Memorable Games

THSVikings2004

It was the 1990 game I believe. The reason I say that is because Sequatchie County won the district (back then) and Marion County went on in the play-offs and won their first state championship. The only team up to that point in time to come in second in their district and win a state championship.

This would have to be one of the top Valley Classics. This was one of the most emotional games I have ever witnessed. The crowd was huge!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best game I think I have seen in a long time was in 2004 when I made the drive to Rockwood. They played sweetwater and lathum was hard for the tigers to stop. The tigers were up in the 4th until lathum was found in the back of the endzone for 6 w/ right at 2 min. left. The tigers got the back and were struggling. QB Corey Payne threw up a prayer to Johnny Coaker on a 3rd and 18. He made the catch after it being tipped around and he was laying on his back. That then set up rockwood a 1st and 10. Then Coaker turned around and lined up in the wrong place as a reciever and caused sweetwater to have confusion and Payne found TE Peddicord naked at the 2. Rockwood went on to win the game and a great game it was.

MUS vs MBA 2004 semi-finals- MUS dominates the first half offensively and the defense shut down MBA- it was 10-0 at half. Then in the second half MBA gets an early td to make it 10-7.. with abt 3 mins left or so in the fourth MUS' D shuts down MBA inside the 10 and when the kick the FG it gets blocked-- MBA got the ball back with abt a min left and converts one fourth and long and then later turns it over on downs and seals the W for MUS

MUS vs BA, 2004 state championship- BA gets off to a fast start, returning the opening kick for a touchdown and then MUS' first play from scrimmage is an interception, but from then on BA manages just one long run in a game that was completely dominated by MUS

A rare feat in which MUS beat both BA and MBA twice in the same season- how many times has that happened?

You stole mine!

• 2 weeks later...

The most memorable game for me was Portland at White House in 2003...Portland was written off for the year and huge underdogs going into thier season opener. I think only two flags were thrown the entire game, both were 5 yard penelties...players from both teams should've been thrown out, but the refs just looked the other way. Everyone left it on the field that night. The game went down to the last play with White House winning...I don't remember the score.