Rockwood @ Alcoa

RHSfootball1

No team should be garbage, no matter who the team is, to any other team. Doesnt matter if they are as good Alcoa. If one team thinks of another team as garbage, then that team has no sportsmanship what-so-ever. How can you make Alcoa a "royal flush" and Rockwood "a pair of 2's" when Alcoa has lost just as many games as Rockwod has? If you ask me and are all of a sudden comparing teams as poker hands, then I would say they are both evenly "straights." Enough about poker comparisons. Unlike last come-a-round, Rockwood will be coming prepared and ready to play. About Billy Moffitt, from what I have heard, he came close to breaking his ankle, if not broken, when playing against Gatlinburg-Pittman. So in a lot of people's eyes, that brings Rockwood's running team down a notch or two. Moffitt was a big part of the team, but Matt Goddard will have no problem in replacing Moffitt's shoes. Good luck to Rockwood and take it to'em boys! Go Tigers!!

825433754[/snapback]

You are correct that they have both lost 1 game. In case you didn't know, Alcoa lost to Maryville--one of the best teams in the state--in a hard fought game. Rockwood got absolutely destroyed by Alcoa 35-0. This is a game that was over well before the bands were playing at halftime. Alcoa played their whole team in the 2nd half--including their freshmen. I don't know how you arrived at the conclusion that because Maryville beat Alcoa and Alcoa beat Rockwood that the two teams are both even straights?!?!?!?!?! I call your bluff. And Alcoa will call Rockwood's bluff again on Friday night. When Rockwood goes "all in," Alcoa will drop their royal flush down and push the weaker opponent out of the tournament. Next victim...David Lipscomd.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Football, this thread is about football. If you want to talk about garbage go to the

Fred Sanford thread.

I apologize to the Rockwood fans for a couple of Alcoa fans that got a little carried away. I assure you that most of us have nothing but respect for Rockwood. I really don't understand how anybody can call a one loss team playing in the quarter finals of the playoffs garbage.

Had anyone read my first post they would see that I never called Rockwood garbage. Somebody else did that. All I said was that they are garbage when compared to Alcoa and above average when compared with the other 2A teams. I also said that their coaches do a good job. It is true, their coaches have done a great job with that tallent they have. Unfortunately Alcoa is also well coached and is loaded with tallent that would scare most 4A and 5A coaches. I was told that Alcoa and Rockwood are evenly matched because they have both lost a game. I just wanted to point out that that argument doesn't hold up when Rockwood's one loss was to Alcoa and Alcoa's one loss was to Maryville. I also thought my poker talk was pretty funny and clever.

you sound like you should be at the world series of poker instead of talking bad about an 11-1 trashy football team. honestly i dont see how an 11-1 team can be garbage. look at these teams. alcoa 11-1, david lipscomb 11-1, oak ridge 11-1, dobynns bynnet 11-1 so dont tell me or anybody else on this thread that rockwood is garbage when these teams and us are the best teams in the state still playing football.

Edited by themagicrooster

Those who think Rockwood is garbage have what is normally called Brain Rot and have aboslutely no understanding of football and couldn't even make the team but sure can get on here and run their mouths. Obviously their parents don't care enough about them to teach them anything.

Go back to your holes losers!

# 2 in the Region and # 5 in the state.

If your so intent on using the garbage label then Alcoa is the garbage team in Blount County.

825433858[/snapback]

so you're saying that people who talk about football on internet message boards are a product of bad parenting? And then...after your speech about why people shouldn't run their mouth, you come up with a genius catch-phrase of your own:

Go back to your holes losers!

So far you fit both the criteria for which you have thoughtfully and carefully labled others.

1. You talk on internet message boards

2. You run your mouth

I guess we should all learn a lesson here. If you disagree with this man, you have bad parents AND you're a loser.