Cloudland Highlanders

HonestAbe

After loseing 4 seniors Mark Byrd(pg),Robbie Tolley©,Craig Cooke(G),and Aaroan Stocktin(P). The landers return with 3 seniors Cody Jones(PG) who will run the show this year, John (possum) Pricherd© who will be tuff too stop down low,and Ronnie (Jones) Hendry(G) will play is first at cloudland and is a soild player(i'm sure unaka will rems him32-6). That rounds out the seniors. Others too step up are jr's Adam Stevens,James Miller,Jordon Buck,BJ Johnson,and Luke Sparks. The Landers also have some young solid players. The Landers are ready too rolll.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off i think what HonestAbe is trying to say is that u should remember him for helping hand Unaka the same on killing on the football that goes on every year. But then again why would Unaka people try to remember all the Cloudland players that have just ran over them? To many to count huh?

Yeah Cloudland lost a few players, but the only one really that will be at all missed is Robbie Tolley and thats only because this years team really lacks any size and experience inside. The most experienced and skilled big man for the landers, Possum, will atleast 3 weeks of play due to injury. So that leaves Cloudland just a little short handed in the post position. But from what i have seen in the practices, they have some young kids that have good foot work and work hard. So if we can get them some experience then we will be fine. As for guard play, Cloudland has the best outside shotting of any team i have seen at Cloudland. But as everyone knows theres more to basketball then scoring. Its unclear yet on how well we can play defense and how we will do when the pressure is on. With Cody Jones returning, it gives Cloudland a very experienced guard. Who all around could be the best guard in all of upper east tennessee. Add in Ronnie Jones, J-Buck, Adam, and Jack the snake if he gets back and Cloudland has a very soild back court. Only thing that really worrys me is how will the young and new guys will be able to hang the press from unaka. But with Coach Smith, i know the guys will be more than prepared for anything unaka has.

Cloudland may take some tough losses early, but if they do i look for them to build off them and come through with a all and all good season. Either a Conference championship or district tourny championship.

Good Luck Landers. The Season starts in 7 days, so be ready!

Hey Fan, you sure know the Cloudland team dont you. Are you a couch or something or a player...just wondering !! And the young kids better have more than "good foot work" if they are going to compete in a high level of basketball. And nobody cares that Cloudland beat Unaka in football, last I heard Cloudlands football season is over aswell as the Rangers, and now its basketball time. And its good that you guys are perpared for everything Unaka's got, im looking forward to seeing the two teams match up this year. And are you sure that the Cloudland squad will not miss having Mark Byrd running up and down the court this year...I saw him playing footabll and he looks quit the athelete. His he or Tolley playing anywhere in college (figured you'd know) ??

Jeez, doubleplay, you make it sound like Volunteer just came out and killed Cloudland. But I beleive if Cloudland would have had a deeper bench they would have taken Volunteer to the wire. It was what,28-27 at halftime? I think the big dominate Volunteers need to get a little bit better before they start braggin about beating anybody. Especially, a small single A school. :):lol::lol: