DB vs OR - Alumni Only

ArtVandalay

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DB has played tougher teams so far in the playoffs, but remember that OR had to beat the Owls and Soddy Daisy the last two weeks of the season to win the region. I can't really see that factoring into this game...I think the kicking game will be crucial. Last year against Riverdale, OR missed the XP after a touchdown, and if they had made that, the game could have turned out differently. That just goes to show the importance of the little things. Turnovers will be key as well. I predict the team that turns the ball over the least will win. Gulmire is like a bear trap when it comes to holding on to the ball, so DB will have to make something happen on pass defense. Ferguson has thrown something like 10 interceptions this year, which is great for the amount that he throws the ball...

OR 35

DB 31

A classic game that will be etched into the memories of those who saw it.

Edited by Intermission

Arts R&D dept is out of whack anyway. He had OR 8th in his preseason poll! I take the same pick of Art, only reverse the scores! HA.

Good luck to both teams! Weather should not be a factor as the latest weather report has any rain out of here by mid morning. Temps should be in the sixties to mid fifties. Great Football Weather.

Come one come all and enjoy this classic! Look for pics to be posted in the CoachT gallery! See everyone at the 'Ship! thumb thumb

Art never had a Preseason Poll, or a Regular season Poll.... you must be thinking of my Indian brother, Chief WaCo.

But, now that you mention it... someone in this game is going to loose. Oak Ridge or Dobyns-Bennett will be out after Friday Night. This is the final 8. So, whoever looses will be in about that 8 spot, even though everyone in the State knows that DB and OR are a lock for 2 of the top 3 Teams in the State.... No Question about it.

Good luck to both Teams. I hope there are no major injuries, and we expect a classic, not a shootout, but a classic.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Edited by ArtVandalay

DB has a kicking game. And the kicking game was huge in the 1st meeting. DB averaged what.... 45 yds a punt.. and everyone of them was bigger than the next.

FG..... 35-39 yd range. Against Science Hill (last Regular Season game), DB hit 2 - 35 yd Xtra Points. The Indians won't try 1 from beyond 40 yds, but if it gets down to that, I bet the Oak Ridge fans would rather see the Tribe try a 40 yarder than go for it on 4th down.

Expect a couple of things from the Indians. When #7 is in the game, the Wildcat players had better make sure the chin strap is attatched, because, well, he's got the Jimmy Leg. And, DB does not punt when they cross the 50...... Unlike Lussier, when he blew game 1. DB has the decided coaching advantage in this one.

How is Spencer Gulmire? Is there truth to the injury?

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!