Has a Female ever placed at State?

rigger101

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone correct me on this, I'm only completely sure of only one female ever qualifying for state. That was Andi Jones from Warren County in the 1997 tournament. She was completely thrown to the wolves, as she had Shawn Weller who placed 3rd that year before winning state the next 2 years, then she fell to the consolation bracket where she wrestled Matt McCarty from Clarksville, who placed 6th that year as a freshman and went on to win 2 state titles as a junior and senior! Did i mention that we only had 1 Division at that time??

Anyway, to my knowledge, she is the one and only qualifier. Can someone prove me otherwise?

Can someone correct me on this,  I'm only completely sure of only one female ever qualifying for state.  That was Andi Jones from Warren County in the 1997 tournament.  She was completely thrown to the wolves, as she had Shawn Weller who placed 3rd that year before winning state the next 2 years, then she fell to the consolation bracket where she wrestled Matt McCarty from Clarksville, who placed 6th that year as a freshman and went on to win 2 state titles as a junior and senior!  Did i mention that we only had 1 Division at that time??

Anyway, to my knowledge, she is the one and only qualifier.  Can someone prove me otherwise?

825426618[/snapback]

Why was she thrown to the wolves? Was the draw unfair to her finishing place in her region and her record that year?

Well it wasn't that i think the draw was unfair. I mean, she did take 4th in her region. I was just the fact, that out of her bracket, her name was drawn at one of the absolute worst places for her to be in the bracket. I mean even if she was anyone else. Being in the place in the bracket that she was in, she would need a Nic Bundy of a miracle to pull off some upsets.

(Of course no offense to Bundy)

The other girl was Jessica Taylor from Cumberland County at 103 in 2000 or 2001. She had like 26 wins and qualified as a Junior. She may have qualified again but got pregnant which also lost her college scholarship. Proctor is a much better technician than both of those girls, but if she is over 112 it will tough for her.