority of DCA's players (and esp. the "best" players) have attended DCA since early elementary. Our "recruiting" coaches must be very good if they can tell how well a kid will play football by the way they hold a crayon. I dont understand why people whine so much about private schools. The difference I believe, is that DCA, CPA and others are very rich in the football tradition. A majority of the kids want to be in the program. Some public schools may lack that tradition causing some students who could be excellent ball players not to play. If these private schools recruited they would be in the division with MBA and BA and all them. Just show some class and not whine. It wont do you any good, instead focus all that energy into something useful

Edited by 4DCA

To anyone from DCA talking about the Cascade loss last week !!! DON'T TALK TRASH ABOUT THE CASCADE CHAMPIONS !!! Now back to what I was gonna say, DCA's players parents can't buy them a division with undersized players who play because they love the game, but because someone had gone & you might as well say recruited DCA some players to come there so they can have a better chance of winning ... DCA , you got your own division next year for other " PAY TO PLAY " players also. If you want to play public schools, I got one word for you, how about RIVERDALE ??? I think the phrase "DCA's the best " just lost its luster on that one word. I mean they are more DCAs size right ? Since all you do is brag on how big your players are take them to Murfreesboro. No guts No glory ... ha ha ha !!      :o

825429646[/snapback]

DCA moves up to 2A in D1 not D2 with scholarship aided programs. There is a difference. CPA did play Riverdale and scored more points than any 5A team. Would Cascade do that?