Franklin at Brentwood

FHSrebel27

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There really isn't much more to say about this game-everyone knows the players, the coaches, the stakes, the history, the fans. Franklin and Brentwood both were not the obvious choices to get this far from Williamson County (seems to me another Williamson County team was the sexy pick). Both teams hit hard by graduation and breaking in new players at many posititions. Franklin fans want payback for this season's loss; Brentwood fans want payback for last season's loss. No need to break the game down-it will come down to a couple of plays. Franklin has a trick play per game-Jack Daniels is the master of trick plays. Just buckle up the chinstrap if your a player, go see your cardiologist if your a fan.

I just hope we have more porta potties than last week!

Speaking of trick plays .... FHS Rebel27 I wish you could see what I saw yesterday at practice. As Tennessee Tuxedo used to say ...."Fennias J. Whopee, your the greatest" Let me be the first to say "Danny Nowell, you are a genious"

note: some of you younger sports fans might have a hard time knowing who TN Tuxedo and Fennias J. Whopee are but ask your parents!

What do you guys think about the other side of the quarterfinals, Germantown and Houston(A huge rivalry game, both schools from same city, Germantwon,- schools are only about 5 miles apart) ?  Who do you all think will come out on top and who would you all like to play??  Just a little curiosity from the city of Germantown.

I also find it weird that the Houston Germantown game was one by Houston by one point also. 

I think all the quarterfinal games this week are pretty big rivalry game

825433880[/snapback]

Let's stay on topic buddy. This is Brentwood-Franklin

It's not that the offense isn't good. They average around 27 points per game and before Friday night their yards per play average was around six. So the game they play is ball control. Thought of the Franklin offense are also skewed by the fact that the offense they're running this year is FAR different from what they have in the past.

Brentwood has changed offenses 3 years straight, changing to Les Stekel's offense, then to Scott Sempenthelter's offense (sorry if I mispelled), and then back to Jack Daniel's football. Franklin will most likely pull out a trick play to get their first touchdown, hoping to catch the Bruins sleeping. The Bruin D is usually good at stopping trick plays, sometimes it isn't, I think for a big game like this they will step up and watch for it coming. Brentwood's offense was alive versus Ravenwood, I beleive that if Brentwood carries over their showing and plays like they did there, Franktown will be in for a long night. If the Bruins get complacent, Franklin has a chance to win big. Both teams will have to stay alert and play hard to stay in the game, lets see who goes 'all in' at the right time.

FHSREBEL27 - :) I'm #78, Ben Jackson, for the Bruins, disregard the OT thing, I changed to guard this year. I would love to talk to you after the game. I will be starting if you want to watch me.

Everyone - Been Fun talking to Franklin and Brentwood people alike, thanks for the last three years of your comments and concerns. Hopefully there are no injuries Friday on either side of the ball.

GO BRUINS! thumb

Edited by BruinsOT

One other Stat to consider relative to the Franklin Offense this year. The offense has been provided great field position all year, to the tune of 123 yards per game differance.

This creates a short field to work with, therby not putting up huge numbers from a offesive stat perspective, while still averaging 26 points per game.

Turnover battle also has gone the way of the Rebels this year at + 19.