Maryville/Central II

Rebel Nation

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure you Maryville guys are getting a little bored talking to yourself. Most of us over in Ftn City have a job, a life etc, ... and we don't have all day to spend on the computer. As for those of you that are students at Maryville our students at Central have to go to class and aren't allowed to waste the day on the computer. Anyway I thought I would take my last 15 min. of lunch to stir the pot a little.

I think I have found a weakness in the Maryville team. They don't like physical football. After seeing the game vs. Powell and refelcting on it I don't think Maryville liked the fact that even when they got up 21 to 0 Powell kept coming after them and hitting them. Mater in fact it appears that some of the folks in Maryville think hard blocking and tackling is dirty football. Maryville struggled with Powell because they were more physical.

Now Central has the athletes to beat Maryville. If Central will come out and be physical good hard tackling and blocking I think it will increase their chances of beating Maryville. Combine that with Central having something good happen early and I think they can be in the game late.

I still think Maryville will win but as the week goes on and I watch practice my cofidence grows. Maryville by 1. By Friday they may have me convinced that they can pull it off. Remember Rebel fans teenagers have a short memory. As far as the first game goes it is a very distant memory

I JUST TALKED TO AB...... he said that he will play in every game that he can.....and i asked him if he would be back for the state game and he said he could play this friday if it got down to it but im sure tallent and singleton will not let it get to that point......he said it just reagravited an ankle sprain and he could play against THS if he wants... he said no doubt about the state game...... for me that is wonderful news.....straight from the horse's mouth.....thought yall would like to know

Guest Rebelnation
I am sure you Maryville guys are getting a little bored talking to yourself.  Most of us over in Ftn City have a job, a life etc, ... and we don't have all day to spend on the computer.  As for those of you that are students at Maryville our students at Central have to go to class and aren't allowed to waste the day on the computer.  Anyway I thought I would take my last 15 min. of lunch to stir the pot a little.

I think I have found a weakness in the Maryville team.  They don't like physical football.  After seeing the game vs. Powell and refelcting on it I don't think Maryville liked the fact that even when they got up 21 to 0 Powell kept coming after them and hitting them.  Mater in fact it appears that some of the folks in Maryville think hard blocking and tackling is dirty football.  Maryville struggled with Powell because they were more physical.

Now Central has the athletes to beat Maryville.  If Central will come out and be physical good hard tackling and blocking I think it will increase their chances of beating Maryville.  Combine that with Central having something good happen early and I think they can be in the game late.

I still think Maryville will win but as the week goes on and I watch practice my cofidence grows.  Maryville by 1.  By Friday they may have me convinced that they can pull it off.  Remember Rebel fans teenagers have a short memory.  As far as the first game goes it is a very distant memory

825437035[/snapback]

Let's take this part by part:

We come from a land where everyone can afford computers. I know it's difficult for you to grasp, since you have to run down to the public library every time you wanna post. Many of us are quite accomplished at multi-tasking too.

Well, since you all can't play physical football with us (see 56-10), I guess we need not worry. Did your team suddenly grow in the last few weeks?

If you're referring to you QB and WR, I don't think their gonna be enuff to win the game. I'm not sure who else you'd be referring to. Most of your players will be dead on their feet by the 3rd qtr from playing both ways anyway.

And you wasted all our time with that crap, just to tell the truth in the end...well almost the truth. Thanks for participateing...please pick up your "I never get to beat Maryville" tube top on the way out.

Rebs 45

Central 14

Edited by Rebelnation

Guest Rebelnation
Umm... pretty sure...i asked AB about tallent and he said "Oh yeah he's fine"..... AB would be the only one this friday that wouldnt be close to a 100% but AB's 50% is better than most others at full strength....... i hope GQ doesnt put him in though because it might end his hopes of playing THS or MElrose

825437075[/snapback]

Keep in mind Pride, AB is being optimistic, as most injured 1st stringers will be. It makes no sense to get him hurt, as we all agree. We all know he wants to play. I doubt we'll see it.

He might be back by Murfreesboro. I want him to play as much as anyone.

I am sure you Maryville guys are getting a little bored talking to yourself.  Most of us over in Ftn City have a job, a life etc, ... and we don't have all day to spend on the computer.  As for those of you that are students at Maryville our students at Central have to go to class and aren't allowed to waste the day on the computer.  Anyway I thought I would take my last 15 min. of lunch to stir the pot a little.

I think I have found a weakness in the Maryville team.  They don't like physical football.  After seeing the game vs. Powell and refelcting on it I don't think Maryville liked the fact that even when they got up 21 to 0 Powell kept coming after them and hitting them.  Mater in fact it appears that some of the folks in Maryville think hard blocking and tackling is dirty football.  Maryville struggled with Powell because they were more physical.

Now Central has the athletes to beat Maryville.  If Central will come out and be physical good hard tackling and blocking I think it will increase their chances of beating Maryville.  Combine that with Central having something good happen early and I think they can be in the game late.

I still think Maryville will win but as the week goes on and I watch practice my cofidence grows.  Maryville by 1.  By Friday they may have me convinced that they can pull it off.  Remember Rebel fans teenagers have a short memory.  As far as the first game goes it is a very distant memory

825437035[/snapback]

Joel said that maryville was not physical after the mccallie game.I said central would win the first game.Joel is not as cute as quarles and i was wrong.

Big Cat I will agree with your post up to a point. Maryville can be and likes to be physical. Their defense has knocked off like 10 or 12 helmets this year. I think this past Friday Powell was simply more physical than we were. And that is a credit to them. Up front though Central does not have near the size of Powell, or for that matter Maryville. Sure they can bring the wood and hit hard as much as they can but they are a finesse team plain and simple. They (Central) started the first game very physical if memory serves me correctly but wore down as the game went on. At one time I counted 8 or 9 going both ways. If that is still the case they will have problems. Again. I hope you are right about the memory though because Maryville needs to approach this game as if they were the ones who lost before.

Guest Rebelnation

Take the extra img off your signature line...let's hope he doesn't have to play. That would mean several bad things happened. Glad to hear he's walking ok. I can't wait to see him when he's 100%.

Joel looks like soemone hit him in the face with a fryin pan...that's not much of a contest Ollie.