WB and Heritage drop Alcoa from Schedule

Budrock

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Meadows wants to play more teams like Bradley Central and McMinn County.  Why lose to a 2A school when there are terrible 5A teams out there to play?

825444579[/snapback]

Well, that's a fact. You look better playing 5A teams and WINNING. No matter how bad they are. It just makes good sense for WB and Heritage.

Hey, y'all chack out my Blount Co Championship poll....

Good to hear from you GovMan.  Hope the family is doing well. 

I'm comfortable saying it was WB and Heritage that dropped Alcoa.  I first heard of this Thursday night at the basketball game (Alcoa vs. Webb).  I confirmed Friday when I was there for the pregame meal and the game vs. Rockwood.  As I understand it, Alcoa is calling all over trying to find games to fill in the schedule.  Rumor has it that the only new team on the schedule, other than region foes Loudon and CAK, is the Fulton Falcons.  I think we will lose the South-Doyle and Webb games along with region foe Harriman and the two BC schools.  By my math that means will still need two more games to fill out a ten game schedule.

Good luck at the Maryville - THS game this Friday.  Root the Rebels on to victory.  If you change your mind and want to go to Nashville let me know.  I'll let you ride between my two little brothers.  thumb

825444324[/snapback]

What type of vehicle would we need for ME and your two little brothers to be able to sit 3 abreast of one another? A 747 ???

What type of vehicle would we need for ME and your two little brothers to be able to sit 3 abreast of one another? A 747 ???

I don't guess you've seen Steve recently. He's down to about 450. When me, the brothers, and Uncle Fatboy load up in the old man's van it looks like a low rider.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Posts

• No reasonable lawyer would take up this case. I am not a lawyer, but I know school law in and out.  Similar situations just like this play out thousands of times each year across the country, even at the college level (i.e. Ole Miss)  The Plaintiff's never win...ever.  If I am wrong, please provide a legal precedent for me. I will be waiting.  https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39431892/judge-drops-ole-miss-player-lawsuit-lane-kiffin  
    • Yes Justin Cruse was named head coach
    • It used to be, I think it still is, a change of 20% +/- gives reason to reclassify. Schools can choose to play up classifications but not down. Here is the mid cycle reclassification info on TSSAA.org When Memphis East changed from a regular public school to an "all-optional" school in 2017 the would've dropped to A but chose to stay in AAA in basketball (baseball, and softball) Penny was still coaching there and with the players they had they would've beaten A teams by 40 and slept walked to the championship. Other Memphis schools stayed in their classifications (mostly in basketball) until the next reclassification cycle. Of course this is the same time that a 4th class was added basketball.
    • TN USA Freestyle & Greco-Roman State Championships Registration Deadline Tonight 5/2 at 8 p.m. CST! Links to register for this weekend's state championships at Summit H.S. below: Freestyle State Championship Tournament https://unapproved website/tw/opentournaments/VerifyPassword.jsp?tournamentId=853379132 Greco-Roman State Championship Tournament https://unapproved website/tw/opentournaments/VerifyPassword.jsp?tournamentId=853380132
    • Who has more access to kids? Charters? Privates?