DB vs OR - Alumni Only

ArtVandalay

DB has a kicking game. And the kicking game was huge in the 1st meeting. DB averaged what.... 45 yds a punt.. and everyone of them was bigger than the next.

FG..... 35-39 yd range. Against Science Hill (last Regular Season game), DB hit 2 - 35 yd Xtra Points. The Indians won't try 1 from beyond 40 yds, but if it gets down to that, I bet the Oak Ridge fans would rather see the Tribe try a 40 yarder than go for it on 4th down.

Expect a couple of things from the Indians. When #7 is in the game, the Wildcat players had better make sure the chin strap is attatched, because, well, he's got the Jimmy Leg. And, DB does not punt when they cross the 50...... Unlike Lussier, when he blew game 1. DB has the decided coaching advantage in this one.

How is Spencer Gulmire? Is there truth to the injury?

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

825440033[/snapback]

Vandy, No truth to the injury report at all, in fact he is probably more rested than he has been this year which does not bode well for the injuns. It will take more then a coaching advantage in this one to win and about the only advantage I can see their coaching staff has is they come up with some pretty good one liners. Any truth that your big receiver has been suspended again for this game?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got locked because of the Preston Forest Wrecking Crew idiots on there last night.  Roll Tribe!

825440174[/snapback]

thumb Thanks BigIon68, it was driving me nuts. Couldn't find it, thought I had lost my mind. I figured thats what happened, I don't know why they have to do that when you got a great thread going. Oh well

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

IF YOU BELIEVE YOU "WILL" ACHIEVE :ph34r:

To all of the great Oak Ridge fans... will you have a Tailgate Party?.. Pregame at the SHIP? If so, we shall see you and be happy to talk about the greatest Rivalry in East Tennessee 5A.

Last post before game day..... Hey Smoke... Where are you?

Did you get away from MB?

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

825440089[/snapback]

YEP the tailgate party is alive and well! It happens above the field at the upper parking lot. Great food, great atmosphere, and great company. Come join us. If ya want to meet this Old Cat I will be the one with the camera!

Welcome to the 'Ship! HS football don't get no better than this! thumb

Oh, and let me say this. This years Oak Ridge team would beat last years Oak Ridge team.

825438664[/snapback]

man, waco, yer the man sometimes, but you can't say that. you can never talk about teams playin themselves, it doesn't work.

oh no, why am i in louisiana? ugh, a DB-OR game in the playoffs is waaaaay more important than college. wut the heck.

oh, and im glad the pfc kids are gona, and im glad bigwaltdeezy realized that he wasn't wanted...ha its cool man...but i mean seriously, church league basketball?

prediction again

in a classic in which the end isn't clear until the final whistle, oak ridge will edge it out through hardnosin and a few lucky breaks and both sides will be proud, one will be a lil disappointed, but both will hold their heads up high

Wildcats over the Tribe by 6

Any truth that your big  receiver has been suspended again for this game?

825440196[/snapback]

No such luck for you this time Wildcat fans. Your team will have to line up against ALL of the Indians this time around in the Playoffs. And that spells trouble for the 'Cats.

Can't wait... couldn't sleep...

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Edited by ArtVandalay

Is everyone getting excited about tonight? This has been the longest week. I'm glad the youngsters haven't found this board yet. Keeping my fingers crossed. I haven't been to the 'ship'. What kind of capacity does it have and what time should one arrive to be able to sit instead of stand? Hope it's as warm tonight as it was last night..... :D

Is everyone getting excited about tonight?  This has been the longest week.  I'm glad the youngsters haven't found this board yet.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  I haven't been to the 'ship'.  What kind of capacity does it have and what time should one arrive to be able to sit instead of stand?  Hope it's as warm tonight as it was last night..... :D

825440560[/snapback]

The 'Ship was designed to hold up to 10k, but 8k is more realistic. Plenty of seating, but this should be a capacity crowd. Not just OR/DB fans, but we are anticipating a draw from the football crowd as welll due to the great matchup. Gates I believe open at 5:30 and you should arrive no later than 6:15 to make sure ya got a seat ya like.

Since DB is not bringing their whole band (dad gum it, I really like their band and their style) tht should free up some more seating.

Come on Down!

Welcome to the Atomic City! thumb :D