Rebel Nation

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still feel that all the arguments to end these series are weak. Alcoa ought to do what UT did to Memphis but in reverse. No football = No basketball or whatever else. How sad when a 5A school gets their fragile little ego's hurt when they get beat by a 2A school, even if they are one of the strongest teams in the state with multiple Division 1 prospects. Besides, all these kids have competed against each other since they were little and to have that chance to compete taken away when they get to high school because or someone's fear of losing is a joke. WB and Heritage ought to be ashamed. Again, to be the man you have to beat the man. I guarantee these 2 schools would beg like mad if Maryville ever decided to drop them because that is "THE GAME" on their schedule, no matter what they night say, not to mention the biggest gate.

An interesting commentary. How many kids are in Heritage and WB? I'm thinkin they'd be 3A schools bro, but you could be right.

You're right about Alcoa...if anything the tuition kids flocking to the 3 county schools will hurt them hahahaha....I couldn't resist. They'll be 1/2A in 2009. Poor Tornadoes.

Have you seen the "head job" thread yet?

So Maryville is suppossed to move up just to be in the same region as WB and Heritage? That makes no sense. Maryville and Alcoa should not even bother playing either of these schools until WB and Heritage get new head coaches who don't cancel games without even telling the other team's coach--Rewis and Meadows have shown no class whatsoever. Alcoa will be hard pressed to find replacement games for next year. Most teams already have their schedule lined up. But Heritage and WB don't care because they already have some weak sister team to play in place of Alcoa.

NO!!! I'm not saying Maryville should move up just to be in the same region. We all know it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. What I was saying is WHEN we move up this discussion will be a moot point, if everybody kept Alcoa on their schedules. It would be a lot easier to keep the championship going. I want Maryville to stay in 4A as long as their allowed but when they move to 5A, logically we would be in the same region with the other Blount County schools.

I really don't like the idea of dropping Alcoa from the county schedules. But, I do see the benefit from it. If you are a new coach trying to rebuild a program that has struggled to compete, you want to do anything possible to change it. When you go into a game with an attitude knowing the past and that you have rarely if never beaten a team that theoretically you should, the kids start to develop a mindset about it. Just think about UT/BAMA for so many years. And the losses to Alcoa/Maryville have gone on longer than that. Winning begets Winning. And, once these programs have been able to develop some winning attitudes, whose to say that both WB and HHS add Alcoa back to their schedule.

Maryville will be in 5A in a couple of years so no reason to drop them. Probably causing some change in the Regions as they now exist, somebody will travel a whole lot more.

I think these coaches have the best interest of their respective players at heart in these decisions. The fact that anybody would think this is due to spite is extremely closed minded. This change could make all the teams in blount county better, Alcoa will be able to play more competite teams and HHS and WB will be able to hopefully build on some success.

I really don't like the idea of dropping Alcoa from the county schedules. But, I do see the benefit from it.  If you are a new coach trying to rebuild a program that has struggled to compete, you want to do anything possible to change it.  When you go into a game with an attitude knowing the past and that you have rarely if never beaten a team that theoretically you should,  the kids start to develop a mindset about it.  Just think about UT/BAMA for so many years.  And the losses to Alcoa/Maryville have gone on longer than that.  Winning begets Winning.  And,  once these programs have been able to develop some winning attitudes, whose to say that both WB and HHS add Alcoa back to their schedule. 

Maryville will be in 5A in a couple of years so no reason to drop them.  Probably causing some change in the Regions as they now exist, somebody will travel a whole lot more.

I think these coaches have the best interest of their respective players at heart in these decisions.  The fact that anybody would think this is due to spite is extremely closed minded.  This change could make all the teams in blount county better, Alcoa will be able to play more competite teams and HHS and WB will be able to hopefully build on some success.

825449241[/snapback]

Give me a break ooldrebel. The county coaches obviously are not thinking of the players. They want weak teams to play in order to boost their egos. That way they can talk about how they win 4 or 5 games a year and how they have turned their program around. Talk to some of the Alcoa coaches about this and see how they got left in the dark--now they are scrambling to find two replacement games. Alcoa will likely have to schedule a team that is two or three hours away. Rewis royally screwed Alcoa--and that is a fact. This is all a big joke. Maybe Heritage, William Blount, Bradley Central, & McMinn County should have their own region and play each other round robin style. Then all the county coaches could feel good about their winning records.

WHY DOESN'T EVERYONE JUST ADMIT IT....IT MAKES THEIR SCHOOL LOOK BAD TO LOSE TO A 2A SCHOOL...BUT THE THING I DON'T GET IS THAT HERITAGE HEAD COACH REWIS SAD THEY WERE WANTING TO GET MORE WINS.....THEY WHY ARE YOU STILL PLAYING MARYVILLE!!!!!!!!!!!

825449607[/snapback]

Thats right! And whoever they schedule it should be a slap in the face for a 5A school to drop a 2A school that they were scared and tired of loseing to and scheuled them for a win. that would tick me off and I bet it will whoever they schedule instead of us.