South Side & Greenbrier

SSmitty

Greenbrier meets SS....I am picking the most disciplined team in this one.....a Region 5 team from a little northwest of Nashville...a sleepy little town....a place to raise your kids and feel safe...........but the only place safe for SS will be if you are on the sidelines for this one.

The community is behind this team like no other.......this team is together!!!!!

They are not on an adventure...they are not on a quest.....they are on a mission....yes folks...a mission. I can't find much in the form of weakness from Greenbrier....and when they are clicking on all cylinders....look out! They are more like a machine...they don't have flashy type players.....but they are "hungry" and this team is very deep. They don't panic and everyone knows their role.

I am sure SS has a very good team and deserves to be in this game..........that being said.......I know that the SS QB had a big game against Crockett....but the pressure he will get from the Bobcat defense will be very intense.....there will be times when you think the defense has 14 players on the field at one time. It will be hard for him to throw or run  while he is flat on his back.

SS may have more speed .....if you over pursue Herndon and Co. will be tossing the football to the ref in the endzone. In that respect, SS will have problems with misdirection. If you stay "home" you will get run over or picked to pieces by the passing game. The GB passing game is very underrated.

SS will have to have "BIG PLAYS" to win and I don't see GB giving those up. I wonder when the last time a 3a team marched the ball down the throat of GB?

825431489[/snapback]

Bulldog-

Greenbrier needs to be way more concerned with Southside's defense than their offense. Some nights they have trouble scoring, some nights ther offense is solid.

But that defense is awesome. It is the best defense we have seen easily since we lost to Ridgeway in the quarterfinals two years ago. They are very big and strong up front, and thier linebackers and DB's absolutely fly to the football. We had several instances where it looked as if we might break runs to the outside for big gains and wind up losing yards instead. Your quarterback will not be able to float a pass in either. If a throw doesn't have a lot of zip, it's going to be headed back the other way.

This game should be a war. I'm not going to say one team has an advantage- both are capable of winning this game. SHould be one of the best games in the state that night.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FIRST OF ALL CONGRADULATIONS TO CROCKETT COUNTY ON A GOOD YEAR AGAIN, YOU GUYS WERE YOUNG AND TALENTED AND OVER ACHIEVED BY FAR. ALSO I WOULD LIKE SAY GOOD GAME TO SOUTHSIDE AND THEIR PLAYERS. ON THOUGHTS OF THIS THIRD ROUND MATCHUP, IT WILL BE VERY HARD FOR THE BOBCATS TO COME IN AND BEAT THE HAWKS AT HOME. THEIR DEFENSE IS PLAYING VERY WELL AND THE TEAM IS EMOTIONALLY HIGH BEING THIS IS THEIR FIRST YEAR IN THE QUARTER FINALS SINCE 2000. IT MIGHT SOUND LIKE AN EARLY PREDICTION, BUT THIS HAWK TEAM SOUNDS A LOT LIKE THE CROCKETT COUNTY TEAM IN 2001(STATE-RUNNER-UP) THAT HAD A VERY SOLID DEFENSE AND A GOOD ENOUGH OFFENSE TO PLAY FIFTEEN GAMES. I REALLY DONT THINK THAT GREENBRIER WILL HAVE THE SAME AMOUNT OF TEAM SPEED THAT SOUTHSIDE WILL HAVE SO ILL GO WITH THEM HAWKS BY 11.

SOUTHSIDE 21

GREEBRIER 10

thumb

I keep hearing posters talking about JSS's defense and team speed but GB has one of the best defenses in 3A and held teams like David Lipscomb and Ky power Fort Campbell to less than 2 TD's. This team flys all over the place itself. Last week when we made some bonehead plays and through INTS McNairy Center players had wide open paths to the endzone and were run down, FROM BEHIND, twice. Teams think they can get to the corner and find themselfs run out of bounds. Their front line comes through and chases back down, from behind. There is no escape from this team. You may have something that works for a while but the coaching staff will figure it out and plug that hole. How many ex-division 1 players does JSS have on the side with them coaching. GB has 4. That experience means alot. You can talk about all the speed JSS has but GB will come with their on speed and it'll be a fun night.

That's alright, Vol-n-tears, let them think we have no team speed. I love it when you can come in under the radar and surprise folks.

NOT ONCE this year have you heard anyone say or seen anyone write that Greenbrier has "atheletes". But, all year, we have kept up with teams that are labeled "athletic" or "full of atheletes". I actually think we do better against "athletic" teams.

Greenbrier has a team full of atheletes. Along with many other factors, that has been one of the secrets to their success.......SPEED & ATHLETICISM!

I know that GB will but won't WH continue with home field for one more game?  That's the way it worked for GB last year.

825431570[/snapback]

Only Regions 5 and 8 (in the west) get the guaranteed 4 games in the playoffs depending on the odd and even years. Region 6 can only get 3 home games in the even years just like Region 7 can only get 3 home games in odd years.

That's alright, Vol-n-tears, let them think we have no team speed.  I love it when you can come in under the radar and surprise folks. 

NOT ONCE this year have you heard anyone say or seen anyone write that Greenbrier has "atheletes".  But, all year, we have kept up with teams that are labeled "athletic" or "full of atheletes".  I actually think we do better against "athletic" teams. 

Greenbrier has a team full of atheletes.  Along with many other factors, that has been one of the secrets to their success.......SPEED & ATHLETICISM!

825432337[/snapback]

Why would anyone need to say that Greenbrier has atheletes? You are the Number 2 team in the state. Everyone knows you have atheletes. I'm sure no one considers Herndon an athelete, he's only a Mr. Football finalist.

So I'd like to be the first this year to say that the Greenbrier Bobcats are "athletic" and "full of atheletes".

Give me a break. Number 2 team in the state and he's whining.

Bring the speed and atheleticism to the Nest this Friday, and it will be settled on the field.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me assure JSS that Greenbrier is not number 2 in the state for no reason. Surely you guys in Jackson don't think Greenbrier will be a pushover? Greenbrier has what it takes to bring the wood, and don't fool yourselves into thinking they won't.

Our teams have played each other for years, and I've yet to see a year where the Blue Devils don't get pumped up to play this game. They know that Greenbrier has got the defense and the playmakers to give them a hard fought game and we're not even a region game (yet).

So don't kid yourselves into thinking there are no athletic strongarms on the Bobcats team. You'll only be surprised.

Wish I could see this one, but I'll make a predicition anyway.

Greenbrier 21

JSS 17

What's the stadium like at Jackson South Side?  Is it on campus?  How many people can it hold?...

825432658[/snapback]

South Side's stadium is on campus. It is located across the street from the school. Not sure how many people it will hold, but there is plenty of room along the fences on both sidelines if you can't find a seat.

Looking forward to this one. Godd luck to both teams.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!

FIRST OF ALL CONGRADULATIONS TO CROCKETT COUNTY ON A GOOD YEAR AGAIN, YOU GUYS WERE YOUNG AND TALENTED AND OVER ACHIEVED BY FAR. ALSO I WOULD LIKE SAY GOOD GAME TO SOUTHSIDE AND THEIR PLAYERS. ON THOUGHTS OF THIS THIRD ROUND MATCHUP, IT WILL BE VERY HARD FOR THE BOBCATS TO COME IN AND BEAT THE HAWKS AT HOME. THEIR DEFENSE IS PLAYING VERY WELL AND THE TEAM IS EMOTIONALLY HIGH BEING THIS IS THEIR FIRST YEAR IN THE QUARTER FINALS SINCE 2000. IT MIGHT SOUND LIKE AN EARLY PREDICTION, BUT THIS HAWK TEAM SOUNDS A LOT LIKE THE CROCKETT COUNTY TEAM IN 2001(STATE-RUNNER-UP) THAT HAD A VERY SOLID DEFENSE AND A GOOD ENOUGH OFFENSE TO PLAY FIFTEEN GAMES. I REALLY DONT THINK THAT GREENBRIER WILL HAVE THE SAME AMOUNT OF TEAM SPEED THAT SOUTHSIDE WILL HAVE SO ILL GO WITH THEM HAWKS BY 11.

SOUTHSIDE 21

GREEBRIER 10

thumb

825431901[/snapback]

We'll see... we'll see...