Pre-Season NHSCA

RMC

After losing, why did Knox forfiet the rest of his matches? Did he get hurt?

Where were the other Farragut wrestlers? Saw a few at Karns, but not the "Varsity" crew.

825433050[/snapback]

Don't know why Knox had to forfit. He was injured this year playing football, so he might have had a flare up.

The rest of the Varisty was told not to go to Karns. It was just for our new Grapplers or non -varisty.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't that impressed with Justin Knox, he was in a weight class with 10 guys and took 6th! His first match he barely won 3-1 to a North Carolina kid who should have won, and second round barely won 3-2. All I saw from him was a lot of pushing and waiting for the other guy to shoot. He looked badly out of shape, he got tired earlier and had the other guys who lost to him had enough strength he would have been done for. I was looking foward to watching him wrestle to see the work he had done over summer to improve, but I didn't see anything too impressive. I hope he gets in better shape so I can see him wrestle in top condition.

825433010[/snapback]

CloudDrakan,

You say Knox took 6th out of ten. Correct. He forfeited his matches after his loss in the semis. Which means, without the forfeits (which you do not know why) he could have wrestled for 3rd. The kid that took 3rd was the kid from North Carolina that Knox had already beaten. How good was the kid from North Carolina? Did he place last year? How many shots did each take? In his second match, can you tell me the size of the circle in the mat on which he wrestled? How many shots did each wrestler take? How long did each wrestler get in between their first and second matches? You indicate Knox looked out of shape. Are you sure he was not suffering from a cold? Please answer all these questions.

Thanks

CloudDrakan,

You say Knox took 6th out of ten.  Correct.  He forfeited his matches after his loss in the semis.  Which means, without the forfeits (which you do not know why) he could have wrestled for 3rd.  The kid that took 3rd was the kid from North Carolina that Knox had already beaten.  How good was the kid from North Carolina?  Did he place last year?  How many shots did each take?  In his second match, can you tell me the size of the circle in the mat  on which he wrestled?  How many shots did each wrestler take?  How long did each wrestler get in between their first and second matches?  You indicate Knox looked out of shape.  Are you sure he was not suffering from a cold?  Please answer all these questions.

Thanks

825433685[/snapback]

Are there other results like our Franklin wrestlers?

soms

CloudDrakan,

You say Knox took 6th out of ten.  Correct.  He forfeited his matches after his loss in the semis.  Which means, without the forfeits (which you do not know why) he could have wrestled for 3rd.  The kid that took 3rd was the kid from North Carolina that Knox had already beaten.  How good was the kid from North Carolina?  Did he place last year?  How many shots did each take?  In his second match, can you tell me the size of the circle in the mat  on which he wrestled?  How many shots did each wrestler take?  How long did each wrestler get in between their first and second matches?  You indicate Knox looked out of shape.  Are you sure he was not suffering from a cold?  Please answer all these questions.

Thanks

825433685[/snapback]

The kid that Justin wrestled from NC is nationally ranked at 189 and he was third last year and fifth the year before. The two kids who placed above Jahad, Raymond Jordan and Trebor Clavette both placed at high school nationals. Clavette was 4th and Jordan 7th. Justin's second match was thirty minutes after his first and the kid he wrestled in that match had a bye first round. Cloud if you saw him wrestle you must have been at the tournament how did you do? What weight were you at? There was another kid from TN in that bracket but he did not even score a point with the exception of getting cut loose.

Edited by fwc00

Talked w/ Davis & Felix families late Sunday night, evidently our guys did have some great matches, but got beat out of the medal rounds. They all had a great time and learned a lot.

I'm shocked at the post regarding not sending their varsity wrestlers. The level of this pre-season tourney gets better each year, you send your novice guys and they could easily get hurt. I'd encourage your tough guys to go to this event next year, send your novices to the jamborees.

If you've every been to the NHSCA in July, you would know that the majority of the guys making the medal rounds load up a few weeks later and head to Fargo for the 'Big Daddy'! Imagine 24 mats running at the same time!

Talked w/ Davis & Felix families late Sunday night, evidently our guys did have some great matches, but got beat out of the medal rounds.  They all had a great time and learned a lot. 

I'm shocked at the post regarding not sending their varsity wrestlers.  The level of this pre-season tourney gets better each year, you send your novice guys and they could easily get hurt.  I'd encourage your tough guys to go to this event next year, send your novices to the jamborees.

If you've every been to the NHSCA in July, you would know that the majority of the guys making the medal rounds load up a few weeks later and head to Fargo for the 'Big Daddy'!  Imagine 24 mats running at the same time!

825434275[/snapback]

The Karns Tourney had 3 divisions(Round Robin). Freshmen, JV and Varisty.

It was a good experiance for our new kids. We placed the majority in the JV. We had 4 wrestle Varisity. We had two at the NHSCA and a few were working.

Plenty of time left for kids butting heads. :lol:

Edited by rigger101