Goodpasture @ David Lipscomb

howudoin

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Mustangs will be looking for their 4th straight over the boys from the pasture, and I expect a battle as always. Will all of the emotion that comes with the game be present as normal? Who knows? The DLHS students have been far from enthusiastic over the first 2 rounds of the playoffs. A measley 29 students were at kickoff for the start of the East Robertson game. Come on guys, get behind this group of players. They deserve way better than that. Also, as the Mustangs scored the first TD agains East, I saw maybe 5 parents stand up to cheer. I know its cold, but get out of your seats and cheer. You never know which week is going to be the last for this special group of guys. So next week get there and be loud as the greatest rivalry in 2A football occurs for the 2nd time this season.

Go Stangaroos!

The Mustangs will be looking for their 4th straight over the boys from the pasture, and I expect a battle as always.  Will all of the emotion that comes with the game be present as normal? Who knows? The DLHS students have been far from enthusiastic over the first 2 rounds of the playoffs.  A measley 29 students were at kickoff for the start of the East Robertson game.  Come on guys, get behind this group of players. They deserve way better than that.  Also, as the Mustangs scored the first TD agains East, I saw maybe 5 parents stand up to cheer.  I know its cold, but get out of your seats and cheer. You never know which week is going to be the last for this special group of guys.  So next week get there and be loud as the greatest rivalry in 2A football occurs for the 2nd time this season.

Go Stangaroos!

825430164[/snapback]

I would have to agree we were at the game last night on East's side. We (East) seemed to have more fans and spirit. Get behind your guys DL they are a class act. If you get up and cheer you will warm up. On another note DL football players are a great bunch guys. The football players at East have nothing but good things to say about their attitudes on the field. Great program!! Since East is out we will be routing for DL all the way.

Yea I wouldn't worry too much about DL's fans. First 2 games were blowouts pretty much ... and it is hard to be really enthusiastic when your team is beating them that bad, but nevertheless you should be behind your team at all times. But do you seriously think that we wouldn't bring out a HUGE crowd for the Lipscomb-Goodpasture game? If any of ya'll went to the game in the regular season at Goodpasture, you know we had an awesome cheering section, and this is the playoffs. So we'll be back, no worries. And if Lipscomb does pull out a victory, the coaches will definitely get them ready for Alcoa.

Yea I wouldn't worry too much about DL's fans. First 2 games were blowouts pretty much ... and it is hard to be really enthusiastic when your team is beating them that bad, but nevertheless you should be behind your team at all times. But do you seriously think that we wouldn't bring out a HUGE crowd for the Lipscomb-Goodpasture game? If any of ya'll went to the game in the regular season at Goodpasture, you know we had an awesome cheering section, and this is the playoffs. So we'll be back, no worries. And if Lipscomb does pull out a victory, the coaches will definitely get them ready for Alcoa.

825430850[/snapback]

...Oh Bama, here we go. First off, it's hard to be enthusiastic when you, yourself, weren't there...huh, caught you on that one. Moving on, I get on the boards today to find posts from East Robertson fans talking about how disappointing the DL fans were, and I can do nothing but agree.

I will have to say that I was disappointed in the fans for DL.  East had more fans than DL did.  Get out and support your team!! They are a good bunch of players and have a tremendous shot at a state title again!

825430862[/snapback]

I would have to agree we were at the game last night on East's side.  We (East) seemed to have more fans and spirit.  Get behind your guys DL they are a class act.  If you get up and cheer you will warm up.

825430491[/snapback]

...And Bama, you have no idea how much it pains me to quote pauladcc, but I am gonna take one for the team. I was at the game (before kickoff) and I honestly do not believe that a single student in the "student section" even clapped by the third touchdown. Truthfully, I am not too worried about your attendance for Goodpasture, but the past 2 weeks have been below par to say the least. DL fans, I have heard certain ones of you commenting on the quality of the fans and the spirit at the volleyball games. Then I see what I saw last night, maybe that was just the football players showing their support at the VB games. Get out there and support your Stangs.

I probably was at the game ... yea ... but hey you sure did catch me on that one ...

I'm not too worried about the student section for the Goodpasture game and the rest of the playoffs if we advance cause I know we'll bring out a huge crowd from now on. Hey we should have had a huge crowd from the beginning of the playoffs but there is nothing we can do now is there ...

Goodpasture-Lipscomb is always a great game. How has Patrick Turner been doing so far in the playoffs? And do ya'll think Lipscomb will be able to shut him down like they pretty much did last time? It's extremely hard to totally shut him down cause he's such a good athlete. But I think Lipscomb can limit his receptions to short gains instead of the huge long gains he has the ability to get.

I probably was at the game ... yea ... but hey you sure did catch me on that one ...

I'm not too worried about the student section for the Goodpasture game and the rest of the playoffs if we advance cause I know we'll bring out a huge crowd from now on. Hey we should have had a huge crowd from the beginning of the playoffs but there is nothing we can do now is there ...

Goodpasture-Lipscomb is always a great game. How has Patrick Turner been doing so far in the playoffs? And do ya'll think Lipscomb will be able to shut him down like they pretty much did last time? It's extremely hard to totally shut him down cause he's such a good athlete. But I think Lipscomb can limit his receptions to short gains instead of the huge long gains he has the ability to get.

825430935[/snapback]

Oh to be in the "I got in free at half-time" crowd and claim to be in attendance. Anyway, good point, nothing you can do now. On to the game, I am suffering withdrawals from Cougar Meat. If that could be arranged, I don't know what it would take, but, for the love, let's get it done. Nothing excites a student body more than a genius in a cowboy hat!

825430935[/snapback]

Bama, I am pretty sure there is no chance the DL student section for GP will rival the ones from the last two years. I have only been to one game, which was a blowout, but I was still dissapointed in the showing. Just because the team is that good, or the teams they play are that bad, does not mean you shouldnt show up and support(especially in the regular season when it was free.) The Jr. class this year in my opinion is spoiled. They have seen a State Champ, a runner up, and a grand total of 4 losses. The majority of the best spirited people in the SR. class are on the field so they have an excuse. The fresh and sophs are just nonexistant. The last three years the away crowds at games like Houston Co. were double the size of DL's playoff home crowds. Something is wrong with that. This is not a dig at you, more a collective dig at the students as a whole. I hope that the rest of the playoffs they are better than DL has ever seen. They will need it against Alcoa, that is if they win this week. 2Aguru called out the parents, ths really just a lost cause. I have never seen a worse group of alumni/parents at any school. The only reason they would be standing up is to go to the bathroom or concession. Anyway...this really isnt all on subject, but should be an area of concern. As a graduate, it is somewhat embarassing to see such a weak student body.