Has a Female ever placed at State?

rigger101

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other girl was Jessica Taylor from Cumberland County at 103 in 2000 or 2001.  She had like 26 wins and qualified as a Junior.  She may have qualified again but got pregnant which also lost her college scholarship.  Proctor is a much better technician than both of those girls, but if she is over 112 it will tough for her.

825426712[/snapback]

Another reason not to let girls roll around on the mats with guys. You could lose a team mate.

What's the deal Rigger and this Cookeville girl? 

One or two girls have even qualified.  That Warren County girl in the 90's and maybe a Cookeville/Crossville girl a few years ago?

825426488[/snapback]

I just admire here guts. :unsure: Have you seen here wrestle? :) I saw her beat some of the top boys in her weight class and Proctor is a great technician and has a good head on her shoulders. :lol:

I talked to her last year and she is a modest Champion. She dosn't have raw power put she must have a great grip because if she gets a hold of a leg she dosn't let loose.

I've always enjoyed picking out a kid and watching them thru the years. I'm just a fan who thinks she's got a shot to place. thumb Just giving warning! There will be alot of mad parents when it's there kid on their back looking at the lights.

I just admire here guts.  :unsure: Have you seen here wrestle?  :)  I saw her beat some of the top boys in her weight class and Proctor is a great technician and has a good head on her shoulders. :lol:

I talked to her last year and she is a modest Champion.  She dosn't have raw power put she must have a great grip because if she gets a hold of a leg she dosn't let loose.

I've always enjoyed picking out a kid and watching them thru the years.  I'm just a fan who thinks she's got a shot to place.  thumb  Just giving warning!  There will be alot of mad parents when it's there kid on their back looking at the lights.

825426964[/snapback]

What "top boys" did she beat? What is your definition of a top boy?

If she is like you say, she will be the exception to the rule, and may be fun to watch.

What "top boys" did she beat?  What is your definition of a top boy? 

If she is like you say, she will be the exception to the rule, and may be fun to watch.

825426970[/snapback]

All the top kids in AAU. I rather not put their names on here. But my son was one of them and he was a State Champion in Future Champions and AAU.

I know it's not the Same as High School but alot of former AAU State Champions have won the State in High School or at least placed.

Edited by rigger101

All the top kids in AAU.  I rather not put their names on here.  But my son was one of them and he was a State Champion in Future Champions and AAU.

I know it's not the Same as High School but alot of former AAU State Champions have won the State in High School or at least placed.

825426979[/snapback]

Your son got beat by this girl, did I understand that correctly? Or did she beat somebody who was a champ? If she did, that is impressive.

All the top kids in AAU.  I rather not put their names on here.  But my son was one of them and he was a State Champion in Future Champions and AAU.

825426979[/snapback]

Rigger------------what weight class did she wrestle in AAU and FCI this past spring? I remember a blonde haired girl wrestling out of Cookeville in FCI two-three years ago but her name was Hope, not Faith But I think her last name was Proctor. She was wrestling in the 80-95 range back then, so my guess is she would now be somewhere around the 103 or 112 high school weight class unless she had an unusual ( for girls) growth spurt. If this is the same girl, you are correct about her technical skills.

Hope & Faith Proctor are Justin Proctor's little sisters! Yes, these are the little girls you remember from a few years back at the FCI Tournaments, they are just a few years older now. I would agree all three of this kids have the heart of a lion, they are technically very sound and have wrestled against some of the best in the state. If both girls are still wrestling, I sure would not want to tangle with them regardless of my gender.

Now you know Daddy Proctor has to be proud, ain't no boy gonna get away with any hanky panky with these girls!