Region 1

TDkid

well guys, i think mitch cornett will keep getting better throughout the season, stay at 160, and then win the f-ing state tourney.

825494630[/snapback]

ummm... no, i hafta greatly disagree... that guy didn't impress me at all when we wrestled elizabethton... there are some tuff 160's out there, and cornett would get blistered by them, especially after they beat our 160 which beat him somewheres around the score of 13-3 or something like that, maybe 10-3, anyways, he got beat by him and it wasn't a close match

track800ehs, who are you??? you should check out the rest of the state before u say someone is gonna win the state tournament

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cornett lost to Bowman 9 to 2, and he wrestled a sloppy match. I think he has a chance to win region at 160 and with the right draw he might medal. HE has a lot of potential but can be a head case. It all comes down to your draw at the state tourn. You could be really tough here in region 1 and get beat in the first round of the state tourn. I have seen guys place fourth in our region and place in the state the next week. (Ex. Reed from Sullivan East placed fourth in our region and third in the state.) What happen to Bowman against the Daniel Boone kid. I was suprised to see Jarrett beat him. Is Ramsey from DC going to stay at 140? I heard that Wayne Smith from SE might go to 189. And who is the best 171 in region 1?

well Mcmakin is lookin good Beamer is there and Bowman are all at  152.Mumpy why all the sudden are you at 152 i thought u were going 145 whats up?

825494408[/snapback]

well my coaches have this plan for me to stay at 152 becuase i can eat whatever and still make weight easily and we have this transfer from rock hill, nc and he is weighing in at 147-149 eatin like crap so thats what the plan is for now, it may change though..i'd really love for me and you to wrestle in the region finals..what do you think??? anyways is Mcmakin definetly goin 52 and beamer??? whats this about Jarret from boone beatin bowman???

Cornett lost to Bowman 9 to 2, and he wrestled a sloppy match. I think he has a chance to win region at 160 and with the right draw he might medal. HE has a lot of potential but can be a head case. It all comes down to your draw at the state tourn. You could be really tough here in region 1 and get beat in the first round of the state tourn. I have seen guys place fourth in our region and place in the state the next week. (Ex. Reed from Sullivan East placed fourth in our region and third in the state.) What happen to Bowman against the Daniel Boone kid. I was suprised to see Jarrett beat him. Is Ramsey from DC going to stay at 140? I heard that Wayne Smith from SE might go to 189. And who is the best 171 in region 1?

825494923[/snapback]

i agree with cornett being able to win region relatively easy, about the 71 class i have not a clue. But we have this guy who was on jv last year Jordan Holyfield i think he could possibly be in the top four if he keeps it up...

i agree with cornett being able to win region relatively easy, about the 71 class i have not a clue. But we have this guy who was on jv last year Jordan Holyfield i think he could possibly be in the top four if he keeps it up...

825495092[/snapback]

OK everybody hold your horses. Its not even Febuary and were talking about region titles come on. Maybe we should not make any predictions of who will win what until all the guys have wrestled each other. And to say that someone is going to win the state tourney before christmas, well thats stupid. Bo usary has a shot to win it but you dont see coach price or shelton or his teammates come on here and say hes gonna win the ( f'ing) state. You just dont do that its called being humble maybe some of us should try it?

coachush, already had practice, bout to go run and play racquetball

relentless, i'm sure cornett is ur buddy and all but bowman didn't wrestle his a-game that nite either... i'll give u the region thing, but saying u will win state b4 xmas, ur just nuts... why do u get on here and just try to start stuff bout "mr. e-town fury" when he gets beat by people... i could see you doing that if he was pinning everyone in the 1st period, and winning tournaments on the weekends, but he ain't... enuf said with that

bowman got caught in a funky scramble that nite against the boone guy... bowman had gotten 2 takedowns b4 and the guy did some weird flop thing and they landed out of bounds... boone escaped, and they went neutral again... bowman got in on a high-crotch, pulled it out to a single-leg, and squared up and planted him with a back trip... bowman landed on top, then boone did that weird flop thing and ended up sticking bowman, our coach got very mad... enuf on that

now with the region finals thing, there is no need to get on here and do that... the pre-season predictions thing is cool and all, but let peoples' actions at dual meets speak for themselves

track800ehs, who are you?? if ur gonna get on here and talk like that at least have the balls to say who u are....

relentless, good example, but that year our region was stacked with the top heavyweights(crosby(G), reed(SE), anderson(i believe, DB), and then ruggieri(CD))... 3 of the 4 medaled, and the other was one match short of medaling, i believe they placed 1, 3, and 4 in the state, and ruggieri was a match short...

Edited by iwillpicku

I'm off Thursday and Friday Zeke so I may be over there.  Let me know how you did in Christiansburg and keep pushing the young guys.

825493041[/snapback]

I placed 3rd. i went 3-1 and got some pretty awsome battle scars along the way... many cuts and bruises and they had to superglue a cut on my lip shut 3 times. they said i shoulda had stitches... so thats pretty cool i guess.

I placed 3rd.  i went 3-1 and got some pretty awsome battle scars along the way...  many cuts and bruises and they had to superglue a cut on my lip shut 3 times.  they said i shoulda had stitches...  so thats pretty cool i guess.

825495379[/snapback]

ultimate battlescar- cauliflower ear, pretty cool in my opinion