camden beats Huntingdon

milan05

Oh I was there alright.  I saw Huntingdon run up and down the field all night on the Camden defense (300+ yds rushing) and kill themselves with turnovers.  I saw Camden rush for 90 something yards on the night and I saw them score 14 of their points as a result of 2 blown coverages in pass defense.  Camden led by 1 going into the 4th quarter and Huntingdon dominated the 4th to pull away.

All I asked was what has changed to make you think Camden will win.  I never said anything about who was gonna win.  Read the posts and then respond if you want but don't try to put words in my mouth.

825430529[/snapback]

Turnovers and blown coverages are part of the game. If you wanna go that route, let's say Camden doesn't spot Huntingdon 14 points in the first quarter.... Doesn't miss a tackle on a big play. If, if, if, if.... All part of the game.

Here is why I think things have changed since week 6. Camden's defense. Probably getting beat by H-town was the best thing that's happened to them, because since that game, they have been splittin' wigs! They have been playing solid rush defense. I don't think they have allowed 100 yards to any back since that game.

Also, Markham's arm has improved immensely. He's hitting his stride at the right time. Boyd has been on fire. But even better than all that, we have a few more weapons you gotta watch out for now. Yoder had 75 yards on 5 carries last night. Not too shabby....

I will also agree before it is said, that Huntingdon has just as many weapons. But this is the playoffs, and things are different here. It will be a hard hitting game. Very physical, and I hope there are no injuries. Good luck to both teams! Go Lions.

Brew would you agree that the winner of this game likely goes on to the 'Boro?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turnovers and blown coverages are part of the game. If you wanna go that route, let's say Camden doesn't spot Huntingdon 14 points in the first quarter.... Doesn't miss a tackle on a big play. If, if, if, if.... All part of the game.

Here is why I think things have changed since week 6. Camden's defense. Probably getting beat by H-town was the best thing that's happened to them, because since that game, they have been splittin' wigs! They have been playing solid rush defense. I don't think they have allowed 100 yards to any back since that game.

Also, Markham's arm has improved immensely. He's hitting his stride at the right time. Boyd has been on fire. But even better than all that, we have a few more weapons you gotta watch out for now. Yoder had 75 yards on 5 carries last night. Not too shabby....

I will also agree before it is said, that Huntingdon has just as many weapons. But this is the playoffs, and things are different here. It will be a hard hitting game. Very physical, and I hope there are no injuries. Good luck to both teams! Go Lions.

Brew would you agree that the winner of this game likely goes on to the 'Boro?

825430754[/snapback]

Good info. That's what I was wanting. I know Huntingdon is playing better defense that it was during the middle stretch of the season when Westview, Camden and Milan all had success moving the ball. I gathered from what I've read about Camden that they have made steady improvement also. I expect it to come down to turnovers and mistakes. I consider blown assignments, penalties and having the ball stripped because you're carrying it to loose to be more mental mistakes than physical deficiences. A lot of times the missed tackles you referred to are more a result of skilled runners than poor tackling.

As for the Boro part, let's just wait and see. Milan totally dominated the line of scrimmage in our previous matchup. It will be interesting to see how they match up with Carver, who I know very little about.

I expect Camden to bring just as big a crowd (if not bigger) Friday night as Huntingdon brought in Week 6. Add in the Bruceton, McKenzie, WEst Carroll, etc. folks and it should be a great atmosphere for a high school game. Let's just hope the players get to decide it on the field and not have the refs take over like they are prone to do.

I couldn't agree more. What happened in the past game is just that. In the Past. Both teams have improved and whoever wants it more will win the game. I'm just glad at least one 6-aa team will see the semi-finals. I would normally predict a score, but this could go either way. It all depends on how many mistakes will be made and who decides too cash in on them.

Camden may have improved, I don't know. Alot of improvement can be because of the caliber of teams your playing. If that team is no good, you look like you've improved. Huntingdon has improved defensively but they need hampton full speed on offense to make it go. Huntingdon is absolutely dominating both sides of the line of scrimmage. Turnovers and penalties are killing them. I'll stick with my early season prediction: Huntingdon versus Milan in the semi's, Huntingdon versus Alcoa in the finals. thumb

It's the playoffs DearOldDad! The calibur of competition has moved up a bit. The last two weeks Camden has played the tougher competition because we were a two seed. We have dominated both games. Word from Mustang Country neither of the two playoff games Huntingdon played was pretty. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't have to be pretty to get a win, and great teams find a way to win, but big mistakes hurt the further you get into the playoffs.

This is going to be the best game of the year. I can't even imagine how many people are going to be there, people will come from all over west and middle TN to see this one. TSSAA is gonna rack up on this one. Paul Ward Satdium will be swamped, I expect more than the Huntington-Milan game last year, easy.

Camden is playing their best ball, and are peaking at the right time. They have been on a roll, especially defensively. They will have to bring everything to the table to stop Huntington. Both teams are equally matched up, IMO, Markham probably the better QB though.

Wow, I wish I could make this one, should be a great atmosphere with two great teams going at it. I hope for an injury-free game, and a Lions victory!

I know I'm going to get slammed for this but Camden fans will know what I mean...there is a feeling of destiny surrounding the Lions now...if Coach Ward puts together a game plan like he has the past 2 weeks and the Lions execute like they have been...this team is unstoppable with no exaggeration intended...and yes I have a biased point of view...but I would never make that kind of bold statement against such a great team if it was something I didn't truly feel and something this team truly believes...the first time you heard the team say.."I'm pretty sure we can beat Huntingdon"...now you hear them say "When we beat Huntingdon"...and its not something they think...its something they know...Huntingdon fans do you remember what it felt like when you went after Milan last year...that kind of hunger, focus and determination?...that's what's going through Camden's head right now...we know, we know...you've been there done that...well now its Camden's turn.

Please don't take this as boasting or trying to slam the Mustangs cause like someone said earlier you have to beat someone before you can boast...but again Camden fans and players understand what I'm talking about...its a feeling.

Camden wins this one! Camden will jump on Huntingdon early and hold them off late...i like camden to win 28-14. Camden's defense is playing very well right now, and Huntingdon off is not. Huntingdon will be not be READY to play(mentally), and camden will. The Mustangs will mess around and get penalty after penalty-and have a few fumbles during crucial times. Camden plays smart and wins with good def. I will be at the game, in a camo jacket, right below the pressbox standing up on the left side facing the field. And I will still be standing there after all the Huntingdon players and family are crying the eyes out watching Camden stomp off the field with the win. GO DAWGS!