Bearden Bulldogs Get new Coach!

rigger101

The new Bearden coach is Jason Anderson. He did grow up wrestling in Iowa and has coached in Colorado. He's employed by the Knox County school system as a math curriculum developer (or something like that). We (Bearden parents) are very excited to have him. We felt like the program had really taken a turn for the better last year and were worried about who might replace Coach brown. I for one am quite pleased, and I'm hopeful that the future of Bearden wrestling is good. It probably won't happen over night. He was a bit taken aback when he heard how little monetary support we got from the school. Fortunately several parents have stepped up to help with fund-raising, etc.

Re: Coach Brown. He was a bit of a character, but the boys loved him, and he them. I didn't agree with everything he did, but he was a very good motivator and a great guy. He and his wife gave an unbelievable amount of effort to the program. They left Knoxville to join a youth ministry program in Charlotte.

Re: BHS v FHS. I'm all for it, too. I had heard FHS had some open datees as does BHS and I told coach. I know he called FHS coaches and left a message, but don't know if he's heard back. I'm sure they love all us parents getting involved in their scheduling :o

Aaron O'Hearn should be strong this year at 152. He's worked hard this summer and is in excellent condition. Two other returning seniors: Scott Wessleman at 171/189 and Doug Plumley at 215 should be strong. We've also got a couple experienced sophomores that did well last year: Andrew Birdwell at 119 and Nathan Bevelhimer (my son) at 160. We've got several other returners and a few (though not enough) new guys.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new Bearden coach is Jason Anderson. He did grow up wrestling in Iowa and has coached in Colorado.  He's employed by the Knox County school system as a math curriculum developer (or something like that). We (Bearden parents) are very excited to have him.  We felt like the program had really taken a turn for the better last year and were worried about who might replace Coach brown. I for one am quite pleased, and I'm hopeful that the future of Bearden wrestling is good. It probably won't happen over night. He was a bit taken aback when he heard how little monetary support we got from the school. Fortunately several parents have stepped up to help with fund-raising, etc.

Re: Coach Brown.  He was a bit of a character, but the boys loved him, and he them.  I didn't agree with everything he did, but he was a very good motivator and a great guy. He and his wife gave an unbelievable amount of effort to the program. They left Knoxville to join a youth ministry program in Charlotte.

Re: BHS v FHS.  I'm all for it, too. I had heard FHS had some open datees as does BHS and I told coach. I know he called FHS coaches and left a message, but don't know if he's heard back.  I'm sure they love all us parents getting involved in their scheduling  :o

Aaron O'Hearn should be strong this year at 152.  He's worked hard this summer and is in excellent condition.  Two other returning seniors: Scott Wessleman at 171/189 and Doug Plumley at 215 should be strong.  We've also got a couple experienced sophomores that did well last year: Andrew Birdwell at 119 and Nathan Bevelhimer (my son) at 160. We've got several other returners and a few (though not enough) new guys.

825433409[/snapback]

Thanks,

For the update. I e-mailed The Farragut coaches Friday about the open dates and talked to Coach Ferguson about it. He said in the past that had always been a top draw. Our Schedule is posted. Hopefully they can work it out.

Do you have a full team?

Thanks,

For the update.  I e-mailed The Farragut coaches Friday about the open dates and talked to Coach Ferguson about it.  He said in the past that had always been a top draw.  Our Schedule is posted.  Hopefully they can work it out.

Do you have a full team?

825433422[/snapback]

Our 112 weighed in at 114 and under 7% BF, so we're missing a 112 and 103, but still looking. Lots of inexperience in some other classes. Several matchups should be pretty competitive. The BHS/FHS matchup is one that needs to be revived.

Our 112 weighed in at 114 and under 7% BF, so we're missing a 112 and 103, but still looking.  Lots of inexperience in some other classes.  Several matchups should be pretty competitive. The BHS/FHS matchup is one that needs to be revived.

825433438[/snapback]

We're working on it.'

Do you have enough for some JV matches?

Not rainbow of muscles, rainbow of muscle shirts.  He always wore black workout pants, a fanny pack hanging in the front and a blue, red or other assorted color muscle shirt.  It was about as tacky a coach's uniform I have ever seen.  The only one worse than that is the Union County coach walking around in overalls with a plaid shirt.

825428425[/snapback]

Bennie Gray is gentleman and always has a smile and something nice to say. I suggest when the opportunity presents itself you personally address Mr.Gray

about his choice of clothes I think he could convince you to wear overalls if understand what I'm saying!!

Bennie Gray is gentleman and always has a smile and something nice to say. I suggest when the opportunity presents itself you personally address Mr.Gray

about his choice of clothes I think he could convince you to wear overalls if understand what I'm saying!!

825433854[/snapback]

So are you going to get Bearden on the Schedule? $$$$$$$$$

they say they have a full team.

Go for it !

Was it Adam Smith from South Doyle? 

He was 2nd in the Region last year @ 152 to Farragut's State Finalist Turner.

825434739[/snapback]

QUOTE(TDArtist @ Nov 16 2004 - 09:47 AM)

Not great. But it was a preseason takedown tournament. O'Hern got beat 6-0 in 2 minutes by a kid from South Doyle. It's hard to tell this early but he didn't look like a state champion.

Is it true O'Hern was beat that bad?

It just wasn't impressive.  The first takedown was beautiful - a double leg had O'Hern up in the air.  I don't know either kid but I would love to be around when and if that rematch goes down again.

825435124[/snapback]

It will in KIL, Region and other find venues. Hmmmmmmmmmmm Smith has a good Double Leg. I wonder where he saw that?

Edited by rigger101

Rigger are you infering that your son had the only double leg takedown move in the region. Come on now your son was a good kid but that was not a patented move. For years there have been good double leg shooters in the area. Junior Hernandez, Shannon Sayne, Farraguts Eric Farris and your very own coaches were pretty slick in that catagory to just name a few.

Rigger are you infering that your son had the only double leg takedown move in the region. Come on now your son was a good kid but that was not a patented move. For years there have been good double leg shooters in the area. Junior Hernandez, Shannon Sayne, Farraguts Eric Farris and your very own coaches were pretty slick in that catagory to just name a few.

825435454[/snapback]

Just a joke. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I agree 100%!

I was refering to the number of times he and Smith had to meet each other in the Tourneys.

I never thought his Double was that great but plenty of others did. I feel that there are other moves less destructive on your body.

Edited by rigger101