CAMDEN AT HUNTINGTON ROUND 2

badcompanybaseball

badcompanybaseball,

A lot of teams change their offensive strategy inside the "red zone". Don't really know that that is what hurt Cheatham Co. but, I feel it may have hurt Huntingdon some this season. I know it hurt McKenzie several times this season. Cheatham Co. was a good team this season (and last season) but, they didn't have the talent of Huntingdon. That's the bottom line. Just be glad the Mustangs didn't have one of their "signature" nights when the Cubs were there at Paul Ward Stadium.

As far as I'm concerned, there are going to be some changes next season that will, in effect, end what has come to be a great rivalry between two regions (5AA and 6AA). These regions are going to be all changed up after this season and i think it's a shame. But, it's been fun while it lasted.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep hearing that Cheatham would drive downfield running the football but then continually attempt to pass the ball in the redzone, turning the ball over in the process. If Cheatham had ran the ball then would Huntington still be playing? From what i hear they wouldn't be, but of course, that is just what i hear not what i know. I expect Camden to come out fired up, just as they did with Fairview, get some big special teams plays and win the game. Camden wins 35-20

825434268[/snapback]

Cheatham County didn't drive anywhere. They had two big running plays which accounted for about 100 of the 160 rushing yds. they had for the game. I actually only remember them getting within the 30 yd line or so once, but could be mistaken on that.

Guest catfish-hunter
Cheatham County didn't drive anywhere. They had two big running plays which accounted for about 100 of the 160 rushing yds. they had for the game. I actually only remember them getting within the 30 yd line or so once, but could be mistaken on that.

825435222[/snapback]

mustang69 is right guys!!! Cheatham's Landon Jones did have two big runs, but outside of that the Cubs could not get anything going to offense. The Huntingdon defensive line simply dominated the game from start to finish and although Donald and Weathers did not break off huge running plays against the Cheatham defense, they continuously got those 4,5,6 yard carries on first down to put themselves in third down and short situations. If it was third and 5-8 yards, then Huntingdon was going to run that little end around play to Weathers. If it was third and 1-2 yards, then Crocker was going to sneak it as soon as he put his hands under center. It seemed like they would go on first sound or it would be just a quick snap to catch the Cubs defense off guard. I don't know what Camden held Fairview's Bobby Martin to stat wise on the night, but I know that Cheatham shut down Martin for the most part of their game with Fairview. With the exception of two good runs, Martin went nowhere against Cheatham. I said last week that if Cheatham could prevent giving up the big gainers to Huntingdon, then they'd win the game but what I didn't know is that Huntingdon's defense would play out of their minds in the game. They were the better team and I wish them the best on a repeat!!! I also said that Camden had me choking on my words last weekend and I wish them the best as well because to beat Lewis County and Fairview by 30-points in back-to-back weeks is a major accomplishment.

hey blueEyes do you go to the practices? or know the coaches and/or players personally to know all of  you inside stuff? im not trying to disscredit any information you give us, just curious, because i am not around there anymore to see whats goin on and when i do get on here to read the posts just wanna know how some people know things to make sure its right. like i said you might can tell the D has changed from just watching the games, but i have only been back home a couple times to see them play and dont know anything. thanks! and goodluck to the mustangs this week, it looks like many people are having a hard time deciding who will win like last year against milan.

825434307[/snapback]

trogdor... I'm like most of the former Mustangs who keep up with the team. Any fan that still lives here in Huntingdon could tell you the same as I do but they don't read or post on CoachT. Camden could win this game but if Huntingdon plays ball they will win and I think Camden thinks they can win. Big difference in think and know. I think Camden has only defeated the Mustangs 9 times since 1930 but the past doesn't mean doodley now does it. Huntingdon knows it's going to be a tough contest. In the back of Camden head is knowing H'don came back on them and defeated them in Camden. Like I said in an earlier post, if the Lions win my hat is off to them.. We're waiting.. The answer to your questions at the beginning of your post is YES to all of the above! thumb

I had only heard that about Cheatham Country, I didn't know it for a fact thanks for clearing that up. Camden completely shutdown Fairview's Bobby Martin i think he might have had around forty yards on the night and thats with about twenty carries i'd say. He was an 1800 yard rusher and he had a great year. It was the first time this season that he had been held below the 100 yard mark.

Yes, we have nothing better to do in Huntingdon then find ways to cheat people out of ballgames. The people that post nonsense on the boards need to find something else to do. Good luck Friday night Mustangs! ;) Seniors, just remember when you were in the 8th grade and played Camden and Desmond got his arm broken. We waited over 20 minutes for the ambulance.Remember how rude the people from Camden were and that their cheerleaders kept right on cheering. Just remember that night guys. <_<

Edited by croc1

I have friends in Camden and they have said that the lion faithful will be bringin a ton of fans. Wonder how many? Doesnt matter if ya'll bring 1 fan, because huntingdon will lose this won!!!!!! Us Dawgs fans brought around 2500 to the first game against the Stangs last yr. But give a estimate on the amount expected?