Franklin at Brentwood

FHSrebel27

It's not a matter of who is hurt the most, though it mostly does have to do with the heart everyone plays with. In my oppinion, both of you should let the heart thing slide and deal with discussions about the game, this isn't something you want to argue over. But to add to that list I've been playing since the 2nd half of Centennial game with a broken shoulder, I just said life goes on and kept on playing. Also, I'm sorry to see that you wont be there FHSREBEL27, would've loved to have met you, maybe someday you will find a way to meet me or me meet you, you are a true and classy sports fan. :)

Now, to talk about the game again. I talked to numerous Brentwood players about how they will play Friday, and oddly I got the same answer almost every time. "I will play till the final whistle blows, or until I pass out from exhaustion." and "I will play until they physically come off the sidelines and drag me away." That shows that Brentwood despite the injuries they may have, will play until the game is over. I beleive they can hold up their end of the bargain, so the challenge is to see if Franktown can hold theirs up. Good health to the rebels, may leach get better, I look forward to pounding him into the ground (lineman talk) I would of course help him up afterward though :blink: Good luck to the Bruins.

"Games are won in the fourth quarter, the fourth quarter is won in the summer."

P.S. - I don't think FHSREBEL27 is cursed, I think he's blessed...but that's just from a Brentwood point of view I guess. REBEL, we'd love to have you on our sidelines at any game if thats how we play when your there thumb

Edited by BruinsOT

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I'm sorry to see that you wont be there FHSREBEL27, would've loved to have met you, maybe someday you will find a way to meet me or me meet you, you are a true and classy sports fan.  :)

P.S. - I don't think FHSREBEL27 is cursed, I think he's blessed...but that's just from a Brentwood point of view I guess. REBEL, we'd love to have you on our sidelines at any game if thats how we play when your there  thumb

825436235[/snapback]

Come play for the Indians down here at ULM... then I'd be able to meet ya AND pull for ya! I'm sure we could fit you in on our line. And haha, we'll see if I'm cursed when I'm in the 'Boro here in a couple weeks cheerin' on the Rebs! :blink:

Good luck Franklin from a Germantown guy. We enjoyed coming up there last year (not because we won, I'm not being an a-hole) y'all have a first class program and first class fans, I would love to play y'all in the semis again this year. Good luck with your game and hopefully we can take care of our business. Let's make this a regular rivalry:) Go Devils!! (and Rebels)

This game will be a very good defensive game. Franklin does not have that great of an offense, but they have a killer defense which is one big reason they will win this game. Brentwood has too many injuries coming into this game and Franklin will take advantage of that. If Ravenwood can almost beat Brentwood, Franklin certainly can with the defense they have.

Franklin-18

Brentwood-14

Come play for the Indians down here at ULM... then I'd be able to meet ya AND pull for ya! I'm sure we could fit you in on our line. And haha, we'll see if I'm cursed when I'm in the 'Boro here in a couple weeks cheerin' on the Rebs!

I'd love too, if they sent me a scholarship, why don't you talk to their Recruiter <_<

Good luck Franklin from a Germantown guy. We enjoyed coming up there last year (not because we won, I'm not being an a-hole) y'all have a first class program and first class fans, I would love to play y'all in the semis again this year. Good luck with your game and hopefully we can take care of our business. Let's make this a regular rivalry:) Go Devils!! (and Rebels)

I think this is in response too the fact they don't wanna get beat by Brentwood at home again. ;) GO BRUINS! May the Rebels have the worst of luck. May their whole first team miss the bus, may their fans show up at Howard Gamble thinking it's a home game, may they get all the bad calls, and may they tie their shoolaces together.

I'd love too, if they sent me a scholarship, why don't you talk to their Recruiter  :lol:

I think this is in response too the fact they don't wanna get beat by Brentwood at home again.  :angry:  GO BRUINS! May the Rebels have the worst of luck. May their whole first team miss the bus, may their fans show up at Howard Gamble thinking it's a home game, may they get all the bad calls, and may they tie their shoolaces together.

825436462[/snapback]

Well I'm sure they don't want to get beat by us at home either! :) I do think whoever wins this Friday night will go on and win next week and thus be in the 'Boro. Come on Brentwood, y'all got to do it two years ago. Let us have another try at making it to the big dance! ;)

GO REBELS!

Oh it can be bigger this. One of these teams will undoubtly experience bigger than this (either one for the 2nd time in as many years or the other for the 2nd time in three years.... tell me Williamson County doesn't have some of the best high school football in the state) but yes, for right now, I agree. No game this week except perhaps Maryville/Knox Central can come close to the atmosphere this game will have around it.

GO REBELS!

825432586[/snapback]

Rebel27 - Lipscomb/Goodpasture will be as electric as Franklin/Brentwood.

Was "The Legend" Terry Jackson involved in this?  I have heard of this tale before.  I believe the head was held hostage on Stable Road for a while.

825436914[/snapback]

Terry was not involved in the actual "theft." The head was taken following a region final basketball game in which the then arch rival Columbia Lions, led by future Vanderbilt star and North Carolina State athletic director Lee Fowler soundly defeated the Rebels. Franklin-Columbia in those days was a very intense rivalry. Franklin had beaten the Lions twice that season, but the Rebels were way out of this game by the half. Wondering why the Columbia Lion mascot at times left his head resting on the floor, some mischievous students (four varsity football players) schemed to snatch the head off the floor at the end of the game. Sure enough, when the final horn sounded and the Lion faithful celebrated, the head remained on the floor.

The Columbia gym had exit doors underneath one of the baskets. The four football players formed a human relay. One of them (I will not say who) snatched the head off the floor and threw it to his teammate positioned outside the door who in turn threw it to to yet another unnamed former Rebel and the four of them raced to their car. Fortunately none of Columbia's finest pulled them over as they sped back to Franklin to enjoy a post-game meal at the Holiday Restaurant....TO BE CONTINUED...IT GETS MUCH BETTER