Ridgeway at Melrose

timbdp

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ridgeway has been on a roll after going 0-4....7 straight....and melrose has struggled their past two games and i think if our boys come out focused and fired up then we might just pull this one out

825431600[/snapback]

With Ridgeway moving to 5A next year, it is good to see what may be the last meeting of these teams for a while, be such a big game. Many Orange Mound kids have attended Ridgeway over the years. There is history in this game. It's going to be a tough backyard battle with Melrose winning another close Region 8 contest. Melrose Golden Wildcat 4 Life!

I knew this game would materialize. Ridgeway's record is not indicative of how good they are. This is going to be a hard faught battle. The last time I saw Rideway play is when they use to lose those classic Melrose/Rideway battles when Melrose was in 3A. I have not seen them play since they moved up to 4A. That being said, I'm looking forward to the up and comming battle between 2 excellent and well coached teams. I'm leaning towards Melrose because I've seen them play. I will say this ... IF Melrose does not change it's fumbling ways ... this will be their last game this year. Melrose's offense repeatedly shot themselves in the foot throughout the game, and still won it! Don't misunderstand me either ... Melrose has many many weapons on offense ... BESIDES their Mr. Football finalist RB in Mr. Cooper. WR's DeAngelo Nelson and Monte Wilson to name the a couple.

I don't know about Ridgeways team ... but I do know they are very very good!Ridgeway simply KILLED Haywood ... this is going to be a tough one. I will be there! Rain, snow, or whatever ... I'm there!