Greenbrier @ Kingsbury

FatCat

Okay, time to start this thread.

My first question is where will the game be played? From what I have been able to research, it doesn't appear that Kingsbury has their own football field. I saw that they played at the fairgrounds against Covington and I am assuming we will play them there.

Is the fairgrounds the "Liberty Bowl" stadium?

Also, don't know much about Kingsbury other than they must be pretty good. Looking forward to the trip and the game.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to hear from some Kingsbury fans or anyone who knows anything about Kingsbury.....maybe some Covington or Ripley folks.

I had never heard of Kingsbury before this year. Do they have a good tradition or are they a one-year wonder? What style football do they play? Etc., etc., etc.

I'd love to hear from some Kingsbury fans or anyone who knows anything about Kingsbury.....maybe some Covington or Ripley folks.

I had never heard of Kingsbury before this year.  Do they have a good tradition or are they a one-year wonder?  What style football do they play? Etc., etc., etc.

825443367[/snapback]

FatCat:

I haven't seen them play all year. I have been keeping tabs on them in the paper. I know they lost to last years 5A champion, Germantown 19-8 early in the season. They have a good QB who runs very well and he has some good recievers. They also have a RB who gets a lot of yards every game. I don't know what kind of schemes they run, but I do know they excell in the team speed and tackeling departments.

Okay, time to start this thread.

My first question is where will the game be played?  From what I have been able to research, it doesn't appear that Kingsbury has their own football field.  I saw that they played at the fairgrounds against Covington and I am assuming we will play them there.

825443154[/snapback]

I am not sure but this may help you. I found this on a websearch.

Halle Stadium:

Mt. Moriah at Mendenhall, Memphis, TN

From Bolton, go south on Brunswick road to Highway 70.

Turn west (right) on Hwy 70.

Turn south (left) on Germantown Road and keep going past Wolfchase.

Get onto I-40 west.

Take the I-240 loop south towards Memphis Intl Airport.

Take the Mt. Moriah exit (exit 17) to the south. Halle stadium will be about 0.6 mile down on the left.

Again this is not offical it is just what I found. The coaches will put out something to the parents probably.

There is also another stadium that the high schools share.

Edited by painter

I am not sure but this may help you. I found this on a websearch.

Halle Stadium:

Mt. Moriah at Mendenhall, Memphis, TN

From Bolton, go south on Brunswick road to Highway 70.

Turn west (right) on Hwy 70.

Turn south (left) on Germantown Road and keep going past Wolfchase.

Get onto I-40 west.

Take the I-240 loop south towards Memphis Intl Airport.

Take the Mt. Moriah exit (exit 17) to the south. Halle stadium will be about 0.6 mile down on the left.

Again this is not offical it is just what I found. The coaches will put out something to the parents probably.

825444061[/snapback]

I don't know what they will have for a semi matchup, but I will go ahead and warn the Greenbrier fans not to get their hopes up for a great facility. I played a playoff game against a Memphis city school in 97 and the 5 yard lines were 3 yards apart on one side of the field and close to 7 on the other at one point. I won't even get into the actual field itself. Judging from the directions listed above, I am willing to bet you guys are headed into a similar situation. If you guys travel well, get there early because seating will be a premium.

I didn't get to see the game, but they beat Lexington by one earlier in the season. Not yout typical Memphis school from all accounts. Talented and well-coached. It should be a good game, but I think Greenbrier should come out on top in a close one.

I will also recommend making a day trip out of it and going to eat at the Rondevouz before the game. Best ribs on earth!

825443154[/snapback]

I believe that the Fairgrounds Stadium is on the Mid-South Fair property, which is also where the Liberty Bowl, Mid-South Coliseum and Tim McCarver Stadium (former Redbirds/Chicks baseball stadium) is located. If you follow the directions to the Liberty Bowl or Fairgrounds you will wind up there.

Don't no much about Kingsbury, but I have to pull for my Bobcats. Their defense is playing very well and is also extremely well coached. They will be ready for any "athletes" Kingsbury can throw at them. No defense has held Roger and company in check all year so good luck Kingsbury but Greenbrier by 10. Hope I can travel Mufreesboro and watch Greenbrier next week.