Which region is stronger in 2A now?

Gerry Bertier

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

A team could be 5th in region 7, and still be a great team. 6-4 and your going home early. Better make plans for the boro every year from this region.

825439690[/snapback]

I find it amzing how west tennessee thinks it is the only place for Tenn. high school football. I mean they haven't had great success in years past against Middle or East TN teams until last year. Region 5 boast a teams that have been dominate the past couple of seasons, CPA has given Riverdale its best game this year, Region 6 is young and in 2 or 3 years will be a very competitive region, and the Memphis teams can always win. so by no means i region 7 promised a spot in the boro every year.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Region 7 should be called the Elite 8.  Playing in that Region will be like playing in

the SEC.  A hard game every weekend.  The out of Region teams that this teams pick up might be teams that are or have been rivals.. Like USJ playing JCS.

Milan still playing JCM or even Huntingdon still putting Bruceton/Mckenzie /Camden

on there Schudule.  Good Gate games.

Good Luck to all of the Region 7 teams next year.

825436538[/snapback]

Huntingdon has McKenzie, Camden, and Liberty Tech for next years out of region games.

I also think USJ will do fine in the region. It will be much tougher to play an entire season of smashmouth football, but  it will make them a better team.

I can only speak for Milan, but after 2005, the Bulldogs are going to be hard to stop. I haven't seen this much talent getting ready to move up to high school in a long time.

825435649[/snapback]

I agree, the great milan teams of 03 and 04 never played as well in middle school as the MMS dawgs played this year. O5 might be an off year for Milan but this year was really made out to be an off year and the dawgs are one win away from the title game. With morris, his coahing staff, and the huge talent coming into the milan program, look for milan to dominate region 7.

Edited by fan7724

I also think USJ will do fine in the region. It will be much tougher to play an entire season of smashmouth football, but  it will make them a better team.

I can only speak for Milan, but after 2005, the Bulldogs are going to be hard to stop. I haven't seen this much talent getting ready to move up to high school in a long time.

825435649[/snapback]

9YR.OLDCHAMP... Does this upcoming group have as much talent as Smith/West and crew? Personally I don't know how Huntingdon keeps putting a top squad on the field each year with only 415 +- students. Heck, we don't have enough kids to have a decent pep rally.. HA! I read in the Milan Mirror about desegragation next year and a parent who has a son on this year's Milan squad told me if this rule had been enforced this year Milan would have lost 15 players. Is that true? I also saw the school board meeting on WBBJ and lots of parents were there. No disrespect here but what are your thoughts on this?

I find it amzing how west tennessee thinks it is the only place for Tenn. high school football. I mean they haven't had great success in years past against Middle or East TN teams until last year. Region 5 boast a teams that have been dominate the past couple of seasons, CPA has given Riverdale its best game this year, Region 6 is young and in 2 or 3 years will be a very competitive region, and the Memphis teams can always win. so by no means i region 7 promised a spot in the boro every year.

825450736[/snapback]

Smiley why do u say that were on the bottom half of the region.. the way i see it the 4 teams in playoffs next year in any order will be cpa dca goodpasture and fairview..

Smiley why do u say that were on the bottom half of the region.. the way i see it the 4 teams in playoffs next year in any order will be cpa dca goodpasture and fairview..

825458527[/snapback]

Ezell Harding will be a force next year, as this years team was very young made up of mostly Juniors and Sophmores. So this team will play a role in the region. Also remember East Robertson was a playoff team from a year ago. Harpeth will also be much improved. So this will be a loaded region.

Ezell Harding will be a force next year, as this years team was very young made up of mostly Juniors and Sophmores. So this team will play a role in the region. Also remember East Robertson was a playoff team from a year ago.  Harpeth will also be much improved. So this will be a loaded region.

825458661[/snapback]

East RObertson made it to 2nd round this year.. so it was sooner than a year ago that they were in the playoffs.. Come one smiley ur suppose to know this.

East RObertson made it to 2nd round this year.. so it was sooner than a year ago that they were in the playoffs.. Come one smiley ur suppose to know this.

825460884[/snapback]

I meant to say that, i was saying from a year ago since they are already out, but i shouldnt have made it confusing. but as you can see it will be a much stronger region tha last years, the winner of this region will be a semifinalist almost every year.