Franklin at Brentwood

FHSrebel27

Both the atmosphere and game will be amazing. Brentwood is really beat up and depth might play a part in this. They had JV guys finishing up the Ravenwood game on Friday and starters playing hurt. If they play with as much heart as they played with against Ravenwood, though, they'll have another W and be on their way to the semi's. GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by CALL4BRUINS

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh it can be bigger this. One of these teams will undoubtly experience bigger than this (either one for the 2nd time in as many years or the other for the 2nd time in three years.... tell me Williamson County doesn't have some of the best high school football in the state) but yes, for right now, I agree. No game this week except perhaps Maryville/Knox Central can come close to the atmosphere this game will have around it.

GO REBELS!

I'm in an inspirational mood tonight, so allow me to inspire the Franklin fan-base and the guys they support. The Boston Red Sox were not supposed to do what they did. But that's not what they thought. During the postseason, they had a saying they followed- "Why not us?" The 2004 Franklin Rebels were not supposed to do what they have done. They were not supposed to go 11-1. But even though they have, I suspect that they will not be the favorite this week. Brentwood beat them by a blocked extra point in the regular season and so thusly they should roll this week. Well to those that say that, I say "WHY NOT THE FRANKLIN REBELS?!" You group of seniors have worked four long years and it is paying off. And may it continue to- do NOT go out there and play your last game Friday! You work hard this week in preparation and go out there and once again, just do what you do. It'll work. It has eleven times this year. And I do believe it shall for a 12th.

I have followed these guys since they were sophomores. I'd like to think I'll get to see them one more time! Of course, taking it one at a time... but THREE MORE GAMES!

GO REBELS!

OK lets talk Franklin v. Brentwood three year history. For those who may not be familiar, both Ron Crawford and Tim Johnson are in their third year as head coaches. In 2002 Franklin went 11-2 losing to Brentwood in the regular season and again in the quarter final. Brentwood of course,went on to win the state.

In 2003 Brentwood was 11-2 losing to Franklin in the regular season in OT and then losing again in the quarter finals to Franklin.

This year Brentwood won the regular season 17-16 on a blocked xtra point.

I went back and compared scores against like opponents....that was kind of boring! The only real story was that somehow Brentwood managed to shutout Clarksville! I looked at all kinds of stats...there is no story there. Face it, when these two get together its just a matter of WHO WANTS IT MORE!

Edited by BigDogDaddy