South Side & Greenbrier

SSmitty

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think yall are underestimating South Side. They have one of the best defences around. I know that yall have a good defense too but there is no way that yalls defense will be able to stop Corey Stevenson. He is our wr. It seems everytime we throw him the ball he scores a touchdown. We would probably only have one loss right now if he had been playing all season but he was hurt the first three or four games.

I think yall are underestimating South Side. They have one of the best defences around. I know that yall have a good defense too but there is no way that yalls defense will be able to stop Corey Stevenson. He is our wr. It seems everytime we throw him the ball he scores a touchdown. We would probably only have one loss right now if he had been playing all season but he was hurt the first three or four games.

I think yall are underestimating South Side.  They have one of the best defences around.  I know that yall have a good defense too but there is no way that yalls defense will be able to stop Corey Stevenson.  He is our wr.  It seems everytime we throw him the ball he scores a touchdown.  We would probably only have one loss right now if he had been playing all season but he was hurt the first three or four games.

825439822[/snapback]

I agree with you 100%. I think that we will suprise everyone. Two of the losses that we had we several key players out with injuries and should have posted wins. The last 3 games have been very impressive.Corey has made some fantastic catches and since Marshal has taken the role of QB(Which was a change that was definatley for the good) our team has been unstopable. Our boys have played with lots of heart. Good luck HAWKS!! Make South Jackson proud!

if you want to go back and play the if game, we can do that too. if you look at our schedule the only loss we have is to one of best teams in 4a, WhiteHouse. If Kyle Gainous and Clint Russell had not have been injured the prior week we could have very easily had a chance to pull out that upset, but lets face it injuries happen, thats football. i think this will be a very good team, but dont fool yourselfs saying you have a guy that will run all over Greenbrier because no one has done it all year. Austin Rogers from DL is a great player that was held to very low numbers against Greenbrier.They also have only one loss and we are that team. Look for a very defensive first half in which Greenbrier will get all of its kinks out and then show everyone why they are one of, if not the best team in the state

David Lipscomb, White House and Greenbrier bringing state championships back to the Mid-State 2a 3a and 4a wouldnt this be great, White House undefeated State Champs, Greenbrier one loss to a State Champ and also winning the 3a title, and finally DL State Champs 2a also one loss to the the 3a State Champs hopefully but who knows best luck to all 3 this weekend

one of their losses came from a good jackson central merry team but one of the losses came from a 4-6 magnet school... now we have greenbrier with only ONE loss to a 12-0 potential 4a state champion team... if i was a JSS fan i would not be tryin to talk about how they lost a few close games.. GREENBRIER WILL WIN BIG 28-0

Guest catfish-hunter

I hope that the right about now the Greenbrier Bobcats football players are getting plenty of rest because tomorrow is just another obstacle for those guys as they march towards their ultimate goal, that being a state championship trophy. I know that these guys do not want to feel that same hurt that they suffered in last year's semifinal loss to Covington, so that is why I think that they will board the bus tomorrow and head to Jackson as a focused football team with one goal in mind. Best of luck to the Greenbrier Bobcats in this one and although we are both no longer in region five, I hope that you guys claim the gold ball to represent our region proudly. Hope everyone has a safe trip to and from the game tomorrow evening!!!

Everything points to a Greenbrier "W". I'm not sure what the power rating is for both teams, but the Bobcats play a tough schedule and judging from their scores really haven't played much bad football.

The Greenbrier defense seems to be able to step up and shut down teams when needed. Can't see that changing this friday.

Good luck to the Bobcats. Remember your buddies in WH, 'cause I believe our game will be a really tough one.

Players of Week (in RC Times):

Roger Herndon

Jacob Aldridge

Cameron Armes

How could Daniel Pryne be overlooked for player of the week?????

I dont make it to many games but dang he had a GAME AND A HALF......

825440186[/snapback]

That must have been a prediction for tomorrow night's game. Daniel is one of the players of the week in Wednesday's (11/17/2004) edition of RCTimes. And I agree he's been having GREAT games. I'm sure he'll be looking to lay some hits tomorrow night----and a couple of INT's wouldn't hurt either. thumb