ELIZABETHTON AT TENNESSEE HIGH 4A

TellTheTruth2004

it dont matter who wins tonight because next week the team that wins will get a mudhole stomped out of them  i went with my buddy who played at maryville two years ago and watched them play knox cent and they lay 56 on them that night and play them again tonight so get ready to get  your tails kicked big bad vikings  i will love it 13-0 and then you get beat 50-0 boo hoo boo hooo

825440545[/snapback]

Who cares what a Cloudland fan thinks ?

Where you guys playing tonight ?

You are right about one thing the VIKINGS ARE BIG & BAD !!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o I don’t know about the Cyclones but the Vikings are energized and READY TO PUT ALL DOUBT TO REST! I spoke with three of the starters just last night and I saw the same look in their eyes that I saw just before the East game. This no doubt will be a good game to start off… but as early as the middle of the first quarter I expect the Vikings to mount up and quiet the Cyclone storm very handedly!!

I’d also like to take this opportunity to apologies to the THS players and especially the coaching staff for some unwarranted pokes I took at the coaching staff earlier in this thread (right after the South game). The great post by DR FOOTBALL made me think of the ramifications that my comments could have if misunderstood. These comments came mostly out of frustration but also in defense of the players because of the criticism they received after the game. These kids gave 100% that game just like they do every time they strap on their helmets… although I didn’t see the level of intensity that I’ve seen in most of the previous games. After all they did bring us home another victory… that’s the bottom line in the playoffs!! The colossal scores the Vikings put up on ALL of it’s competition in the regular season has obviously spoiled the fans, media, and the critics… and is in a ridiculous way working to their disadvantage in the playoffs. I do still however think there were things we could have done differently that would have greatly affected the game. Of course it’s easy for us coaches in the stands to make these determinations as spectators… especially sense they don’t mean jack. The game itself was a weak up call to everyone involved and the coaches didn’t need my “professional” (and I use the word loosely) input to make that assessment! As the old saying goes… WHAT DON’T KILL YA WILL ONLY MAKE YOU STRONGER!!! So I hope my apology will be accepted.

That brings me to tonight’s game in the Castle! The Vikings have had a great week of practice and are prepared (ONCE AGAIN) to show why they wear the CHAMPIONSHIP BELT in the Mountain Lakes conference! (Just incase there was ANY mistake last time).

So in the words of a very famous boxing announcer, I’d like to say to the Cyclones……….lllllLLLETS GET READY TO RUMBLLLLLE!!!! thumb

825441325[/snapback]

It takes a real man to admit he has made a mistake Shelley.

Your posts are always thoughtful and interesting.

By the way, I had Stevie, Zack, Ryan, & Michael stay over last night......

I saw the same look dude.

Ladies and gentlemen, this lander guy is the Lee  Corso of Coach T.

825441343[/snapback]

i hope you dudes win because you will lost by 40 next week they are that much better than you look like a college team so u guys get ready to get taken to the woodshed next week if u get that far but you will beat eliz

Seriously, best of luck tonight to both teams. I will be in Shields Stadium in Maryville cheering for the Rebels but at the same time hoping to see the Vikings next week. After weeks of prognostication I really hope that both powerhouses make it there and we get the chance to see what we've all been dreaming about. Have a good and safe game tonight Cyclones and Vikes.

i hope you dudes win because you will lost by 40 next week they are that much better than you look like a college team  so u guys get ready to get taken to the woodshed next week if u get that far but you will beat eliz

825441370[/snapback]

B) What are you talking about Landers? Someone must have forgotten to lock your cage!! :o

Good game Vikings. There will be a bunch from Betsy pulling for you guys next Friday night. Carry the torch well because it comes back to Elizabethton next year. ;) Bottom line tonight, congradulations and go all the way.

Gonna miss you Cylcone seniors. Good season. Got to tip my hat to the team and coaches. You guys got where no man thought you would be. Eventhough you came up short, this season will be very valuble to you players the rest of your lives. It's been a good time, thanks.

Good game Vikings. There will be a bunch from Betsy pulling for you guys next Friday night. Carry the torch well because it comes back to Elizabethton next year.  :D Bottom line tonight, congradulations and go all the way.

Gonna miss you Cylcone seniors. Good season. Got to tip my hat to the team and coaches. You guys got where no man thought you would be. Eventhough you came up short, this season will be very valuble to you players the rest of your lives. It's been a good time, thanks.

825442053[/snapback]

B) Glee I have to say I think you are a class act!! The majority of THS opponents would like nothing more than to see the Vikings crumble at Maryville’s feet. To me that’s as shallow as it gets. Myself …(and I’m sure the majority of the Viking fans feel the same way) I feel that THS is not only going out to win a State Championship, but we are defending the honor of Region 1 and the Mountain Lake Conference. These guys in Region 3 have never respected us as their equals and the Vikings are determined to let them know that we can also play football here in East Tenn.

So I have to say that our team appreciates your comments more than you will ever know, and I hope that others in this area will take heed and support THS as the representative of the Mountain Lake Conference.

Congratulations to your seniors on a great season!!! QUARTER FINALS… not to shabby for a young team! :D

thumb

Good game Vikings. There will be a bunch from Betsy pulling for you guys next Friday night. Carry the torch well because it comes back to Elizabethton next year.  :D Bottom line tonight, congradulations and go all the way.

825442053[/snapback]

Wow!! What a great night for football in East Tennessee. Congrats to a tough Cyclone team on a good season and playoff run! Hats off to your players, coaches and fans; you fought hard, never quit, and made the Vikings earn the right to go to the next game.

Thanks GLee for the good wishes , THS will represent our Mountain Lakes Conference well!

thumb

First congrats Cyclones it was a fun season. Thanks for the memories. T. Hyder thanks for your leadership and guts. M. Fox thanks for that motor that goes 90 all the time, you make the most of what you have and you give your all. D. Nave just thanks for for great play all season. J Burkley great season new you had it in you. Hooten Leve you had a great year be proud of what you guys accomplished this season. M Blevins it was good to have you back, great second half of the year could not have played much better. To the rest of the seniors you had a good 04. I hope all of you find success and happiness in your futures.

Congrats to THS you all are a good football team, and a great program go kick some Rebel rear. As G said there will be alot of Cow Towners rooting for youall. Thanks for showing us what we have to do, your work ethic put you guys in this position. Its good to know hard work pays off, your Coachs have taught these young men a great lesson. I hope the parents of these kids are greatful.

:unsure: Glee I have to say I think you are a class act!! The majority of THS opponents would like nothing more than to see the Vikings crumble at Maryville’s feet. To me that’s as shallow as it gets. Myself …(and I’m sure the majority of the Viking fans feel the same way) I feel that THS is not only going out to win a State Championship, but we are defending the honor of Region 1 and the Mountain Lake Conference. These guys in Region 3 have never respected us as their equals and the Vikings are determined to let them know that we can also play football here in East Tenn.

So I have to say that our team appreciates your comments more than you will ever know, and I hope that others in this area will take heed and support THS as the representative of the Mountain Lake Conference.

Congratulations to your seniors on a great season!!! QUARTER FINALS… not to shabby for a young team! :D

thumb

825442422[/snapback]

Thanks 1tshelly, but the cudos go to both teams, coaches and fans. The class displayed by all last night can't be found in most places. You have the team to play with Maryville so take it to them. They are arrogant and respect no one. What a way to live?? Upper East TN. football is alive and well and let it be known. Besides, when you win it all, it'll make us all look that much better :D Get after it Vikings!! thumb