Why no coverage of HS by Memphis newspaper

hardhead

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have to look that hard for a playoff series, there are problems in Memphis coverage. Shame shame shame. HS playoff football must be taking a back seat to basketball there and that's a shame. Not surprised in the least :unsure:

825442972[/snapback]

I don't believe it's hard to find the articles. There are even pictures that correspond to the stories.....wow!

If you have to look that hard for a playoff series, there are problems in Memphis coverage. Shame shame shame. HS playoff football must be taking a back seat to basketball there and that's a shame. Not surprised in the least <_<

825442972[/snapback]

ERA:

There is a whole section dedicated to HS football. Coach T has some links on this site to those articles. There where 6 Memphis teams in the Quarters last night in 4 locally played games. Three Memphis teams advanced to the semi's. The Memphis paper did a wonderful job covering each game. You are barking up the wrong tree my man.

Milan cuts down Cobras is the name of the article in the sports section.  There are also stories on G'twn and Houstom. Kingsbury and Melrose and some other teams.  You just need to look a little better I guess.

825442969[/snapback]

Thanks for the reply but I still don't see anything about high school football. What page?

The edition we get in NW Tennessee is probably different from the Memphis edition.

If you bought the paper outside of Memphis such as Milan, It was probably the early edition that is printed before these stories could be included.

825443007[/snapback]

Yeah, that's probably the case. I guess I could log-on to their website but you have to register and give them a bunch if personal information.

I bought a Commercial Appeal this morning to see what they said about the Milan-Carver game.

I didn't find an article or even the score of any high school playoff game and there was several Memphis teams playing last night.

Next time I'll save my 50 cents.

825442926[/snapback]

Where did you get it? If you're far enough away from Memphis, you may have gotten the early edition...which they have too early a deadline to report HS results in. The local edition has the coverage you're looking for, so does the website.